R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Toink View Post
Will this packs fit in T2'008? Which will be better, 4000 or 5000 in a T2'008 without modification?
Thanks in advance!

Toink
the 4000 will fit in the '08 w/o mods
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Mini Toink Send a message via Yahoo to Mini Toink Send a message via Skype™ to Mini Toink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
the 4000 will fit in the '08 w/o mods
Great! So the 5000 is a no hit?
Thanks for the info though

Toink

LRP : Orion : Sanwa (Airtronics) : Ko Propo : Spektrum
Mini Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #543
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Toink View Post
Great! So the 5000 is a no hit?
Thanks for the info though
Yah, the 5000 is pretty tall. I had to modify it a lot to fit it in the 008, but it was worth it .
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #544
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nexus, pics?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #545
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
You can easily buy a Lipo GFX and do your own testing. I don't feel it's fair for me to start posting other companies cycling numbers. Racers can come up with there own conclusions and tests. Our competitors can also invest in Lipo GFXs and give the pack specs of there packs. Were very confident that our packs are some of the best if not the best.

As far as to who makes them we have been through this before. The manufacturer we use specially makes high C rate cells for SMC exclusively. Even if we were to give the company name it's not a known company and they don't have a website. I know some will think this makes no sense but it's the truth.

As far as Helicopters go here is a some info I got from a 3D Helicopter flyer who has been testing our 2200/11.1/25C pack which will be out at the same time as our car packs and uses the same technology.

Hey Danny,
Its Rick from RC Madness, the one you asked to test new batteries for you. Sorry I haven't replied about the batteries thus far as my time to fly was limited due to work and the weather. Since the last time we spoke, I've logged over fifty flights with these batteries and the just keep getting better. I made my comparison to the Thunder Power Extreme batteries and the ones you let me try out perform them tremendously. Unlike the TP packs, your packs deliver more power, more consistently, and last longer not only in flight time but in over all life span. My TP packs are not doing anywhere as good as your packs and I got them around the same time. I am totally impressed with these batteries, and would like to buy some from you if you still have the means of getting them (I've been spoiled, these are all I want to fly with now). Please write back or give me a call anytime
PM sent
Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #546

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Danny-You have an email!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #547
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing View Post
Yah, the 5000 is pretty tall. I had to modify it a lot to fit it in the 008, but it was worth it .
Hey, I just purchased the SMC 5000 and layed the carbon battery tray on top of the lipo and it looks like the lipo is about 1/4" too tall in order to correctly install the battery tray.

What kind of mod did you have to do in order to get the 5000 to fit?? Help a fellow brotha' out

Any pics and instructions of the mod?

I'm sure this would help a lot of other ppl in the future that will run into the same problem!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #548
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
nexus, pics?
Here's a pic of how I modded the top of the pack. To do the cutting, I turned my drill press into a makeshift mill by clamping a vise to it, and basically milled the pack thinner where it hit the topdeck using some dremel bits:

I did the same thing to the bottom, but across the whole surface . The bottom ended up a little sloppy (because the pack started separating while I was cutting), so i covered it with some tape to make it look a little better

For those who want to try to make the 5000 fit in the T2'008, I'd suggest only modding the top of the pack (like in the pic above) and then just adding some shims to the top deck like in this tip for the 007:
http://nexusracing.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=60

Last edited by Nexus Racing; 04-12-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
Nexus Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #549
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCing15

Just got back from running my 4000 at Ripon RC Speedway and it had rip and top end. I ended up TQing 13.5 and ended up third. I think I could have won if I had new tires. Highly reccommend these batteries. Thanks.

Jeff
RCing15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #550
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Thats cool RCing15. I just got my 4000 pack from Nexus Racing yesterday so I can't wait to run mine.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #551
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm sure that cutting on the Battery case is ILLEGAL at any Sanctioned event!!!!!! I don't think cutting on the Protective CASE is a GOOD thing! You might want to ask your track owner if thats legal before cutting on your $100 Plus dollar pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jakespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #552
Tech Addict

Nexus, how well does the car balance?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #553
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespeed View Post
I'm sure that cutting on the Battery case is ILLEGAL at any Sanctioned event!!!!!! I don't think cutting on the Protective CASE is a GOOD thing! You might want to ask your track owner if thats legal before cutting on your $100 Plus dollar pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yah, I guess I should have mentioned that. We don't have any restrictions like that around here.
I don't tend to agree with that rule for this year, though, since (a) there are not many cars out there where a 5k lipo can fit in without mods and (b) why should a lipo case have to be air tight? I seriously doubt that the case on my SMC 5000 is any less protective since it is thin in a couple of areas on the top and bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt415gz
Nexus, how well does the car balance?
We do not weigh our cars around here, so all I do is put a strip of lead along the outside of the battery (around 2.5oz) and add a small amount of weight to the chassis. The 5000 packs do not need so much weight since they are the heaviest of the available lipos.
On the T2'008, the motor, etc are moved toward the center nicely, so that helps. Also, running a low-profile servo helps a lot since they are around 10g lighter than a std servo.
The car feels awesome on the track. On the balancing tool, my car is still motor-side heavy, but the car tends to perform better when light and unbalanced (within limits) compared to being heavy and perfectly balanced...similar situation to the pro's who run 5-cell with no weight on the battery side. The car has better punch and corner speed this way.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #554
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What balancer do you use w/these packs....sorry new to lipo
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #555
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespeed View Post
You can not mod the case for a ROAR event.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote