Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone heard of these? SCiB Li-Ions? 5 min charge, 5000+ cycle life? >

Anyone heard of these? SCiB Li-Ions? 5 min charge, 5000+ cycle life?

Anyone heard of these? SCiB Li-Ions? 5 min charge, 5000+ cycle life?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wahoo....silicone nano wires!!!! Another great use for that material:

Top10 List of silcone uses.

10: Lubercants
9: O-rings and Seals
8: Material Coatings (Wires and such)
7: Tire Shine
6: Pop-Out muffin pans
5: Better R/C Tires
4: ..... ( Ask your Wife of Girl Friend)
3: Medical
2: Battery Technology
1: Breast Enlargments!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
Wahoo....silicone nano wires!!!! Another great use for that material:

Top10 List of silcone uses.

10: Lubercants
9: O-rings and Seals
8: Material Coatings (Wires and such)
7: Tire Shine
6: Pop-Out muffin pans
5: Better R/C Tires
4: ..... ( Ask your Wife of Girl Friend)
3: Medical
2: Battery Technology
1: Breast Enlargments!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here you can find more info on them: http://www3.toshiba.co.jp/sic/english/scib/index3.htm
Old 02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
Instead of waiting for random tech to influence the hobby, why not just use already available tech & improvise to make racing better. If you think these are cool there are some new cells that suposedly hold 10x the energy density of lipos. However they are very young in the testing & development stages of them.
why do you always have to be such a thick headed idiot? Again, this thread is about SCiB batteries. Dont tell me to write about something else in a thread thats already been posted, what the heck is the point?

"Instead of waiting for random tech to influence the hobby"

"If you think these are cool there are some new cells that suposedly hold 10x the energy density of lipos. However they are very young in the testing & development stages of them"

Wow how stupid are you? You tell me not to wait for "random tech" (which btw is getting its first production run released this march, which means ITS OUT OF TESTING STAGES) then you say how new experimental cells are in the works. You know what else is in the works? My foot in your ass. if you want to talk A123, make an A123 specific thread. If you want to keep taking a topic Off-topic, go post in the Chat Lounge. If you want to keep making an ass of yourself, stay alive and keep posting.

anyways, if these ever made it into the world of RC, chargers would have to be some heavy duty units! I dont think current generators could handle a 50a burst charge either. These batteries would really mix things up in the industry lol.

"Nominal Capacity 4.2 Ah"
that translates to 4200mAh right? Thats pretty neat. Works in 7.2v config, AND at a perfect mAh rating. Given the efficiency and energy density too, i would imagine it'd be more like 5000 or 6000mah too.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

geez you dont have to be so mean maybe he is a noob and dont know better but i think he is a noob
Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
why do you always have to be such a thick headed idiot? Again, this thread is about SCiB batteries. Dont tell me to write about something else in a thread thats already been posted, what the heck is the point?

"Instead of waiting for random tech to influence the hobby"

"If you think these are cool there are some new cells that suposedly hold 10x the energy density of lipos. However they are very young in the testing & development stages of them"

Wow how stupid are you? You tell me not to wait for "random tech" (which btw is getting its first production run released this march, which means ITS OUT OF TESTING STAGES) then you say how new experimental cells are in the works. You know what else is in the works? My foot in your ass. if you want to talk A123, make an A123 specific thread. If you want to keep taking a topic Off-topic, go post in the Chat Lounge. If you want to keep making an ass of yourself, stay alive and keep posting.

anyways, if these ever made it into the world of RC, chargers would have to be some heavy duty units! I dont think current generators could handle a 50a burst charge either. These batteries would really mix things up in the industry lol.

"Nominal Capacity 4.2 Ah"
that translates to 4200mAh right? Thats pretty neat. Works in 7.2v config, AND at a perfect mAh rating. Given the efficiency and energy density too, i would imagine it'd be more like 5000 or 6000mah too.

Brilliant