R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #271
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Vipers and COrvettes and Supras (oh my) ........

ROFLMAO ...............

.........post of the day nominee
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #272
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I spaced the front track out to take steering out of the car (do the same on my 1/12 stuff as well). The HPI Corvette probably needs to be in the 196 to keep the tires from hitting the inside body. I do have the car faily soft in the rear sided to side to help get better grip outisde on a low grip track.

I understand the different rear tires have different offsets. So everything was set for that set of tires, and Corally, GRP, PArma, BSR, Jaco .... all have different offsets. I sometimes use this to tune oval cars.

Thanks for the quick relpy
If it works thats cool. There is just an order of suspension setting adjustments I always tried to keep to. Over the years I have seen that taking out steering in other ways generally yields a faster car.

From what you posted you may not have too much steering. It seems like you have too little rear traction. If you can get more rear grip you may need the steering to go faster.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #273
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
ROFLMAO ...............

.........post of the day nominee
Thanks RR40, that was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of all the possible bodies that could be seen in the GT10 class.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #274
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

So word is the first run of DB10Rs is hitting the FedEx trucks Friday
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #275
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yup, get your pre-orders in ASAP. They are going fast. You can call 352-544-0463 or email [email protected]. We will take you name and phone number and call you once the cars are available.

Stormer Hobbies is getting a bunch too so you can contract them to pre-order DB10R's.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=BMIDB1100

There is a link on that page that gets them to send you an email when the DB10R's get in stock.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #276
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
...EEeerrrr..... my palm's are getting sweaty.... Can't wait to get my hands on mine....
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #277
Tech Elite

Very sweet Adrian...well hopefully with the DB10R hitting people's doorsteps next week maybe we can start gauging people's interest in getting a class going finally.

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 04-16-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #278
Tech Champion

Quote:
Very sweet Adrian...well hopefully with the DB10R hitting people's doorsteps next week maybe we can start gauging people's interest in getting a class going finally.
We sent a Pre-Production DB10R to S&N Trackside in WI and they are running some very fast laps with it. Stephen Sobotka told us it was getting around VERY well. Lots of people were taking notice.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #279
Tech Elite

Well with the DB10R heading out today, the CRC heading out in the next couple weeks and the FOrmula Pro10 already out (I think) maybe we can start seeing some action here real soon. Anybody going to compile links to all the different cars that are already out again so folks can get to them real easy for orders?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #280
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ehlert

there should be some kind of a tire rule so the class dont get out of hand. also if it goes to big races there should be a tire handout rule. my 2 cents
Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #281
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlert View Post
there should be some kind of a tire rule so the class dont get out of hand. also if it goes to big races there should be a tire handout rule. my 2 cents
getting on a tire rule is kind of like a slippery slope
having a tire rule, or handouts, for big races is one thing
but even then it puts people at a disatvantage if they don't have easy access because their local track has no such rule or the local hobby shop doesn't stock them
but having tire rules in effect at smaller races just makes it harder on the guy trying to save a buck by mounting and truing his own
Old 04-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #282
Tech Champion

This class is coming together. Stay tuned for an announcement on rules for the "World GT Class" and the first major race to run the new class.

In the meantime check out the first specific World GT body, the Protoform C6-R Corvette. From what I understand Dale has modified the old C6-R body to fit and work better on 200mm pan cars.

From Pro-lineracing.com:

"One of the most interesting and exciting topics of the 2008 season is the emergence of an all-new on-road class - the 200mm pan car category that’s been coined the “WORLD GT” class. This class will feature GT style (front engine 2 door) coupes like the Viper and Aston Martin etc. PROTOform’s first launch is the all-conquering Corvette C6-R body. Made for the newly released 200mm pan car chassis that are starting to hit the market at this time. It’s detailed yet functional. Pulled in .030 lexan it comes with an aggressive “Gurney lipped” wing, decal sheet and wing hardware.

It’s going to be refreshing and fun to see this new class develop. PROTOform will be supporting the growth of this new World GT class with a couple of “purpose built” GT body styles in the near future.
Check out this new class – you’re sure to be impressed!"
Old 04-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #283
Tech Elite

That is one hot looking Corvette Adrian! This is going to be a fun class for sure.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Drop dead gorgeous! I'd hit it. Thanks Dale!!!!!
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #285
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Drop dead gorgeous! I'd hit it.

That's either a sign of being terribly desperate.........

.......or that you're addicted to RC.

- just funnin' pal