R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #961
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Cool...Will it be out in time for IIC?
Yes it will

Here is a pic of my 10R. Dont laugh at the wiring. I had a last minute speed control change the morning of the race before i had to leave
Attached Thumbnails
BMI DB10R!!!-db10r.jpg  
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #962
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Ok I'll refrain from commenting on the wiring

Cool can't wait for the LiPo tray and to run both my cars with LiPo. We still have to run round cells locally but I'm working on that and hope to have us converted over soon.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #963
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Jason,
thanks for the picture of your setup. i remeasured things and it seems that the front shock mount's nut will clear the battery, i just need to trim the ball stud.

which ball studs are you using for the shock support (front and rear)?

i recall now that in the kit, there was a black 'medium' ball stud that was a little different than usual with a shorter threaded portion. was this intended for battery clearance?

thanks again for the helpful info on this forum, tony
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #964
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
Hey Jason,
thanks for the picture of your setup. i remeasured things and it seems that the front shock mount's nut will clear the battery, i just need to trim the ball stud.

which ball studs are you using for the shock support (front and rear)?

i recall now that in the kit, there was a black 'medium' ball stud that was a little different than usual with a shorter threaded portion. was this intended for battery clearance?

thanks again for the helpful info on this forum, tony
I use the medium ballstud on the pod and the standard on the battery hold down. This shock angle worked very well.

Here is my setup for 1S LiPo

Front:
5 degree caster blocks
6 degrees of static caster
1 degree camber
0 toe
.022 stock front springs with #3 sure lube on the kingpins
.25mm droop
4mm ride height
Lilac front tire cut to 2.100. Sauce 1/2 of the inside

Rear:
Stock flex plates w/ long mount and no set screw
#3 sure lube in damper tubes
Battery all the way back
40 wt. oil in shock w/ 2 hole piston
stock center spring
Lilace rear tire cut to 2.100 and sauce full rear
4mm ride height
1mm pod droop
Pod level at ride height


My roll out was 2.68 and i ran a Protoform C6 Corvette body. I sauced my tires for 5 minutes prior to the race with Jack The Gripper traction compound.

Let me know if i missed anything
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #965
Tech Master
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,244
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
Jason are you running the 0* blocks and shims in the back for outdoor or in indoor carpet?
I think this got lost in the shuffle. Looking at the above pic though this is not the same set up you said you have. I'm running outdoor on asphalt and am looking for a little more steering. I was running 5* blocks with one spacer front and back on the arm.
__________________
Gorilla Size Racing

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #966
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
I think this got lost in the shuffle. Looking at the above pic though this is not the same set up you said you have. I'm running outdoor on asphalt and am looking for a little more steering. I was running 5* blocks with one spacer front and back on the arm.
Jason Schreffler ran the 0 degree blocks on carpet at the snowbirds and really liked it. I tried 4 degrees of caster in the main and didnt like it as much. This is why i posted 6 degrees in my setup. I ran this similar setup outdoors. If you want more steering for outdoors you should try more camber and a lighter front spring. Maybe a .020. I run 2 degrees of camber outdoors.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #967
Tech Adept
 
GetnFasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 117
Default

I'm new to pan cars so could someone offer a starting setup for smooth, very high grip indoor asphalt.
also what should I gear a 13.5 duo, the track is about 100'x45'
Thanks
GetnFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #968
Tech Master
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,244
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Jason Schreffler ran the 0 degree blocks on carpet at the snowbirds and really liked it. I tried 4 degrees of caster in the main and didnt like it as much. This is why i posted 6 degrees in my setup. I ran this similar setup outdoors. If you want more steering for outdoors you should try more camber and a lighter front spring. Maybe a .020. I run 2 degrees of camber outdoors.
Thanks Jason, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
__________________
Gorilla Size Racing

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #969
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I use the medium ballstud on the pod and the standard on the battery hold down. This shock angle worked very well.

Here is my setup for 1S LiPo
...
Let me know if i missed anything

thanks for more details. i would only add if the servo was flat or angled, front or back, and verify using the 'middle' holes on a small kimbrough servosaver.(oops, i can see from the picture, angled and forward)

Last edited by avs; 07-21-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: correction
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #970
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Have a DB10R now coming from the UK as AMC is the nearest shop selling BMI.
So Im waiting for the postman now.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #971
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Let me know if you need any help with it buddy.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #972
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

what kind of ratio is good for a 13.5 on 1s for minnreg ?.
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #973
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie View Post
what kind of ratio is good for a 13.5 on 1s for minnreg ?.
with the latest crop of speed controls rollout numbers vary more, you might indicate which speed control you have (last night 2 of the fastest 1/12 scales were running 90mm and 75mm)
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #974
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
with the latest crop of speed controls rollout numbers vary more, you might indicate which speed control you have (last night 2 of the fastest 1/12 scales were running 90mm and 75mm)

My motor will be a SP 13.5 & the esc most likely will be a GTB or a SP esc. I have'nt race pan cars in over 10y . So i forgot alot of stuff .
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:22 AM   #975
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I ran 70mm at minnreg last time with the timing cranked all the way up on the speedo and motor. That was with the SP LPF and trinity duo motor. I may have been able to go up a tooth or so but it was getting the job done.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
db10r for sale j manikis R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 06-25-2008 05:25 AM
BRAND NEW, never ran BMI DB10R 74VWTECH R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-24-2008 03:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net