R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2003, 02:59 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
the stock diff the comes with the mz is a gear diff... since the shaft is a little longer one side, there is more interia to spin the wheel...

i don't think beefing up the voltage will increase the range of the ir.
choice thanx for the answers.
i figured that was the deal with the diff.
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:23 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
It looks like we have ourselves a Mini Z thread !!!
Awesome ride Accord !!!
So since I'm a Z car newbie...I'll ask the first couple of newbie questions.
I've never seen a mini z actually run.....Are they quick? I don't imagine they're anything like a 10th scale..even one with a little old Mabuchi motor.
For those that have a nice track to run on....What kind of track dimensions are good for Mini Z's ????
Do you guy's see this as a growing part of the RC hobby ???
definitely! i believe that mz or micro rc's have a place in the hobby... here are my personal opinions why:

1. they're relatively cheaper to run than the 1/10.
2. easier to set-up
3. relatively gives you a feel and knowledge of driving the bigger scale cars (if ever you decide to go into them)
4. good training ground
5. increase your reflexes
6. requires a much smaller space to run in.
7. they're just a lot of fun!

the mz's are definitely fast. we upgrade the PCB (internal board) to accept hotter motors...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:26 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord
GTMilenko, it performs very well... it has nearly every modification available on the market if that gives you any idea of it's performance. With Mini-Z's, I would estimate it is 99% driver skill and 1% car.
GTMilenko, Accord:

yes, i agree, with a spec race, mini-z is 99%driving, 1%car!

GTMilenko...

we found that the in order to make the mz stable, we run foam rears and rubber fronts... and use tire conditioner (traction compound) on the rear... a bit understeer, but makes the car very forgiving...

Last edited by highwayman; 07-01-2003 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:38 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

One thing that my Z has helped me out with the most is throttle control. When ever I can I just take my mini on to my kitchen's hard wood floor and just try to get up to it's top speed without spinning out, it helps me out a lot for racing my 1/12 and 1/10 sedan. That track looks sweet, a lot better than mine *cough*cough*kitchen floor*cough*cough* . But you can do endless doughnuts on hard wood floors. Also since the little cars are only rear wheel drive they also teach you a lot of steering control when you drive on a hard wood floor. Since the rear end of my Z almost always slides out if I do a hard turn now when ever my rear end on my sedan looses traction I have much better control of it from practicing with my mini-z .
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:19 PM   #20
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

here is my old z i use to run until they closed the track up
but there is another lucky member that has it now and i take it having fun with it with his son
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my z.jpg (51.6 KB, 216 views)
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:21 PM   #21
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

the bottom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my z 1.jpg (48.6 KB, 186 views)
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:47 PM   #22

bump
Allan Hizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is there a magazine for Mini or Micro cars?? I don't see a monthly magazine available. I do have a copy of Minis & Micros but I think that only comes out once a year.

Any more thoughts about whether Mini Z's will become very popular or not??

Personally I see a few benefits with Mini and Micro racing. Smaller tracks mean you can fit them in to reasonably sized buildings which means..........no more heat stroke!!!! (especially if you live in Florida or maybe Arizona).

The tracks can be built with more realism. I've seen some very cool pics of tracks that even include elevation changes.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

I don't think there is a monthly magazine or anything like that for the little cars. But mabey if we pester the editors at R/C Car Action enough they will make Mini's and Micro's a magazine that comes out more than once a year. I really like how the mini-z tracks don't take up that much space, because you can make the track look much more like a real race track. You can have side gaurds on the track that are more than a piece of wood or a big pipe. And the cars also look much more realistic because most mini-z bodies arn't made out of lexan they have things like head light buckets and mirrors (but after about a week of hard racing your body probably won't have mirrors ) . As for the mini-z becoming very popular or not? I think they already are pretty popular.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:16 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is my old z i use to run until they closed the track up
but there is another lucky member that has it now and i take it having fun with it with his son
cool car! what chassis was that? pro-z? fiberglass? how was the handling and durability as compared to the stock chassis?

a friend of mine got the carbon fiber from pro-z...
Old 07-03-2003, 10:35 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

I know that the pro-z has a much lower center of gravity because of how the battaries are positioned. The only thing that drew me away from that chassis is that you have to solder in the battaries which seemed like too much work for such a little car that I only use just for fun. Well I know that the first pro-z chassis' that came out you had to solderin the battaries, I dont know if that has changed since then. It seems like the pro-z would traction roll much less because of the battaries position.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #27
pcm
Tech Apprentice

I am new in mini Zs. Does anyone know any tracks I could race in Los Angeles, California? Thanks.
pcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:54 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Default mini-z tracks

I'm not aware of any mini-z tracks in california. But there is a track forum on mini-zracer.com so you could check that out and see if there are any.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know if an aftermarket aluminum micro RS4 pinion gear would fit one the mini-z? I know there are a few companies that make aluminum pinion gears for the rs4 and I want to try one of my Z because I'm tired of replacing my stock pinions so often. I just want to see if anyone has tried this with any success, someone said it "might" work. Keyword being might so I don't think he has done it and I didn't bother asking cuz I already asked like a million questions. Any input on this would be nice .
Old 07-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Does anyone know if an aftermarket aluminum micro RS4 pinion gear would fit one the mini-z? I know there are a few companies that make aluminum pinion gears for the rs4 and I want to try one of my Z because I'm tired of replacing my stock pinions so often. I just want to see if anyone has tried this with any success, someone said it "might" work. Keyword being might so I don't think he has done it and I didn't bother asking cuz I already asked like a million questions. Any input on this would be nice .
i don't know about that BUT there are aftermarket derlin pinions you can get for the mini-z, i've seen some on the towerhobbies webpage
GTMilenko is offline   Reply With Quote