R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #391
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post

Because there have been so many Diablo Bodies??? I can name 2. And iv been around since the early 90's.. WAITING for one. One was the Kyosho Super Ten.. and the other an HPI. Neither of which would make a decent race body. I do have both here.

Sure, there Gallardo and Murci from HPI.. but theyre both horribly inaccurate.. and although im not too into the audighinis, I do like them.
I have both of these as well.

And credibility-- luckily for me, i wasnt looking for any.

Yah, i said they suck. To me, they do. I wouldnt make statments like that about you and your OPINIONS. Im just not into Ferrari. Ferruccio wasnt either and thats why we have what we have.

Do they suck like a pinto? No. But they still suck. When i think of ferrari, I think of an old man in a brown blazer and a monocle wiping it with a diaper, too afraid to drive it... or Tom Sellek- or his mustache, for that matter. Or Nick Cages line from gone in sixty seconds... "pretentious buttholes with too much BLOODY MONEY"... people buy ferrari's because they think theyre the best there is. They want people to know they have a Ferrari... thats why the Crest is so big on the side of a 360.. "FERRARI" rraarrrrr (to fat too furious).... gay.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yImkiUOe0FQ
Besides... Tamyia makes Ferraris.. and at walmart,, you can get what you need to fill your ferrari urges.

And enzo... who designed that abortion. What an objectionable looking car. No flow, no grace.... 308 348 355...360, i will admit, are all pretty.. 430.. 550...great.... 595 all nice...but GEES.. the enzo is so ugly.

end rant. back to GT10

edit**
Oh and thats an enzo, an enzo gt, f50gt, and two different varients of the F40..

edit again***

I didnt see your post that names the cars...
I'm not going to disagree with your perceptions of some Ferrari owners but Lambo owners aren't a whole lot different. The biggest difference is that the Lambos have been more embraced by the hip hop generation that likes to put big ugly chrome rims on them. Today, many Ferrari owners still remain old and pretencious. However, given the opportunity to pick 10 cars to drive hard around a roadcourse there would be no less than 3 Ferraris on the list and not a single Lambo. Say what you will about Ferrari owners, or Enzo, they have made some of the most brilliant performance cars ever put on a road. No car enthusiast in the right mind would say a Diablo of any type is a better drivers car than an F40 or F50.

Lastly, because if the garish lines and nooks and cranies on most Lambos, creating an accurate RC shell will be a very difficult task and I doubt it'll ever happen.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #392
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regarding the Diablo bodies you have to be careful about the HPI version. The first one really wasn´t good but HPI released another version (Diablo GTR) what is one of the best GT bodies I ever tried. A lot of downforce front and rear and good balance. But I have to say I tried this with touring cars and not with pancars as I never had a 200mm pancar.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #393
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.
Ike,
I too think this one will be dialed. We may be in luck...

Beav
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #394
Tech Addict

Any news on how the Hamilton race went?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #395
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis353 View Post
Ike,
I too think this one will be dialed. We may be in luck...

Beav
Get me an early prototype! I just ordered up a HPI Supra GT and a Gallardo to test once I get my car. I was also close to pulling the trigger on a Toyota MRs and the 350Z GT, but I'll start with the the two and see what's being developed with 200mm pancars in mind. I could care less about the C6R so hopefully they have some more exciting bodies in mind. What's the chatter about what motor and batt combo we're going to try and build the class with? Lipo/17.5 would be nice to see or 10.5 4-cell.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm not going to disagree with your perceptions of some Ferrari owners but Lambo owners aren't a whole lot different. The biggest difference is that the Lambos have been more embraced by the hip hop generation that likes to put big ugly chrome rims on them. Today, many Ferrari owners still remain old and pretencious. However, given the opportunity to pick 10 cars to drive hard around a roadcourse there would be no less than 3 Ferraris on the list and not a single Lambo. Say what you will about Ferrari owners, or Enzo, they have made some of the most brilliant performance cars ever put on a road. No car enthusiast in the right mind would say a Diablo of any type is a better drivers car than an F40 or F50.

Lastly, because if the garish lines and nooks and cranies on most Lambos, creating an accurate RC shell will be a very difficult task and I doubt it'll ever happen.
well said.

