Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
This looks like a good option for an update

http://www.teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/629/
This is what has been chasing you around TQ's track Dave.........

http://trackstarrc.com/trackstar/ind...product_id=379
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-fantom-5400-65c-1s-3.7v-bullet.jpg  
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't realize they were available yet.
But I'm sure they will be good, the previous vers 4600 was underrated.
They were the 1st out. They had them air shiped in so we had them for the race.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
They were the 1st out. They had them air shiped in so we had them for the race.
Any idea when they will be ROAR approved ?
I didn't see them on the list.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Any idea when they will be ROAR approved ?
I didn't see them on the list.
To the best of my knowledge they already are. If not now by the 1st of the year.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pic of wiring

A little help if one of you does not mind.
Someone with a 4pks that can show me a pic of the wiring on your 12 scale
please?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Battery

check out Thunder Powers 5400/65c.
works great in my 13.5 boosted
Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Yokomo 12R5.1 Wheel Hub Set's

Hello Everyone,

I would like to inquire if anyone has ordered any of the Yokomo 12R5.1 Wheel Hub Set's, Part No. SP-4608S for there 12R5.1.

If so .......... would you kindly provide me with the appropriate On-Line Hobby Shops that you have used in the past that would be willing to sell in the US.

Pictured Yokomo SP4608S Set

Please feel free to reply back via pm ............ Thank You All Again!!!

Alex

Last edited by Alex C; 12-21-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Hello Everyone,

I would like to inquire if anyone has ordered any of the Yokomo 12R5.1 Wheel Hub Set's, Part No. SP-4608S for there 12R5.1.

If so .......... would you kindly provide me with the appropriate On-Line Hobby Shops that you have used in the past that would be willing to sell in the US.

Pictured Yokomo SP4608S Set

Please feel free to reply back via pm ............ Thank You All Again!!!

Alex
You might be disappointed to know that you have to run the Yokomo wheels with their hubs. Also that you will need their arbor for your tire truer.

(I wanted their wheels to be different but after looking into the conversion I might as well just get a Yok car.....)
Old 12-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I have 2 12R5s with the same problem (one is a 5.1, the other is a standard R5). If I give them too much throttle at any time, whether sitting still, coming out of a corner or already running down a straight-away, they dart off in one direction (usually hitting a wall ). If I go easy on the throttle while picking up to speed, they drive straight. Both of these cars run on 2S so they have quite a bit of power although they are running 27t brushed motors. I have a 3rd 125.1 that doesn't have this problem, however, it isn't as quite fast as the other cars and runs a Tekin on 1S so power comes on very smooth. I can punch the throttle in this car whether it is sitting still or coming around a corner and it drives straight without darting off to either direction. The other 2 cars are very sensitive to any throttle changes so I have to be very easy on the trigger or they just dart off in one direction or the other.

I have rebuilt the diffs in all 3 cars with ceramic bearings and shcumacer grease so they are all very smooth without any slipping. All 3 cars diff's feel the same. I have checked the bearings, tried different tires, set them up on a tweak station, etc but the 2 brushed cars always seem to have this problem. Any ideas of what might be causing this or things I should check over? Is it just too much power coming on at once from the 2S setups? I have to be so gentle on the throttle with these two cars or they drive themselves right into a wall
Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funky
I have 2 12R5s with the same problem (one is a 5.1, the other is a standard R5). If I give them too much throttle at any time, whether sitting still, coming out of a corner or already running down a straight-away, they dart off in one direction (usually hitting a wall ). If I go easy on the throttle while picking up to speed, they drive straight. Both of these cars run on 2S so they have quite a bit of power although they are running 27t brushed motors. I have a 3rd 125.1 that doesn't have this problem, however, it isn't as quite fast as the other cars and runs a Tekin on 1S so power comes on very smooth. I can punch the throttle in this car whether it is sitting still or coming around a corner and it drives straight without darting off to either direction. The other 2 cars are very sensitive to any throttle changes so I have to be very easy on the trigger or they just dart off in one direction or the other.

I have rebuilt the diffs in all 3 cars with ceramic bearings and shcumacer grease so they are all very smooth without any slipping. All 3 cars diff's feel the same. I have checked the bearings, tried different tires, set them up on a tweak station, etc but the 2 brushed cars always seem to have this problem. Any ideas of what might be causing this or things I should check over? Is it just too much power coming on at once from the 2S setups? I have to be so gentle on the throttle with these two cars or they drive themselves right into a wall
Could you post pics of your 2s setups.

