R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #646
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the input. I will try the fluid on the kingpins as the car did feel a little darty.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #647
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you have DB10 motor side pod plates in stock? I can't find them in the on-line store? What is the part number or how should I order?

Thanks
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #648
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I pulled the pods off of the site because we are out of stock. I will have them back from anodizing tommorow so they will be put back on the site tommorow.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #649
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Guys I need recommended tire truer lathe that will work for my DB10R and 1/12th.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
4TH Annual Fall Cla$$ic: Mike's Hobby Shop November 12-14, 2010 www.easttexasrc.com www.mikeshobbyshop.com 17.5 Rubber Sedan, 13.5 Rubber Sedan, 17.5 1/12TH, 13.5 1/12TH, WORLD GT, stock sedan and SLASH
EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS : SCHUMACHER MI3 : ASSOCIATED 12R5 : ASSOCIATED 10R5 : TAMIYA TT 01 : LOSI XXXT-CR : LOSI BK : TRAXXAS SLASH : LOSI SLIDER : CUSTOM WORKS OUTLAW
steve crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #650
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
If the front wheel is lifting, then the rear is rolling too much. Usually the reason for this is because the pod is tilted forward at ride height. Make sure that the pod is level when at ride hieght. You want to set the ride height with the axle cams instead of the shock collar.
I wish I would would have been able to get internet at the Classic. I had this exact problem and could not get rid of it. Oh well you live and you learn, I ended up third in the C main, the class was dominated by the CRC car. I think there were maybe 2 10R5's and my lone DB10R.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
I think there were maybe 2 10R5's and my lone DB10R.
EA had the lone CEFX as well. A-was 9 Gen-X 10's vs. EA. All the cars in attendance looked fairly good.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #652
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
I wish I would would have been able to get internet at the Classic. I had this exact problem and could not get rid of it. Oh well you live and you learn, I ended up third in the C main, the class was dominated by the CRC car. I think there were maybe 2 10R5's and my lone DB10R.
Dont let it get you buddy. When you go to these big races, you will find alot of companies send out there top dogs to beat up on everyone. Its not the cars that are winning it is the drivers. These companies buy the big drivers and win the big races. This is nothing new and is the reason i dont pay much attention to it. I would rather spend my money on R&D and my time keeping parts in stock. Some companies need this to push product and some dont. As long as you had a good time, thats all that counts.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 10-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #653
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve crane View Post
Guys I need recommended tire truer lathe that will work for my DB10R and 1/12th.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Integy makes a nice truer for a great price. The hudy is really nice but pricey.
J Concepts
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #654
heywire

or maybe most of the onroad racers want a car that has a good support system behind the company and has real racers that run the car for setup advice not some guy that thinks he knows what he is doing
Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #655
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywire View Post
or maybe most of the onroad racers want a car that has a good support system behind the company and has real racers that run the car for setup advice not some guy that thinks he knows what he is doing
Only 13 posts WTF
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is part #17503 the right one for the HPI Corvette C6?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 AM   #657
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywire View Post
Oh, i know what i am doing. If i didnt i would be changing my car every 2 weeks like the rest of you. I just dont need to pay racers to make my stuff look good and then have to setup and prep the cars for them. That is weak if you ask me. And how helpfull is it to the genral public to avoid about every question asked from the customers and justify it by putting a setup on the website that applies to super high traction? Great support there I really dont bother with the big races but i do support my product above and beyond ANY OTHER. Our cars have done extremely well at the big races but i do not push it. My cars win in the hands of the general public which is all that matters to me. If i paid all of the pros to run my cars, you would have the same results. Im not into fooling the public to thinking my stuff is good. Whatever the case, people need to have fun.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 10-28-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #658
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactory666 View Post
Only 13 posts WTF
Yes, that is most likely a company rep or a friend of a company rep huffing and puffing under a different name. Its gotta make you laugh.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 10-28-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #659
heywire

company rep hardly just a racer who loves his car and all he support that comes along with it .. i can pm any of their drivers and they will hit me back fast and if your car was so good and you dont pay your drivers then why was your best driver not even close to a main in ohio last weekend ya i can read results.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #660
Tech Lord

Its called trying new stuff and not racing for a while. Again, he swept the floor with all of your little buddies at the snowbirds, did i put that in all of your faces? Everyone has an off day and this happened to be his. If i paid 30 guys to guarentee some sort of victory we wouldnt be having this conversation. I choose to spend my money in other places. I dont spend it owning 30 of the 35 racers in a class. That is sad.

If anyone ever needs tech support, i always help and answer question. My customers and team also do. Having to hunt down a guy to find out what setup to run sucks as far as customer support. I am done having this pointless conversation with you. If you like your car go drive it.
J Concepts