R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #856
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys do I need to clean the traction compound from my foam tires after a race day and if so what do I use?
BIGBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #857
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just bought some foam tire cleaner and will be the first time using it. Here is a link http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog...oducts_id=1405

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOT View Post
Hey guys do I need to clean the traction compound from my foam tires after a race day and if so what do I use?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #858
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
I just bought some foam tire cleaner and will be the first time using it. Here is a link http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog...oducts_id=1405
Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #859
Tech Master

Hi guys, a couple of us went to one of the bigger circuits over here in the UK yesterday with our BMI cars. I was running a 9x2 which started at 42mmpr with a 4 cell pack. That was totally under-geared for the long straight that we were racing on. In the end, to get any kind of decent speed down the long straight, I had to gear the car at over 60mmpr. This made the car really rubbish to drive through the infield parts of the track. traction was not a problem. I tried Corally and JACO tyres and both setups were fine. In fact, the spec tyres from JACO had too much traciton actually and car traction rolled a couple of times! So, a comprimise is needed at the bigger circuits. Geared up enough for decent top speed but geared down enough for decent reponse through the infield. My mate was using a brushless setup in his BMI car. He started with a 10.5 (I think) and that was much the same as mine. Boring to drive, not exciting in any way. So, he put a 4.5 in his car and that was MUCH better. Decent turn of speed through the infield but really fast down the main straight. So, if you plan to run 4 cells, you NEED to run with a fast brushless setup. the other way around it is to go LiPo, or 6 cells with a regular 'quick' brushed motor, or slightly slower brushless setup (10.5/13.5, etc). Alot of guys came over to see what was under the b'shells of our cars, and were suprised to see only a 4 cell pack in them. they said that the cars looked great running around the circuit, and were fast enough, but from the rostrum, both myslef and my mate that was using the same chassis thought the same thoughts as mentioned above. I will post a pic of the track we ran on to show you what I ment about gearing for this circuit (Mendip). Cheers guys, Chris.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #860
Tech Master

In addition to the above post, here is a picture of the Mendip circuit that we ran on yesterday. As you can see, there is quite a long sweeper that goes onto the main straight which carries LOADS of speed. Hence, the need to gear up or your car tops out before you even get on the straight! Oh, and that's my car on the right hand side of the track, to give you an idea of how big the track is.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #861
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drool.......

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #862
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not bad.
Do you know how much is the overall track length?
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #863
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Calling all pan car dudes in the Los Angeles area. I am trying to get a core of guys that want to run pan cars at least once a month at Crystal Park Raceway. At the moment we meet for racing the 3rd Saturday of the month. I want to push for the pro 10 class but willing to go World GT if the majority rules. The track as you will see is a nice big track and would be ideal for Pro 10. Currently I am running Novak 3.5r, lipo. But again as stated I can easily swap to a 10.5 or 17.5 for World GT. Let me know if you are in the area and see if we can meet up any weekend for practice before racing.

Flyer

Here are some recent pictures of the track and of my car:

One of the nitro guys I see at the track running an electric touring car

Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #864
Tech Master

Hi guys, here is the website for the mendip track:

http://www.mmmrc.org/

I am now going to make a 235mm pan car, with a LiPo and a 3.5 or 4.5.

That will be awesome!!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #865
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think im gonna try to get out my 4.5 and 7.4 lipo and see it go on our local nitro track. I think it would be cool to have the electric 200mm cars beating up on the nitro 200mm cars.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 AM   #866
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I think im gonna try to get out my 4.5 and 7.4 lipo and see it go on our local nitro track. I think it would be cool to have the electric 200mm cars beating up on the nitro 200mm cars.
You do that... and I buy one!

The car, that is... then the lipo...
gramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #867
Tech Adept

Hey Jason ran my car this weekend on our new carpet track and it worked great with the stock setup (TQed and finished secound). I was looking at 2 setups for it one was yours and the other was one from snow birds and I noticed that you run the batteries all the way back is that done to get rid of steering because I noticed that when I was racing this weekend I could of used more steering because I was having a little trouble keeping up in the infield.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #868
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOT View Post
Hey Jason ran my car this weekend on our new carpet track and it worked great with the stock setup (TQed and finished secound). I was looking at 2 setups for it one was yours and the other was one from snow birds and I noticed that you run the batteries all the way back is that done to get rid of steering because I noticed that when I was racing this weekend I could of used more steering because I was having a little trouble keeping up in the infield.
No, i did that to get a little more steering. I run the batts rearward most of the time. On low bite i run them forward to tone it down a bit. Try going to the 0 degree blocks up front with 4 degrees of static caster and 2.5 degrees fron toe. Should steer like an animal.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #869
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
No, i did that to get a little more steering. I run the batts rearward most of the time. On low bite i run them forward to tone it down a bit. Try going to the 0 degree blocks up front with 4 degrees of static caster and 2.5 degrees fron toe. Should steer like an animal.
Thanks I will give that a try
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #870
Tech Rookie

Hi!

Guys what speedos/bl motors You run?
Thinking of getting this chassis for this summer season(our rules are 10.5 BL with 4 cell Ni-Mh).

Cheers,
Janis
janux is offline   Reply With Quote