Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
The new front end will fit both the 12 and 10 cars
Cool...now we just need to see it hehehe
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #1202
Tech Adept

You know if it came in a 235mm version I could be tempted!

Heck I am tempted, looks nice Jason.

RC10L (Pro 10, WGT), TC4, BMI DB12RR, Scalpel
Lee_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #1203
Uga
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_123 View Post
You know if it came in a 235mm version I could be tempted!

Heck I am tempted, looks nice Jason.
+1
pro10 is quite popular in Europe, a conversion kit would definately sell, as the CRC kit is not a straight fit.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #1204
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2S chassis?...
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #1205
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I have been using a futaba 9602. It is more than enough of a servo for the job
is this still the case or are folk using a mid size servo with a bit more speed & torque
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #1206
Uga
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
is this still the case or are folk using a mid size servo with a bit more speed & torque
I am using my old trusty Futaba S9650 (which is quite close to the 9602) with no issues.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #1207
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
Glenn,

9650/9602 are plenty man enough for the job even indoors.

Jason
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #1208
Tech Master

what is a reasonable setup for a low to medium traction outdoor asfalt track for the DB10RR with a 10.5t and 2s lipo and a sophia body?

I know the focus is on the copperhead 10 now but i still have a DB10RR.

The outdoor tracks overhere are never prepped so at this moment the asphalt tracks have no traction what so ever.

I have the thick CF hokey sticks in the long position with soft corally damper syrup in the tubes. 30wt oil in teh centershock with 2 holes piston, standard spring. I have moved the 2s saddle lipo packs all the way back on the chassis with the esc and receiver in front to get as much weight on the back tires as possible. I will use pink back tires and magenta, lilac or purple fronts depending on the traction

I know it is not the BMI way but it is something i want to try out. Any suggestions? Or should i just move the packs to the middle with esc in the back? In my mind i need all the weight at the back to get better traction of the back tires.

Hope someone can help
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #1209
V12
Tech Elite

first of all I donīt think the Sophia is very good outdoors. I personally have not tried GT style bodies until now, but I have seen other driver using the Sophia at a low traction track and in the end anything other was better then the Sophia.
If you want staying with GT style bodies I would go with the Corvette or maybe with the Mulsanne also. Beside that the Carson Pro10 style body seems working pretty good, thatīs also what Iīm using.

Regarding your setup I think the saddlepack batteries at the rear will result in moore steering. From what I read until now regarding BMI cars moving the weight toward the front will reduce steering a little and the car should be easier to drive.

Next thing are the thick CF flexplates. Maybe this is too much but I donīt know as I donīt have them. Iīm using the thin ones switching between long and short position depending on the track.
Maybe someone (Jason) could explain the difference at the track between the thick and thin CK flexplates. Until now I didnīt find any comment on this.
Especially I would like to know if the short position on the thin flexplates is similar to the long position on the thick flexplates or maybe the difference is larger.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #1210
Tech Master

thanks for your insight gunther. I thought putting weight at the back would get more on power traction of the back tires but more offpower steering going into the corners (weight going forwards unloading the tires) . The problem i am having (with another car) is that when going from offpower to onpower the backend slides away very easy on very low traction asphalt. With the packs at the back i thought it would be reduced. But not sure now.

What are your experience on that matter jason? Does placing the saddlepacks in the middle reduce on power steering?

I bought the standard cf plates as they didn't have the thin ones back then when they first came out. I might buy some thin ones if that would help better.

I Bought 2 sophia's for the indoor carpet track. Now it is outdoor so i just painted up the second one to try it out. Otherwise it would be a little waste not to use it lol. I have cut the rear wing 4mm higher then the cut out lines to make sure i will get the most downforce possible from that wing. It won't be much but at least it will be more then normal. I might put the wing on some big shims so it is a little higher at the back and at an angle if the car still feels too darty.

It is for a small outdoor track so it might work out ok with the sophia i hope.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #1211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm just switching to 1s lipo 13.5 10R on carpet 80' by 36', and tarmac 125' by 60'. Any suggestions for gearing please? Thanks.
c-lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #1212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
what is a reasonable setup for a low to medium traction outdoor asfalt track for the DB10RR with a 10.5t and 2s lipo and a sophia body?

I know the focus is on the copperhead 10 now but i still have a DB10RR.

The outdoor tracks overhere are never prepped so at this moment the asphalt tracks have no traction what so ever.

I have the thick CF hokey sticks in the long position with soft corally damper syrup in the tubes. 30wt oil in teh centershock with 2 holes piston, standard spring. I have moved the 2s saddle lipo packs all the way back on the chassis with the esc and receiver in front to get as much weight on the back tires as possible. I will use pink back tires and magenta, lilac or purple fronts depending on the traction

I know it is not the BMI way but it is something i want to try out. Any suggestions? Or should i just move the packs to the middle with esc in the back? In my mind i need all the weight at the back to get better traction of the back tires.

Hope someone can help
Try much thinner oil in the shock, along with a really soft center spring. Pink rear tires are a must, lilac or purple fronts could work depending on the amount of traction available. Most importantly, be really easy on the throttle when getting out of slow corners. We're running 10.5s with 1 cell batteries, and these changes to the center shock seem to help develop decent forward bite on dusty surfaces. I'd set up the car with the battery located as far back as you can mount it, and think about moving it forward if the car pushes too much off throttle. Make sure you compound the rears completely, letting the traction compound of choice soak in for as long as possible, while compounding the inside front edges of the tires for the first run. after a run or two, compound the fronts as required for your track. While this advice might not cure your problems completely, give it a try and see how things go - otherwise, the rest of the setup should be a good starting point.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #1213
Tech Master

thanks. I know about throttle control with the 2wd cars. The problem i had was that even on the straight my backend was so lose that it swayed with just a slight correction of steering so i had to let of the gas otherwise i would be all over the place. I sauced the back tires full and didn't sauce the fronts. This was with my 235mm car though and there might be some problems with it that i have to look into as the rest of the drivers had better traction with the same tire compound (pink rears and purple/lilac front)

I can't go softer on the spring as we drive with 2s lipo and 10.5t. The speed of over 90+ km/h causes the car to go towards the asphalt after the middle part of the straight because of downforce. Any softer and i will scrape my chassis from one end of the straight towards the other end. (happend to me during testing)

In the meantime i will use the db10rr with 2s saddlepack. It is ready to go with a freshly painted body. I did redirect the saddlepacks towards the middle with electronics behind it but left the wires long enough so i can put the electronics in front and saddles all the way to the back for testing. The saddles in the middle worked good on carpet so lets see how it goes on asphalt.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #1214
Uga
Tech Regular

Does anybody know who might have any center pivots (DB3020), BMI is not supporting the old cars but we have around 10 drivers with DB10R, kinda sucks that they're forced to invest in conversion kits for a car that's just a season old just because they can not get the parts anymore I would get a dozen of those in any hobbyshop still have them in inventory.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #1215
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Does anybody know who might have any center pivots (DB3020), BMI is not supporting the old cars but we have around 10 drivers with DB10R, kinda sucks that they're forced to invest in conversion kits for a car that's just a season old just because they can not get the parts anymore I would get a dozen of those in any hobbyshop still have them in inventory.
says its in stock http://www.bmiracing.com/webstore/ca...1bc1c50cc84619