Yeah.. the hip hop gen.. and DUBS... yah.. i know. But for what its worth, the 99Vt, Vt roadster, and 2001 6.0 thankfully, were before that gen. The murci and Gay-ardo always have the 22's on them and well.. thats not for me.

I dont dislike ferrari's... im just sick of people saying theyre the hottest cars out there. And yes, from what they say.. the performance is spectacular.. Truth be told, I love the 599 although it sort of looks like a vette... but anyway... The diablo 6.0 in my eyes is ART... and if a more accurate body could be made, i would run it exclusively.

and making the bodies.. yes. I know. Difficult at best. But it can be done..

I just went to HPIs site and theyre GT body looks great from the rear bumper until you get to the front wheel... then it just falls apart... perhaps a backpour/ re work would make that body shine...

KB
Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #397
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

There is a definite groundswell of support for this class but I think that with there being a GT type class for 4wd TCs being developed, I think that it would do the World GT/GT10 class very well to work with the Trans-Am GT class that is being developed instead of feeling like the two are or should be competing for racers. I think that the two can work well together and everyone will win in the end
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #398
Tech Regular

Quote:
Get me an early prototype! I just ordered up a HPI Supra GT and a Gallardo to test once I get my car. I was also close to pulling the trigger on a Toyota MRs and the 350Z GT, but I'll start with the the two and see what's being developed with 200mm pancars in mind. I could care less about the C6R so hopefully they have some more exciting bodies in mind. What's the chatter about what motor and batt combo we're going to try and build the class with? Lipo/17.5 would be nice to see or 10.5 4-cell.
hey pete...

give me a call, we'll chat.

JJ
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #399
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Ok so we have the CRC, BMI and Speedmerchant on the market. Any news of others?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #400
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
yeah, I heard AE was pulling out all the old 10Ls they had in mothballs, dusting them off, doubling the price, and pawning them off as new

just kidding
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #401
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
The Darkside I-Force is also currently available.

-Eric
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #402
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought my Gen X 10 and I cant wait to run it outside at Fastcats.

I hope I will see some of you there.

I believe Fastcats still has three in stock.
Sponsored by Serpent / SRX2 MM, RM, SC / Serpent SRX4
MoFo paints
energyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #403
Tech Elite

WOuldnt it be fun once World GT/GT10 gets really rolling to have VTA and Trans AM GT (for 190mm TCs) get together for a weekend of fun and good racing? I meam VTA already has its own nationals but what isnt to say that Trans AM GT and GT10/World GT cant have that kind of growth and have events like that?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I personally would think it would be great. Which is why I was so interested in the IIC having the World GT as one of its classes.

I think the only real difference with the two class (and yes I run both) is that for most people you have to purchase a 200mm pan car and there are a TON of older Touring Cars out there that just need tires and a body.

The Vintage Trans-Am is making for very close racing, with limited power and grip. I see World GT having a step up in motor and power. But I also don't think you want to duplicate what is being done by another class.

If this is to really work, it should be a car that the re-surgence of 1/12 scale has provided would be interested in. I personally like 1/12 scale on the carpet and 1/10 pan car out side keeping the 4wd for the nitro touring and 1/8 scale gas. But that is just my thoughts. Our pavement tracks are not permanent but run in parking lots, so the 1/12 scale really get beat up outside. To make it work really here, we need to make it as fast as the current touring cars and easy for all level of racers to compete. It must have a great choice of bodies (as the Trans-Am is seeing right now) to get the hobbiest drawn in, and not just the racers.

Now if I were to work on putting on a major race, I'd tie it in with a full size car race like the Daytona 24 hours or 12 hours of Sebring and use the similar cars / bodies help draw the racers to it. It also gives you a potential crowd to draw new racers. I am alwasy suprised at how many NASCAR racers are into Oval RC stuff, heck one even owns a company!!

Sorry about the long post, no racing till Sunday and all the stuff is already packed!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #405
Tech Elite

No worries bro. I think that would be a fine idea having an event during one of the major endurance races. We have teh Rolex 24, the Sebring 12 Hours and even the Petit LeMans to consider (the first two are already run so if it was tied in with one of those there is a whole year to put it together)