Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

My question is what would someone recomend (what color of compound tires) should I start with on a carpet track. The track hasn't been run on in about 6 months so pobably no traction for now. Looking at previous setups it looks like double pink up front and yellow or magenta rear. Is this correct? I will be using CRC brand because thats what they have at the track for now. LMK thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
My question is what would someone recomend (what color of compound tires) should I start with on a carpet track. The track hasn't been run on in about 6 months so pobably no traction for now. Looking at previous setups it looks like double pink up front and yellow or magenta rear. Is this correct? I will be using CRC brand because thats what they have at the track for now. LMK thanks
That sounds like good combo to start with, since the track hasn't been ran on traction will be very low so gray front yellow rear is also a good combo for low traction ,if that gives you to much steering black fronts will calm the front end down.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Is there an easy way to get the battery in and out of the inline chassis? Or at least which 3 screws will make it easy?
You answered your own question, removing the top plate facilitates battery removal.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
You went without me OMG ...lol

I have an idea for this next year so brace yourself here it goes

We can call it the Death Star Series *Star Wars Theme*

A Nor-cal/So-cal series like the olden days (4 races)

It used to be C.A.R. (California Auto Racing) vs. S.C.A.R. (Southern California Auto Racing)

Hohwart, Neisenger, Garnue, the associated guys, checkpoint guys and everybody would go to these 4 races. Two in so-cal and two in nor-cal

Would be great for 12th scale and to connect So and Nor-cal guys

Only 5 hrs drive and some fast food drive through (Del Taco) on the way separates us ...lol

Are you in?

I can organize the stuff up here and we got to race asphalt also

I love my asphalt...
I'd be into it.

Are the designers also considering the double wishbone ft end also

For this "new" car

Originally Posted by daveb
It's been awhile since I've ran 1/12th scale and I just built an 12R5.1. I've got brand new tires but I've noticed with the supplied front bulk head shims I'm going to get a really high ride height. I've got one of the thick spacers under the bulkhead and my height in the front is like 7.72. My question is my tires are at 48, what should I true them down to for a good starting point? Or do you just buy a bunch of shims for the underside of the bulk head?
Tire size can vary greatly but the idea is to choose the tire size then shim the front suspension and adjust the rear axle to achieve the proper ride height.

Is there an easy way to get the battery in and out of the inline chassis? Or at least which 3 screws will make it easy?
Using tape plus the three screws is the way to install and remove it. But you can remove the taps that keep the battery from sliding out so that you can remove it this way. The tape alone will keep the batter in place.

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Keep in mind that the CRC tires are a different offset than Jaco or Parma. This means the rear axle should be set up with no shims. However I use two shims on the diff side (zero on the hub side) to center the axle.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Keep in mind that the CRC tires are a different offset than Jaco or Parma. This means the rear axle should be set up with no shims. However I use two shims on the diff side (zero on the hub side) to center the axle.
So if you remove the two shims on the diff side, will the rear end be narrow enough to be legal with CRC wheels, and if so, it would now be offset, right ?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp
So if you remove the two shims on the diff side, will the rear end be narrow enough to be legal with CRC wheels, and if so, it would now be offset, right ?
I have been under the impression that you cannot make it down to 172 with the CRC tires but I could be incorrect as I do not have a car with me right now to check.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks guys, I'm assuming the top deck is the front top deck the shock is attached to!? Fairly new to 12th scale.

Also, that center shock, is there a specific length that works? mine seemed too long and was pushing the rear pod back.

Originally Posted by AreCee
You answered your own question, removing the top plate facilitates battery removal.
I'd be into it.

Tire size can vary greatly but the idea is to choose the tire size then shim the front suspension and adjust the rear axle to achieve the proper ride height.

Using tape plus the three screws is the way to install and remove it. But you can remove the taps that keep the battery from sliding out so that you can remove it this way. The tape alone will keep the batter in place.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, I'm assuming the top deck is the front top deck the shock is attached to!? Fairly new to 12th scale.

Also, that center shock, is there a specific length that works? mine seemed too long and was pushing the rear pod back.
Yes, that is the top deck.

Check to see if you have the rod end screwed on all the way and that the shaft is fully seated in the rod end before tightening the set screw. There is only one length of shock shaft so just be certain you have the rod end listed in the lipo conversion sheet.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Mike Blackstock's TQ and 1st Place Modified set has been posted here.

This is the setup i ran this past weekend at the halloween race. Track was high bite and this was the best setup to date i have had for the new lipo conversion...

Mike
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Rick, those axle spacings you mention - what wheel is that with?? I'm just wondering if it's possible to use the longer (R5/L4) diff hub with a parma wheel and 5.1 pod.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It would be a neat build to have the battery be inserted from underneath the car all stealth like. Then two screws could be used to remove a lipo sized plate

Just a thought

@Rick Hohwart

I personally would think it would be radical if you attended this 4 race series between Nor & So cal

If you raced 12th it would be totally radical ...lol

Let's call it the "The Totally Awesome Cali On-road Series"

I will start a dialogue with Kevin and Eric

If David is into it maybe he can coordinate the TQ part of it

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 11-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It would be a neat build to have the battery be inserted from underneath the car all stealth like. Then two screws could be used to remove a lipo sized plate

Just a thought

There have been some tweak issues with that design in the past. Perhaps they could perfect it?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

@Rick Hohwart

I personally would think it would be radical if you attended this 4 race series between Nor & So cal

If you raced 12th it would be totally radical ...lol

Let's call it the "The Totally Awesome Cali On-road Series"

I will start a dialogue with Kevin and Eric

If David is into it maybe he can coordinate the TQ part of it
Of course I'm down.
Have talked to the Norcal guys and have raced at Norcal a few times already.
Killer crew up there.
But if you want Rick to show up you better include WCRC, he and the Blue team pretty much live there, and rarely show up at TQ to run on the rug.

Just a reminder...
The ROAR Region 12 indoor regional race is at TQ on Jan15 2012.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Of course I'm down.
Have talked to the Norcal guys and have raced at Norcal a few times already.
Killer crew up there.
But if you want Rick to show up you better include WCRC, he and the Blue team pretty much live there, and rarely show up at TQ to run on the rug.

Just a reminder...
The ROAR Region 12 indoor regional race is at TQ on Jan15 2012.
Yea it's awesome here but what is WCRC?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Yea it's awesome here but what is WCRC?
West Coast RC Raceway, La Mirada CA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.