R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #346
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
the i-force is adjustable width, but all parts are included i believe. it will go out to 224mm rear and 212 front, but don't quote me..
I just got an I-Force and I know you could shim out the rear quite a ways (don't know exactly how much)... the front is also adjustable but mine is adjusted as wide as it will go and I'm pretty much right on 200mm. You might be able to get it a little over 200 but 212 is a bit much from what I can see. But sounds like some have gotten that wide so I must be misssing something.

Ran our first GT10 class last nightin Omaha with 4 cell/13.5. 4 cars and it went pretty well. Couple more cars on the way.. BMI was being built last night and another Darkside is on its way. We'll see if it continues to grow after that... I hope so! Here's a couple pics of my Darkside Lotus......can't really see it in the pics but it is a copper to green chamelion type paint.
Attached Thumbnails
GT10 Class-p1010001.jpg   GT10 Class-p1010002.jpg   GT10 Class-p1010003.jpg   GT10 Class-p1010009.jpg   GT10 Class-p1010011.jpg  

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #347
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
You all should be building your Gen-X 10's this time next week.

John and Tom Firsching from CRC will be running the Gen-X 10's in Canada. They are planning to concentrate on running the stick pack Lipo with brushless motors as we speculate that this will become the most popular configuration of this class in the future. With the 7.4 pack on an outdoor asphalt track, the cars should be a real ball to run. I do hope the 1/8 cars give room on the backstraight.
Even with the old skewl 10th scale pan and a 19T we were eating the nitro cars up in Vancouver during practice. I can't imagine what a cutting edge Gen X 10 with a 10.5 brushless is gonna be like. We're pumped in Victoria for the Gen X 10 (although some others may be experiencing fright ;P)

You might want to invest in some extra medical insurance this year Mick because "The Hurt" is coming....

maybe I should get a body if I want to produce some hurt.... note to self....
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #348
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Looking like 20+ Pro10 cars of all varieties at IROCC once the order arrives (22 my last count)! Nice that old and new can come together and be competitive.

Are there any current Pro10 cars coming to market that are fixed width or do not have conversion capability or kits?
Right now most of us are trying to concentrate on releasing the car as a 200mm car. We dont want to offer a 235 because it will take away from the class we are trying to get get going. Any of the cars can easily be made a 235mm kit with a front end spacer plate and longer hubs. We are just looking to concentrate and help get 200mm off of the ground. 235mm can always be an option but for the time being, most of us are trying to help the 200mm class happen.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #349
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Are there any current Pro10 cars coming to market that are fixed width or do not have conversion capability or kits?
Just as Jason said, most manufacturer's are keeping it at the 200mm mark. I know the Speedmerchant Formula Pro-10 as well as the Speed Spec II are 200mm.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #350
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have spoken to body manufacturers and all their efforts are focusing on 200mm bodies.

We are also aware of 3 major US races looking to run 200mm World GT classes at their event. One of them has already committed to run the class.

A lot more info about these races and the World GT rules will be posted in ~1 week.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #351
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In our opinion, for indoor racing, 1:12th cars are the way to go. However, for those who like the shorter races with the larger cars, the 200 mm 1/10th Pro-10 cars are a great alternative. Sports car bodies will look great and work reasonably well on the carpet.

However, for outdoor racing on asphalt, the 235 mm is the way to go and has been the accepted standard in the past. For asphalt, the GTP/LMP body style will be the best choice. This body will allow the cars to hook up better on the pavement which typically provides less grip than carpet. For this outdoor racing on larger tracks, we feel the batteries of the future (Li-po and Li-mag) are the way to go with 7.4 volts. In Europe, Canada and parts of the US, this type of asphalt racing still has a good following.

There are body choices for 235 mm class with the Protoform 905B and some of the 1/10th 235 Nitro bodies. CRC is also working on a contemporary 235 mm LMP body for this class.

In addition to the 235 mm Gen-X 10, the Corally Pro-10 car is only available in wide format. Also, I understand that Corally has commissioned Protoform to re-make the 905B body under the Corally brand. So while many on these boards are attempting to squash the idea of running these in 235 format, for those of you who enjoy the 235 class, there will be more options in the future.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #352
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For our local club (IROCC) in this somewhat transitional year (Battrys and motor technologies) our prime directive is to have a 1/10 pan car class regardless of width.

As there are a number of legacy chassis floating around we felt it important to include them in the class. The last thing we wanted to do is fragment a reemerging class by throwing too many obstacles in the way. As mentioned by others, this should give us consistent weekly number in excess of 18 cars.

We are allowing NiMh, LiPo, or any other flavor of Lithium currently on the market limited to, if I recall 5000mah and under. Also we are running 19T brushed and 10.5 Brushless together. Body style is whatever you want that is close to ROAR's specs.

