TA03F rally

Old 06-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default TA03F rally

Well, other than rally tires, my car is pretty much all set to rally. it's a Tamiya TA03F (that wants some sway bars and rally tires), but I've got a tub chassis.

My questions:

a) How to keep dirt out of the tub chassis? Anybody use the tub before?

b) Will a carbon graphite chassis be better for rallying? (since there's no tub)?

I'm not talking about 3 ft jump rallying, more like dirt running rally with sliding.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

use the plastic tub its cheaper and if it breaks cheap to replace to get rocks out you might put a seris of holes big enough to let some rocks through in the chassis using a drill not to close too gether as it can make weak points or use some spare lexcen and invent some wheel wells and stick them to the body this could stop all the rocks picked up geting sprayed in
Old 06-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm... I tried those options (minus the holes. I think I'll keep them, thank you... hehehe).

I tried the lexan guard. A lot of stuff still sprays in. aiyah :P