R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #1021
Tech Champion

Well just finished getting my 2 DB9 bodies for IIC mounted and cut out, now just to paint em up Man they sure do look nice. I can't wait to see how they handle
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #1022
Uga
Tech Regular

Disassembled my shock and the o-rings looks in a pretty bad shape.. Which o-rings are you guys using for the IRS macro shock? I have found that Xray has 3.1mm o-rings, will they fit OK?
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #1023
Tech Fanatic

Use the IRS O rings - Dave does an excellent mail order service, and I usually get stuff sent overseas within a week. It's not usual for something from another shock to fit well enough to prevent leaks so use the originals. The spare O ring parts are here.

http://www.teamirsrc.com/irsshocks.html

HTH
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 AM   #1024
Uga
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tip, but it seems kind of odd to order a pack of o-rings overseas I will drop a message to Jason, maybe I can get them through him with my next order.
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Old 08-31-2009, 04:17 AM   #1025
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you are talking about the small read lower o ring, those are AE orings from there TC shock.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #1026
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Meanwhile I had another race at the very large 1/8th nitro track in Lostallo/Switzerland where the 1/8th worlds were held one week before. This track is even larger than the one where I had my first race with the DB10R but also this track is very challenging and a lot of fun to race. Definitely a very interesting track with banked highspeed corners, hairpins, different curbs you could ride on or where you have to stay away. This track is so different on every corner and overall maybe one of the best facilities on earth.
Rules in Switzerland for the GT10 class are very similar to our rules so 13.5T motors and 2S Lipos again but this time the CRC lilac spec tires had to be used and race duration was 8 minutes.
The CRC tires were new to me but I didnīt have to change the setup much.
The DB10R worked very good again from the beginning with a 2nd and 3rd place during qualifying resulting in a 4th place overall on the grid.
For the mains I didnīt have the same race luck and finished on 7th place overall. Actually there was much more possible especially when youīre leading in one of the mains, but as I said... no luck.

During practice I tried the same steering setup as Jason is using on his car and liked this better. Also my tire wear on the frontend was a little better than before but I still experience a little too much tire wear on the outside of the tires.
Currently Iīm using 2° camber what is more than I ever used on my wide pan cars. Iīm not sure if this is because of the very high speeds or if I have to use even more camber. Maybe the body also have not enough downforce at the front so the car is pushing and the tires are wearing this way. Maybe the steering geometry could be optimized even more also.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #1027
Tech Champion

Won the D main at the IIC today and almost got the lucky dog bump up. My time held through the. C main but the B main winner eeeked out 1 more lap. Great car! Thanks Jason!

Last edited by InspGadgt; 09-12-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #1028
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Very quiet here currently.

So a little report from my DB10R at our Outdoor Onroad Nationals last weekend.

As I got the kit very late my DB10R and body was finished just on friday evening. Saturday morning I left for the Nationals what did begin that day. Beside the open Pro10 235mm class (unlimited motors) and a touring class with spec motors we had one complete group (unofficial class) with 10 narrow 200mm cars what are basically World GT cars but with different rules.
Difference is our rules say 2 cell Lipo, 13.5T spec motors and GT or Group-C bodies. No tire limits.

As I did not get a saddlepack Lipo I had to use sticktype Lipo. For getting a better weightbalance I used some lead weight what was arranged for fixing the Lipo also, donīt like strapping tape. Also using a larger bumper made from 3mm Lexan the overall weight was about 120g above the weight limit, so a little on the heavy side. Maybe this would result in some slower laptimes maybe the higher weight would result in better traction I donīt know.

When I arrived at the track I think I was one of the very last drivers arriving. Everybody could have had 2 days of free practice before if they wanted.
So just 3 rounds of controlled practice now. Track was very large and flowing (as above) high traction and very high temperature. Track temperature was more than 50°C someone reported from up to 59°C, donīt know how much this is in Fahrenheit.

I had no experience in this 200mm class and of course also no experience with the DB10R so started completely with the kit setup what did work not that bad. Later I changed to a harder setup overall and this suited the track conditions better. We had 5 rounds of qualifying with 2 rounds to count on points. Car setup and my feeling for the track improved over time so I had a 2nd and 3rd place as best positions during qualifying. Because of the point system I started as 5th overall at the Main what was run triple.
At the Mains I had a 3nd, 4th and 5th place overall but due to the point system this resulted in a 6th place overall. In the end it was a lot of fun driving the DB10R and not that bad for the first race.
V12, what is the body you used? I have never seen this one.
Thanks
jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #1029
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
Here is my DB10 with saddle pack Lipos. Running a 13.5t Orion Vortex motor
Blackbird,

It looks like you mounted a CRC GENX10 carbon bumper. How easy does it fit? I broke my DB10R carbon bumper and I am looking for a stronger replacement part.
Thanks
jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #1030
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
Blackbird,

It looks like you mounted a CRC GENX10 carbon bumper. How easy does it fit? I broke my DB10R carbon bumper and I am looking for a stronger replacement part.
Thanks
Jawa, yes it is a GenX10 front bumper very easy to fit just needs two holes drilling to , with the foam on its a very snug fit under GT bodies.
blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #1031
Uga
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Won the D main at the IIC today and almost got the lucky dog bump up. My time held through the. C main but the B main winner eeeked out 1 more lap. Great car! Thanks Jason!
Congrats! Was there anybody in A or B mains with DB10/12R?
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #1032
Tech Champion

No...there was only 3 people there driving BMI DB10Rs, 2 of us ran regular WGT and one ran pro only because he wanted to run a different motor. The 2 of us in regular WGT were both in the D main.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #1033
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
No...there was only 3 people there driving BMI DB10Rs, 2 of us ran regular WGT and one ran pro only because he wanted to run a different motor. The 2 of us in regular WGT were both in the D main.

huh? there were 2 classes of wgt?

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #1034
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
huh? there were 2 classes of wgt?
Yup there sure was...they had one for the pros and one for the normal folk
Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #1035

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So I am pondering picking up a DB10R to run WGT. Jason, are there any new upgrades or changes coming for the 10R that would be a reason for me to wait a few weeks? Or is that car pretty much fixed in the form it will be in for a while? Also if I order the DB10R from your web store, does that come with the 10RR upgrade already on it? Also how do 1S LiPo's work into the mix with this chassis?

also after looking through the last few pages, it looks like the batteries are very hard to remove from teh chassis once they are in. am I seeing this wrong? Our track requires you to charge in a LiPo sack so each time I come off the track I need to pull the batt's out of teh car. the 12RR is simple, but this setup looks like you need to remove the top plate.

Last edited by Clegg; 09-15-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote