R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #376
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
are the setups from car to car fairly the same? like spring rates and such? i'm looking for setup info on front springs, shock spring, tweak springs, damper tube lube, and ride height. setups from smooth asphalt and carpet are welcome.
I was talking with bruce from Speed Merchant and we are both running fairly similar setups on our cars. I think you will find it to be alot like 1/12th as to where alot of the cars run similar setups.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
WOW, That would be sweet to see. Where in the world is dale epp.
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED... LMAO..

I have been BEGGING Dale for this body for YEARS.

I actually, a few years ago started a thread trying to get the 1.12th scales to develop a similar class.. and I wanted this body.

1/10th even better.. I will run the GenX if this body makes it to the market.

I might even consider the Murci GT.

But it is my opinion that this world is just too void of Lamborghini. Everything is Ferrari... Ferrari Sux. Lamborghini is where its at. Go in walmart and you can get a F430 RC car... or a diecast of a dozen ferraris... but Lambo... hardly anything.. since the Countach, I havnt seen a Lamborghini plastic model worth building... (i have a 1/12th Otaki Countach kit NIB too)

I have a few of the super rare Kyosho Lamborghini Diablo superscales that never made it to the US.. (around 1991).. i have a few NIP bodies I was actually going to back pour and make more accurate... i think these cars are closer to 1/9th scale..

See Dale,, im not the only one
Old 04-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Im curious as to what he has planned to follow the Corvette...Viper maybe...I would not mind seeing Protoform try that Lamborghini
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #379
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Being that 235mm is not a legit class anymore, no one is really making them. They are all 200mm.
my point was simply that not only are people still making them, but 3 manufacturers are going out of their way to make them available, and to say anything contrary is a bit misleading.. now a statement such as it's the consensus among manufacturers that 200mm has a better chance as a viable class given the need to run indoors AND out, that I'd agree with.. perhaps this is an argument of semantics, but i just want to see the facts available.. just a side note, comments like
Quote:
If you want to run 235mm in a parking lot somewhere with some friends, thats cool.
is a bit condescending. rugs are for bedrooms and hallways, asphalt is for onroad..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #380
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
But it is my opinion that this world is just too void of Lamborghini. Everything is Ferrari... Ferrari Sux. Lamborghini is where its at. Go in walmart and you can get a F430 RC car... or a diecast of a dozen ferraris... but Lambo... hardly anything.. since the Countach, I havnt seen a Lamborghini plastic model worth building... (i have a 1/12th Otaki Countach kit NIB too)

See Dale,, im not the only one
i work in boca raton and you'd think lambo's were dispensed from coke machines i see so many of them... they practically use bentleys for taxis down here....

Old 04-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #381
Tech Master

Lucky for dale, I have over 1000 different photos of different Lamborghinis... and would be one hell of a consultant on the project

He knows where i live

KB
Old 04-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #382
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
my point was simply that not only are people still making them, but 3 manufacturers are going out of their way to make them available, and to say anything contrary is a bit misleading.. now a statement such as it's the consensus among manufacturers that 200mm has a better chance as a viable class given the need to run indoors AND out, that I'd agree with.. perhaps this is an argument of semantics, but i just want to see the facts available.. just a side note, comments like
is a bit condescending. rugs are for bedrooms and hallways, asphalt is for onroad..
Running in a parking lot was being referred to as playing with them in a parking lot, not racing them. The point being made was there are limited places that will run the 235mm cars. Most companies are not focusing on the 235mm class right now. We want to put all of our emphasis on the best 200mm pan car that we can being that this is what we were developing. I do not want to have 1 car that does all because it will not do all very well. I can make a 235mm conversion and the car will work fine. If i made a specific 235mm car it would be better. I just dont see the point.

Im not knocking asphalt racing in any way. Im here in florida also and run pretty much all asphalt. I am just trying to get my point across. There just seems to be alot of focus on if the car can be converted to 235mm and there really shouldnt be. It would be like worrying if your electric TC can run at 200mm when the class is 190mm.
J Concepts
Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #383
Tech Master

Quote:
i work in boca raton and you'd think lambo's were dispensed from coke machines i see so many of them... they practically use bentleys for taxis down here....
haha.. right on..

I sort of meant in the world of diecast and models...

Since Audi took over, they have upped production a ton.... but in Buffalo Ny i can count on one hand how many Lamborghinis I have seen on the road.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #384
Tech Elite

i can certainly appreciate all of that especially the bit about one car not working as both a 200 and 235. heck i also agree with the fact that given the dimensions of the vast majority of tracks 200mm is probably the way to go.. my point was simply, it appears to me there are a lot of folks inquiring about 235mm or atleast wide cars and their lack of availability is more perception than fact.. i just want to see folks racing pan cars again wide or narrow and whichever way the trend goes i'm on board and likely with your car if it is indeed narrow..

Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #385
Tech Elite

i literally see no less than one a day, not including the green one across the street from my job.. i even saw a mosler the other day..

Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #386
Tech Lord

Quote:
i can certainly appreciate all of that especially the bit about one car not working as both a 200 and 235. heck i also agree with the fact that given the dimensions of the vast majority of tracks 200mm is probably the way to go.. my point was simply, it appears to me there are a lot of folks inquiring about 235mm or atleast wide cars and their lack of availability is more perception than fact.. i just want to see folks racing pan cars again wide or narrow and whichever way the trend goes i'm on board and likely with your car if it is indeed narrow..
I see your point. I dont think 235mm will go away. It has been around for a long time. This is a hobby and people will personalize the cars they buy. Some will make there own 235mm kits, manufacturers can make 235mm kits and so on. Look at 1/8th buggy going electric. It is cool to see hobbyists going and making stuff like this. 235mm does have its followers who will keep at it and that is cool. I may offer it eventually but for now i want to concentrate on what the initial intensions were.
J Concepts
Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 AM   #387
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Im curious as to what he has planned to follow the Corvette...Viper maybe...I would not mind seeing Protoform try that Lamborghini
I can think of dozens of cars that I'd rather see turned into an RC shell over another Diablo. This would be a nice one to see from the 90's...

http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/com...LM%20front.jpg

I'd also like to see a Aston Martin DB9, Ascari A10, Maseratti MC12, Ferrari F40, and a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. Lastly, if someone wants to do another Lambo, I'd absolutely love to see a Miura. I love Lambos but the second you say "Ferrari sux" you lose all credibility with me. The only thing that "sux" about Ferrari is that I'll never own one of the cars in the photo. Big bonus points to anyone that can name the exact models
Attached Thumbnails
GT10 Class-ferrari.jpg  
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #388
Tech Addict

Just off the top of my just awoken head (and I'm not a Ferrari buff either) I'll go with the following:

Enzo, F40, F50 GT1, 288 GTO Evoluzione, I guess the other one is an FXX?

Am I close?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 AM   #389
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Just off the top of my just awoken head (and I'm not a Ferrari buff either) I'll go with the following:

Enzo, F40, F50 GT1, 288 GTO Evoluzione, I guess the other one is an FXX?

Am I close?

Yes, that's one of 3 F50 GT1's... My god I'd love to drive one. The only one you missed is the F40, that's one of the 17 LM versions that were built. For good measure I believe the cars in the background are Lancia Stratos, Delta S4, and 037.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #390
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
I can think of dozens of cars that I'd rather see turned into an RC shell over another Diablo. This would be a nice one to see from the 90's...

http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/com...LM%20front.jpg

I'd also like to see a Aston Martin DB9, Ascari A10, Maseratti MC12, Ferrari F40, and a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. Lastly, if someone wants to do another Lambo, I'd absolutely love to see a Miura. I love Lambos but the second you say "Ferrari sux" you lose all credibility with me. The only thing that "sux" about Ferrari is that I'll never own one of the cars in the photo. Big bonus points to anyone that can name the exact models

Because there have been so many Diablo Bodies??? I can name 2. And iv been around since the early 90's.. WAITING for one. One was the Kyosho Super Ten.. and the other an HPI. Neither of which would make a decent race body. I do have both here.

Sure, there Gallardo and Murci from HPI.. but theyre both horribly inaccurate.. and although im not too into the audighinis, I do like them.
I have both of these as well.

And credibility-- luckily for me, i wasnt looking for any.

Yah, i said they suck. To me, they do. I wouldnt make statments like that about you and your OPINIONS. Im just not into Ferrari. Ferruccio wasnt either and thats why we have what we have.

Do they suck like a pinto? No. But they still suck. When i think of ferrari, I think of an old man in a brown blazer and a monocle wiping it with a diaper, too afraid to drive it... or Tom Sellek- or his mustache, for that matter. Or Nick Cages line from gone in sixty seconds... "pretentious buttholes with too much BLOODY MONEY"... people buy ferrari's because they think theyre the best there is. They want people to know they have a Ferrari... thats why the Crest is so big on the side of a 360.. "FERRARI" rraarrrrr (to fat too furious).... gay.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yImkiUOe0FQ
Besides... Tamyia makes Ferraris.. and at walmart,, you can get what you need to fill your ferrari urges.

And enzo... who designed that abortion. What an objectionable looking car. No flow, no grace.... 308 348 355...360, i will admit, are all pretty.. 430.. 550...great.... 595 all nice...but GEES.. the enzo is so ugly.

end rant. back to GT10

edit**
Oh and thats an enzo, an enzo gt, f50gt, and two different varients of the F40..

edit again***

I didnt see your post that names the cars...

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 04-27-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote