Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

What speedy are you guys using for the 1S lipos?

I was looking at getting the Tekin RS Pro but id like a speedy that i can also chuck in my tourer that can handle mod. So possibly the SXX?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hello guys, I am hoping some resident experts may be able to offer me some advice on getting into 1/12th racing.... first a little background, me and four of my nitro buddies are looking for something to run this winter, our local LHS has a medium sized indoor carpet track, they don't run too many races, but the track has great acess whenever its needed.... So me and my buddies are thinking of buying 5 of the same car and motor setup, just to make the learning curve easier.... Our LHS stocks the AE car with full compliment of parts, so I have decided the AE car is our best bet......A few of the guys were looking at the X-Ray M-18, but I feel the 1/12th cars would be more competent and robust.......... Anyways I would like to go BL with lipo , not looking for a overly fast motor, just something useable that we can develop our driving skills with.......... I am completely and utterly clueless when it comes to 1/12th racing, so I have no idea what direction to take.... We would be looking for the best servo possible ( durability is very important ), digital preferred.... Basically I am hoping someone here can take my hand and guide me to a good working setup that can get my group up and running with the least amount of trouble.... As I say we are all very green to to carpet racing and I fear without guidance we could easily go in the wrong direction and waste both time and money........ Also I am thinking we will start with AE newest offering http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ad-Pan-Car-Kit

Anyways hopefully a few of you guys have the time to help me, I have done some reading thru the threads, but honestly the threads are long and many things are over my head so finding what i am looking for is difficult....Thank you in advance !
Old 09-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Hello guys, I am hoping some resident experts may be able to offer me some advice on getting into 1/12th racing.... first a little background, me and four of my nitro buddies are looking for something to run this winter, our local LHS has a medium sized indoor carpet track, they don't run too many races, but the track has great acess whenever its needed.... So me and my buddies are thinking of buying 5 of the same car and motor setup, just to make the learning curve easier.... Our LHS stocks the AE car with full compliment of parts, so I have decided the AE car is our best bet......A few of the guys were looking at the X-Ray M-18, but I feel the 1/12th cars would be more competent and robust.......... Anyways I would like to go BL with lipo , not looking for a overly fast motor, just something useable that we can develop our driving skills with.......... I am completely and utterly clueless when it comes to 1/12th racing, so I have no idea what direction to take.... We would be looking for the best servo possible ( durability is very important ), digital preferred.... Basically I am hoping someone here can take my hand and guide me to a good working setup that can get my group up and running with the least amount of trouble.... As I say we are all very green to to carpet racing and I fear without guidance we could easily go in the wrong direction and waste both time and money........ Also I am thinking we will start with AE newest offering http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ad-Pan-Car-Kit

Anyways hopefully a few of you guys have the time to help me, I have done some reading thru the threads, but honestly the threads are long and many things are over my head so finding what i am looking for is difficult....Thank you in advance !
Ok, this will be an easy to dial in setup. Very little knowlage in modern speedos and computers needed.

Futaba 9650 servo with med servo saver
LRP SXX speedo.
Trinity or phantom 13.5 brushless motor.
72 spur
40 threw 45 pinion (64 pitch)
Protoform speed 12 (not the 12b)
Any 1cell lipo will do.
Small rx pack and regulator or booster (Im using the $5 china booster from hobby king)
Tires are your biggest exspense. Black front and yellow rear are a good place to start but get with the fast guys and see what your local track needs.
You will need to have or know some one with a tire truer.

If complexity is an issue then you can run 4 cell packs and a 17.5. That will get rid of the rx pack or booster. ITs just as fast as 13.5/1 cell.

When you get all that together then come back and we can get you a base setup to start them out with.

HTH
DK
Old 09-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
Here Is my setup from the IIC.

Front end
.20 springs w/4 shims on the top and 30000 lube
1 1/2 * camber,full castor, 1/2* toeout
3.25mm ride height
Jaco magenta 41mm, 1/2 tire, jack

Rear
gold center and side springs
30wt in both shocks
3.25mm ride height
.75mm pod droop
Jaco magenta 43mm full tire, jack

Protoform AMR
Lrp Sxx 2,4,2,1
Reedy 1cell 4600 lipo
Lrp 4.5, 25/96

Hope this helps
When you say full caster you mean 6.15 degree block setting with all shims to the rear, right? Also, how did you have the battery positioned? I've always liked the magenta all around on link cars. Just seems to make the car corner nice.

Last edited by Apex; 09-30-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
What speedy are you guys using for the 1S lipos?

I was looking at getting the Tekin RS Pro but id like a speedy that i can also chuck in my tourer that can handle mod. So possibly the SXX?
Um, what makes you think the RS Pro won't handle mod in a sedan? The RS or RS Pro would be my choice in your situation . . .
Old 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

OK, its sideways, and pretty pixelated, but its better than nothing for the moment. Maybe I can get Petite RC to host the actual PDF.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-awd-17.5-iic.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Um, what makes you think the RS Pro won't handle mod in a sedan? The RS or RS Pro would be my choice in your situation . . .
Yeh cant the RS Pro handle 1/8th electrics even?! It can more than handle mod sedan.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...tedRC12R5.html

Arn0 agreed to host my Vegas setups. So if you have called me, emailed me, or pm'd me you should be able to get them from petit R/C soon.

AWD
Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the rear pod for the 12R5.1 lighter than the present brushless pod for the 12R5 ?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are any of you running a JR servo in your 12R5 or 12R5.1? I recall reading that Sean C runs a JR servo. My question is... Did you drill new holes in the chassis to use the servo mounts or just Shoe-Goo the servo to the chassis? If you drilled new holes, did you flip the servo over so it is on the left side of the chassis and then mount the ESC on the right?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Chemical X
Are any of you running a JR servo in your 12R5 or 12R5.1? I recall reading that Sean C runs a JR servo. My question is... Did you drill new holes in the chassis to use the servo mounts or just Shoe-Goo the servo to the chassis? If you drilled new holes, did you flip the servo over so it is on the left side of the chassis and then mount the ESC on the right?

Thanks in advance.
Yes I re-drill the chassis for the JR servo. No I do not flip it over, I move it as far forward in the car as possible. It is also possible to shoe goo the servo but that obviously is a little messy to clean up when you have to remove it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Yes I re-drill the chassis for the JR servo. No I do not flip it over, I move it as far forward in the car as possible. It is also possible to shoe goo the servo but that obviously is a little messy to clean up when you have to remove it.
Sean, when are you going to start racing Thursday nights at OCRC again?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by speed-e
Sean, when are you going to start racing Thursday nights at OCRC again?
I'm in need of a little post IIC break. I'll be back soon.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
In doing a side by side between the 12r5 vs 12r5.1 manual these are the minimum parts you would need to purchase to make the conversion happen assuming you already own a 12r5.

Lower Pod Plate : 8511
LR bulkhead : 8537
Motor Mount Standoff : 4687
Motor Mount Plate : 8536

upper pod plate : 4688
ball stud 8mm long silver : 31284
aluminum 2mm washer : 31286
m3x5mm bhcs : 31530

Please note part# 4688 is not available till mid October 2009.
Don't you need the 4608 diff hub and 4609 thrust cone also?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...tedRC12R5.html

Arn0 agreed to host my Vegas setups. So if you have called me, emailed me, or pm'd me you should be able to get them from petit R/C soon.

AWD
Late to let you know, Andrew'setups are online!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.