We have even broken our points season into two; the first half will be a group learning session where all data collected from race days will be shared amongst everyone thus allowing us all to benefit from each other's experiments and experiences. Once we are all on the same page, then in the latter half of the season, we'll do a new points season and see which the chassis/battery/motor/body comes out on top.

We are a very lucky club in that we have 30+ racers weekly and no less than two distributors amongst us, both which have extensive knowledge of their respective product lines and are more than helpful when it comes to recommending products and both do a lot of R&D which is not a cheap endeavor both financially or in terms of time.

Wish us luck and we'll keep everyone here in the loop

Mick
DekelzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #353
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
In addition to the 235 mm Gen-X 10, the Corally Pro-10 car is only available in wide format. Also, I understand that Corally has commissioned Protoform to re-make the 905B body under the Corally brand. So while many on these boards are attempting to squash the idea of running these in 235 format, for those of you who enjoy the 235 class, there will be more options in the future.
The Corally 10X out of the box is 235 mm format but there are inner mounting holes to narrow the front and the F1 hubs swap right over for the rear. Looking forward to all versions out on the track together! Each have their performance advantages and disadvantages and from a club-level perspective, it's all good for nose-to tail fun! BTW, together with Corally we had the first post-production run of the Peugeot body produced and are working on a second run.

See you at the races!
Phil
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #354
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No one is trying to "squash" 235 mm frank, We are clearly stating that we are not concentrating on it. As i said, i can release a 235mm conversion tommorow if i want. I am not worried about it at this time. I want to keep a forward direction in supporting an actual class that is actually legit. A 235 class for the small group that are looking is cool. The people have been doing it for years and will keep on doing it.

200mm will be run indoors and outdoors. There is no need to push the 1/10ths to only be run outdoors. They will be at alot of the big races this year in 200mm form,not 235mm. When 235mm seems to be of interest i may look into it. Until then i will not disrupt the growth of a class that has a ton of potential.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #355
JKA
Tech Master

We don't have a 10th scale onroad pan car class in this area but I've been tossing around the idea of buying one to run and show people how fun it is... trying to get things started here. I've seen and quietly followed the Pro10 thread during this "rebirth" then noticed this GT10 thread and thought this was the place for the 200mm class being proposed since Pro10 was technically 235mm in IFMAR eyes? no? Anyway, now I hear "world GT" as well and hear a lot of talk in this GT10 thread about 235mm cars. Its all a bit confusing.

It will be hard for me to buy a car, take it to the track, and promote a class that is so "up in the air" right now. If I tell the locals to go check out RCTech's GT10 thread and everything has been changed to World GT, or Pro10, or 235mm... it'll only be confusing for them and really poses a significant hurdle in getting the class off the ground (at least for me and my area).

I can only hope things are ironed out soon as I'm really excited to try and get this class started locally. By "class" I mean 200mm with GT bodies.

Last edited by JKA; 04-25-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: clarification
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Team CRC - Well put posting. I've run pan cars .... for well longer than I should ... but I have both 235mm and 200mm cars. Running on the carpet tracks that were/are set up for 1/12 or 1/10 scale 190mm touring cars, the 200mm is the way to go. I've tried the 235 and yes it works and is fast, but the 200 works better (fun to play on a 7200sf carpet track...carpet worked well for our first season) but outside on pavement the extra width helps keep the car planted, and once on a 200 x 100 track (same club, as we think BIG) the cars with lipo and brushless, are way fun.

Based on the surface, size of the track and the driver one car or the other may be the best option. I know that the CRC is already set to go to either and I have been working with Darkside on doing something similar. If you've seen his oval cars, adjustablity is it's trademark.

Just my 2 cents

To the group in Canada ..... Have a great time and POST PICTURES!!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #357
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Team CRC - Well put posting.
Thanks!

I will be watching closely to see what you and Eric (Darkside) come up with.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #358
Tech Apprentice

Here is the new HPI TVR Tuscan Speed 6 I painted up for my chassis.

Although the chassis is old school I can't wait to run this car. This is built on a RC10L3T widened to 200mm. Just need to finish the steering and away we go.

Rockin Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #359
Tech Adept

We'll be sure to get some photos in Hamilton this weekend. I'll have my digital camera trackside.

Here's the link to our website:

www.ontariooneeighth.com
GSwayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #360
Tech Addict

I'd love to head down to Hamilton this weekend but I'll be racing at Kingston instead - albeit not 10th scale pan cars.

We have a small group of interested Pro 10 racers here in Ottawa (6 or so but possibly more if interest in the class picks up), I've heard there is some interest at Fastcats in Toronto too. If there's any plans to hold an event in Ontario I'd be game for a road trip.

Edit: Question answered in post before mine so question removed.