With 1s mod at the Nor Cal Nats this year we had no issues with traction.

At our local club in Camarillo where traction is low to medium, a 17.5 boosted 1s gives the same laptime as 13.5 boosted.
Traction with 12th scale plays a large part to how much power they can handle.
12th scale is more about corner speed than acceleration.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spur gear

I have a 12r5 and for some reason the spur gear is so hard to spin while the thrust cone is tight enough to not slip, but my bros car and the other 2 we race with for some reason theirs is no where as hard to spin as mine any ideas?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
You might be disappointed to know that you have to run the Yokomo wheels with their hubs. Also that you will need their arbor for your tire truer.

(I wanted their wheels to be different but after looking into the conversion I might as well just get a Yok car.....)
Jimmy,

Thank You kindly for the reply, although I should probably clarify the request for information.

I typicaly use CRC Tires on my 1/12 Scale which places my overall wheel width to 172mm without any shims, I am mearly trying to use these different offset Hubs to achieve a range of hopefully (168 - 172mm).

Now it is my understanding the wheel pattern or in better words the Rear Tire Bolt pattern from either wheel Mfr. (CRC, Jaco, Yokomo, Parma) are all the same except for the offset of wheel depth.

Kind Regards!!!

Alex

Last edited by Alex C; 12-29-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex C
Jimmy,

Thank You kindly for the reply, although I should probrably clarify the request for information.

I typicaly use CRC Tires on my 1/12 Scale which places my overall wheel width to 172mm without any shims, I am mearly trying use these different offset Hubs to achieve a range of hopefully (168 - 172mm).

Now it is my understanding the wheel pattern or in better words the Rear Tire Bolt pattern from either wheel Mfr. (CRC, Jaco, Yokomo, Parma) are all the same except for the offset of wheel depth.

Kind Regards!!!

Alex
The Yokomo hubs will make the car even wider.

The only solution to try and narrow the car would be to machine a little off the bearing surface by the diff ring and do the same on the clamp hub. I hope that makes sense.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Could you post pics of your 2s setups.

With 1s mod at the Nor Cal Nats this year we had no issues with traction.

At our local club in Camarillo where traction is low to medium, a 17.5 boosted 1s gives the same laptime as 13.5 boosted.
Traction with 12th scale plays a large part to how much power they can handle.
12th scale is more about corner speed than acceleration.
Here are some pics of the 3 cars. The brushless car is running a 13.5t motor. I have only run it twice since getting it together and I haven't tried any boost/turbo yet on this setup. It runs a 1S 5300 SMC pack with 76t spur and 38t pinion. The other 2S cars run various RX packs from my helis. These range from 1300mah to 3600mah. I velcro them in since I use 5 different packs for these 2 cars but the batteries do not interfere with the side links (although I have to use 2 layers of velcro on the 3600 to space it up high enough so it doesn't interfere). The packs range in weight from 77g for the lightest pack to 153g for the 3600 with a few in-between (compared to 143g for my 1S pack). I don't add any weight to the cars which could be part of my problem. They have the same problem darting off to one side while giving throttle with all 2S packs whether it is the lightest/smallest 1300 or the largest/heaviest 3600. I had to space out the servo saver on the brushless car to keep the links from rubbing the servo. The other servos are 2-side taped on the cars although they feel very solid and have beeen mounted/run for a few months without coming loose. The brushless car is running a 9650, the R5 has a JR Z3550 and the other 5.1 has a JR3400. The cars are all balanced left-to-right when checked on balancing pins and don't show any tweak problems on my MIP tweak station.

Any help/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more details about the cars, please ask. I have lots of spare parts for nearly every piece on the car so if there is anything I should check/change/replace please give me some ideas. There are no other 1/12 scale cars at our track except for mine so there are no rules/regulations which is why I have some weird setups I have the 2 brushed cars setup on identical DX3S remotes to try and get some of the other guys involved in 1/12 scale but when they drive my cars, they usually hit the walls pretty quick since they are not used to feathering the throttle to keep them going straight. I thought the darting to one side was normal since the cars are light and 2WD until I got the brushless car on the track and it runs awesome without this problem. I can get them all around the track pretty quick, but I have to really work the throttle on the brushed cars and be very carefull not to give too much throttle at any time to keep them going in a straight line.

Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-r5-1.jpg   Associated RC12R5-r5-2.jpg   Associated RC12R5-r5-3.jpg  

Last edited by Funky; 12-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.