R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #361
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey GM...what re you racing in Kingston? I am planning on being there as well...1/12 and mod foam. Asked Bob if he would put in a pro10 class but never heard back from him
Rockin Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #362
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll be running 12th scale. I hope to see you there.
I'm almost tempted to bring my 10L3t down anyway and see if they'll let me throw it on the track between heats If there are any).
Old 04-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #363
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA View Post
We don't have a 10th scale onroad pan car class in this area but I've been tossing around the idea of buying one to run and show people how fun it is... trying to get things started here. I've seen and quietly followed the Pro10 thread during this "rebirth" then noticed this GT10 thread and thought this was the place for the 200mm class being proposed since Pro10 was technically 235mm in IFMAR eyes? no? Anyway, now I hear "world GT" as well and hear a lot of talk in this GT10 thread about 235mm cars. Its all a bit confusing.

It will be hard for me to buy a car, take it to the track, and promote a class that is so "up in the air" right now. If I tell the locals to go check out RCTech's GT10 thread and everything has been changed to World GT, or Pro10, or 235mm... it'll only be confusing for them and really poses a significant hurdle in getting the class off the ground (at least for me and my area).

I can only hope things are ironed out soon as I'm really excited to try and get this class started locally. By "class" I mean 200mm with GT bodies.
The general consensus here is that 200mm with GT bodies is and will be the way to go. GT10 (or the official name "World GT") is for those type of cars. Pro10 is the designated nomenclature for the 235mm cars and will remain such to allow for a needed distinction and allow for tracks to be able to work with both camps
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #364
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The pro 10 thread was started for the 200mm pan cars before there was a designated name for the class. This thread was started due to the group of 3 or 4 that got offended being that 235mm pan cars were called pro 10.

Being that 235mm is not a legit class anymore, no one is really making them. They are all 200mm. CRC offers a conversion and corally has a wide car if people want to experiment but there is no plans that i have heard of for bringing 235mm back. It will always be an option for some guys but i highly doubt it will ever be seen as an actual class at the majority of tracks. You can say or feel as you would like but this is just the way most of the industry feels on this matter.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #365
JKA
Tech Master

Thanks guys.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #366
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA View Post
Thanks guys.
No worries mate. BTW Rockin Johnny that is a nice looking TVR. How does it handle?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #367
Tech Rookie

How about posting photos of your 200mm Pro10 bodies it would be nice to see whats being used.

Thanks Gorden
Gorden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #368
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
No worries mate. BTW Rockin Johnny that is a nice looking TVR. How does it handle?
Thanks.

Dont know how it handles as I haven't had it out yet. If I get the steering links fixed up today and some diff lube, I may take it out tomorrow and see how it goes on some asphalt by my house. I am hoping that the proposed Pro10 class at Fast Cats goes and that the class is included in their big summer events.
Rockin Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #369
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
the i-force is adjustable width, but all parts are included i believe. it will go out to 224mm rear and 212 front, but don't quote me..
Yes those are about the limits on how far the chassis can be "spread out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Team CRC - Well put posting. I've run pan cars .... for well longer than I should ... but I have both 235mm and 200mm cars. Running on the carpet tracks that were/are set up for 1/12 or 1/10 scale 190mm touring cars, the 200mm is the way to go. I've tried the 235 and yes it works and is fast, but the 200 works better (fun to play on a 7200sf carpet track...carpet worked well for our first season) but outside on pavement the extra width helps keep the car planted, and once on a 200 x 100 track (same club, as we think BIG) the cars with lipo and brushless, are way fun.

Based on the surface, size of the track and the driver one car or the other may be the best option. I know that the CRC is already set to go to either and I have been working with Darkside on doing something similar. If you've seen his oval cars, adjustablity is it's trademark.

Just my 2 cents

To the group in Canada ..... Have a great time and POST PICTURES!!
I've learned in the nearly 12 years I've been designing chassis that there are often several set-ups on the same chassis that will work. I try to make cars that will adapt to a wide variety of surfaces and track configurations right out of the box.

-Eric
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com

Last edited by THE DARKSIDE; 04-26-2008 at 09:48 AM.
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm still trying to understand the "nobody is making wide cars" idea.. near as i can tell there are 3 (darkside, corally, and crc), and there are 4 narrow (bmi, crc, darkside, speedmerchant). hardly a disparity.. and this doesn't include the Powell racing components chassis kit which takes a myriad of oval or narrow pan cars plus an axle kit to make a wide car..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #371
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm still trying to understand the "nobody is making wide cars" idea.. near as i can tell there are 3 (darkside, corally, and crc), and there are 4 narrow (bmi, crc, darkside, speedmerchant). hardly a disparity.. and this doesn't include the Powell racing components chassis kit which takes a myriad of oval or narrow pan cars plus an axle kit to make a wide car..

the CRC is a narrow car and they are making a wide conversion, the Darkside is a narrow car that can be widened, and the Corally is kinda middle of the road at 220mm but Im guessing is the only one you could call a dedicated wide chassis. I think there is a place for the wide cars but I think that people are getting at the fact that nobody is manufacturing a 235mm car anymore since 235mm is considered to be width for a wide 10th pan chassis.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #372
Tech Lord

Quote:
CRC and darkside both are 200mm with the option of going wide and Corally is out in left field. There are companies like AE and tamiya that are expected to jump in on the 200mm class also. As i said, Companies can make what they like. 200mm is the only class that is being looked at right now for making a comeback. You will find them at races such as IIC,indoor champs and i wouldnt be surprised to see them at Snowbirds in 200mm form only. You will not see 235mm car as a class at any of these races. If you want to run 235mm in a parking lot somewhere with some friends, thats cool. That option will be available from CRC, Darkside and Corally or whoever wants to do a conversion. Its not hard and any car can easily be made 235mm. Maybe you will see more someday but for now, most of us are not concerned with it. It will take 2 hubs and a front end adapter plate to make it 235mm. That is about 40 bucks to convert any car to 235mm. Not a big deal and not something to get all bent over. Nor is this a huge selling point either.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 04-26-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #373
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK i have been lurking a bit here. This GT10 is what i have said there should be for years. 200mm GT cars... RWD... ect.. running exotic car REAL looking bodies.

NOW-- who is going to be the first to make this body. (Please dont say HPI because it just isnt close).. I think 2008/09 will be quite fun.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

are the setups from car to car fairly the same? like spring rates and such? i'm looking for setup info on front springs, shock spring, tweak springs, damper tube lube, and ride height. setups from smooth asphalt and carpet are welcome.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #375
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
OK i have been lurking a bit here. This GT10 is what i have said there should be for years. 200mm GT cars... RWD... ect.. running exotic car REAL looking bodies.

NOW-- who is going to be the first to make this body. (Please dont say HPI because it just isnt close).. I think 2008/09 will be quite fun.
WOW, That would be sweet to see. Where in the world is dale epp.
J Concepts