Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I may need to order one and try it. It should fit but i want to be certain
I'm ready to order a saddle pack and will hold off until i get confirmation from you that the SMC saddle fits the DB10R .

SMC lipos are great , i'm not to keen on Maxamps as i have had problems running them in the past so would rather the SMCs , fingers crossed
Old 09-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have to disagree, I will not be going to nimh and I have not had any problems running lipo on my Gen X 10 and have balanced my car without any problems.

Reason for 4 cell push is due to smaller indoor tracks, but get yourself out to a big track and lipo is no longer a problem.

I think this class will do fine and both the nimh and lipo camp can race together in peace and harmony

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
They will soon come over to NiMh when they can't overcome the problems that Jason talks about above.

The class is for 4-cell NiMh - if you don't want to run that, perhaps you'd be better off in another class?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
I have to disagree, I will not be going to nimh and I have not had any problems running lipo on my Gen X 10 and have balanced my car without any problems.

Reason for 4 cell push is due to smaller indoor tracks, but get yourself out to a big track and lipo is no longer a problem.

I think this class will do fine and both the nimh and lipo camp can race together in peace and harmony
I can see both sides of the issue. However, to the guy who suggested that if ya dont want to run NiMh "find another class",,,,,,,,,,, Shame on you!

Last I heard this class is still in developement, and in the end should be based around just having fun. Seems to me that there is much room for experimenting at this point.

The plan here at my track (decent sized outdoor asphalt) is to try 7.4 & 21.5-17.5-13.5bl.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At our track here in Dayton, OH were are running 13.5/4cell and 27t/lipo-6cell. It seems to be a very good mix. I would consider myself an average driver and can run door to door with one of our top drivers in the area. I'm running 13.5 and he is running 27t. It's a good size outdoor track and the speeds are very close. Our fastest laps are within .2 a second of each other with him having the slight edge on me.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We will be doing some lipo testing shortly so i should be able to get some setups shortly.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sitting on the fence

I was almost in position to buy a car and join the revolution till i read this thread.Now not sure if i will take the plunge for a while.
Lipo yes/no
Motors ,classes nothing concrete .Every one seems to be experimenting trying different options.
Think i will wait now till the dust settles and some thing concrete is in place maybe 2009/2010.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Lord

It looks like 4 cell 13.5 is going to be the class for big races. What other clubs decide to do is up to them. I doubt you will see 7.4 volt lipo at any large race with these cars any time soon. Lipo compatibility is pretty much an option for the clubs that would like to run it.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

It looks like 4 cell 13.5 is going to be the class for big races. What other clubs decide to do is up to them. I doubt you will see 7.4 volt lipo at any large race with these cars any time soon. Lipo compatibility is pretty much an option for the clubs that would like to run it.
My guess is less than 2 years, NiMH will become extinct in RC cars.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by roadbeast
My guess is less than 2 years, NiMH will become extinct in RC cars.
Does that mean that Off-Road and Touring Cars will be extinct too?

Off-Road are having a lot of difficulty getting the cars to fly correctly with LiPo, and Mod TC is almost undriveable with LiPo. In Europe we are having a huge resurgence in TC using 5-cell Mod, and in Japan they are only allowed 4-cell Mod. That's not counting Oval cars, Stock Cars (a European thing!) the new World GT and every RTR car sold.

You might wish these things, but they aren't going to happen. Now that we all know IB cells are to be avoided, and that the EnerG and EP cells are returning to be like they used to be, there are no longer any problems with NiMh. Also, in Europe, we have the Orion SHO cells (essentially a 3700 cell) that are apparently as bullet-proof as an old NiCad.

Before you make comments that people might take seriously, wouldn't it be better to think it through, and not predict the demise of RC for the majority of drivers? An irresponsible, and unsupportable comment, at best.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Hers's a couple picks of my 10R with lipo's. (I just coul'nt bring myself to puting round cells in it). The packs are Common Sense RC 2000mah 7.4 ran in parallel(giving 4000mah). They fit great with no mods or rasing the deck. The car is a touch under weight which will allow me to put weight where needed.
I just wanted to report that I ran this car for the first time and it was freaking killer. The set-up shown in the pictures was super balanced and very easy to drive. The 13.5 is in fact way to much motor with a lipo (for most drivers). I will be putting the 17.5 in for the next run, but the lipo has got to stay.

I know what your saying. And yes, I too think 4-cell is likely to be the way this class will run for a while. And yes I should probably be testing and practicing with said cells. But to heck with that lipo's are way to easy!

Buy the way anyone looking for a tough car to get started in pro-10 with, this is it. Im fairly sure this car could survive a run-in with at least a good sized freight train.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jason, do you know if any of the BMI guys will be at the Holloween classic in Cleveland? I'm thinking about going and put the 10R in the show.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Question

Do you feel that the old school t bar car is out dated,I see that more of the companys are going to side sprung cars.Can a good T bar car still be competive?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JCarr
Hey Jason, do you know if any of the BMI guys will be at the Holloween classic in Cleveland? I'm thinking about going and put the 10R in the show.
Not sure yet. I decided against doing what alot of companies do in respect to paying top drivers to make my car look good. I would rather let my cars sell themselves in the hands of the people who are paying for them. If i pay someone to say my car is the best, it doesnt do much for me. When a paying customer is overly pleased with the car, it means much more to me. I want the customers to be happy.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Local racer
Do you feel that the old school t bar car is out dated,I see that more of the companys are going to side sprung cars.Can a good T bar car still be competive?
T bar cars are excellent. We just wanted to achieve the highpoints of both link and T bar cars. This is why we went with a 3 pivot design and flextures as opposed to the side springs and 3 pivot.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.