R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   digital radios??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/20549-digital-radios.html)

Matt04 06-29-2003 02:31 AM

digital radios???

i have a normal radio and i dont have many features on it and it is hard to always to get the steering straight. would gettign a digital radio help me with all this and do u guys know which one would be good(and a good price) and last me for a long time.

Headbanger 06-29-2003 03:54 AM

Getting a digital radio will most likely not make your car go straighter. I assume you know how to use trim on your current radio.

If your car is changing directions as you pull on the throttle, this probably due to your car's setup. Any number of things can cause this like chassis tweak, unbalanced shocks, unevenly balanced chassis, etc., etc...

What car do you have? If you can describe your problem in detail, we can try to help you figure it out.

Cole Trickle 06-29-2003 11:21 AM

If you havent done it already, ensure that your servo saver is tight enough. Also ensure that your steering works smoothly, while the servo is mechanical detached.

If your car go straight at low speed and non-straight at higher speeds, it might also be one or more bad bearings.

Randy Caster 06-29-2003 11:51 AM

You can always get a digital radio for the cool-factor. For the ultimate in precision, I use a Futaba 3PK HRS with a S9451 digital servo.

ijnek 06-29-2003 09:48 PM

Originally posted by Randman
You can always get a digital radio for the cool-factor. For the ultimate in precision, I use a Futaba 3PK HRS with a S9451 digital servo.
all digital radios give every precise tuning,i dun c how u can get the "best" from a 3pk.i tried ex1-mars,3pk,m8 n 3pj and in terms of tuning,they give pretty much the same precision...dun misled the guy wif wrong info tat oni a high-end radio n servo can solve his problem...

matt04:
wat car r u driving?...wat the guyz mention here pretty much sums up the problem tat u have if ur car is having problem going straight...1 other thing is torque steer.it's a tricky problem tat occurs in shaft cars which cause it 2 veer off it's straight line when u throttle...

Matt04 07-01-2003 12:27 AM

i have a pro 3 but i have had problems with it and i mite be looking to get a new car, becasue i snaped a chassie a couple of weeks ago and luckly i found someone who had a spare one, parts are very hard to find in australia.

the problems are that i cant get it straight. i am new to rc i have been in it for about 2 months and i have won my class with it . if i were to get a new car do u guys have any reconmendations about any. i would like to get a shaft car becasue i herd that they are better in performance.

any one have any answers for me ?? thanks

sosidge 07-01-2003 12:52 AM

Check that the servo horn on the pro 3 is a tight fit - the KO one used to be a slack fit on my servo, which made the car veer off down the straights - so I used a heavy-duty KO brand servo horn.

Really, there's not a huge amount to choose between the various top-level cars - the safest bet is to go for one that is already successful at your local track, and that you can get parts for. Or go for the one you like the look of!

Matt04 07-01-2003 11:42 PM

well i dont really know many cars. i race on brushed concreate and i would like a shaft car could you guys tell us some ( and some radios if u can name any) thanks

Cole Trickle 07-02-2003 01:55 AM

Is your Pro3 used alot?

I would say, if it's in a reasonable shape, use for some more time and get some more experience, before you buy a new car. This way you'll get more experience and thus gaining a better background to select a new car.

I'll bet, if you manage to get the Pro3 going straight, you'll be doing very good. You've already won your class with a car that cant go straight ! Well done !

ijnek 07-02-2003 05:29 PM

the tc3 is a proven car for quite some time,so u wun go wrong with it.jus make sure u try to get the factory kit with all the hop-ups inside.save u a bundle...
as 4 radio,try futaba's,they feel veri comfortable 2 mi n i think most would agree wif mi.