R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #511
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the set on your website? I didn't see it. Do you have any suggestions on the rear skipping? The front is planted but the rear is skipping sideways. It's not spinning out, but it does make me slow down more than I would like.

EDIT: I found the Moulded set I think, DB2015. I was looking for a machined set.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves

Last edited by JCarr; 08-18-2008 at 10:59 AM.
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #512
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The front end spacers are under accessories. They should be on the 2nd page of that section.

It sounds like the damper fluid in your tubes may be a little too thick. Try going a little thinner until the car smoothes out and you should be good.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #513
Tech Master

Thanks Jason, I had 10,000 in them before and switched to 7,000. I'll try 5,000 and see how that goes. I already know 3,000 is too thin. You don't sell the machined adjusters in a set do you?

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #514
Tech Adept

Just finished building mine, quality is excellent as usual.
Hope to get it on the track this weekend weather permitting.

Jason
jasonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #515
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Got your email buddy. I should have the lipo trays out for anodize tommorow. I got your email. I will be putting the prices together for you today. Thanks for your patience.

The saddle pack is nice but on the tall side. The max amps 4000 pack is perfect and not very expensive.

No prob mate , good things come to those who wait
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 AM   #516
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

J,
two words.....
FREAKING RAD....Yea back to the 80's
I had mine out just as a practice as no one else had their's out.
I also posted in the Ko Propo Grand Prix thread about maybe a expedition class for it. You know since its a month after IIC and it gets a little more exposer.

Now about how she ran...
Well I didn't realize how responsive my KO servo was until one corner and broke the battery adjuster...So be looking for my order...LOL
But she was easy as pie to drive and drive fast with 13.5LRP and 4 cell. I thought on really high bit tracks a 10.5 would be really fun.
I had only RC4Less Pinks front and rear and used Niftech for 45minutes before...had lots of traction...Only thing I have to play with now is exit speed, I feel like I am scrubbing a little (but you know a little each corner is alot) kind of like I need a little more rear bite, but only a touch cause too much more and the front would get out of wack IMHO...Any thoughts.

If we can get this class at KO Grand Prix that would be dialed. If you know Robert at KO or Billy at Speedworld, maybe a little hint.... Yea I would pay a little fee extra for a qual and a main...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #517
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie View Post
J,
two words.....
I also posted in the Ko Propo Grand Prix thread about maybe a expedition class for it. You know since its a month after IIC and it gets a little more exposer.

Now about how she ran...
Well I didn't realize how responsive my KO servo was until one corner and broke the battery adjuster...So be looking for my order...LOL
But she was easy as pie to drive and drive fast with 13.5LRP and 4 cell. I thought on really high bit tracks a 10.5 would be really fun.
I had only RC4Less Pinks front and rear and used Niftech for 45minutes before...had lots of traction...Only thing I have to play with now is exit speed, I feel like I am scrubbing a little (but you know a little each corner is alot) kind of like I need a little more rear bite, but only a touch cause too much more and the front would get out of wack IMHO...Any thoughts.

If we can get this class at KO Grand Prix that would be dialed. If you know Robert at KO or Billy at Speedworld, maybe a little hint.... Yea I would pay a little fee extra for a qual and a main...
-Shookie <><
Glad you had fun dude. I went to 5 degree blocks on mine and 6 degrees of castor. Car steers all through the corner and really stands out from the rest.
J Concepts
Old 08-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #518
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactory666 View Post
No one runs these cars down in my area and most of Australia so i am trying to get my local track to allow me to race with TC for no points.Problem is i can see a few of them complaining if they get into a tangle with me on the track and losing points , they will say that if i wasn't on the track they wouldn't of been in the accident and thus losing position .
At worst i'll just run in practice and between there rounds on my own
If they are tangling with you, tell them to move out of the way because a faster car is coming through.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #519
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Shookie what body did you go with your BMI? I am going to try to make it to bcr this weekend for a couple of hours but I am not 100% sure yet, hopefully I can make it for more test runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie View Post
J,
two words.....

Now about how she ran...

-Shookie <><
Old 08-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #520
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
Hey Shookie what body did you go with your BMI? I am going to try to make it to bcr this weekend for a couple of hours but I am not 100% sure yet, hopefully I can make it for more test runs.
Corvette C6 PROTOFORM...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #521
Tech Master

Hi guys, just to let you know that I have my brand new 10R here in the house and will start to build it over the next few days. Any hints and tips for building? Castor blocks, ride height , etc? Thanks in adavance and I'll put some pics on here once it's done! Cheers, Chris.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #522
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
If they are tangling with you, tell them to move out of the way because a faster car is coming through.
I did this at my track last season. I broke my TC in practice before qualifying and didn't have the part I needed. I did happen to have my 10L3t handy so I asked the race director if I could just run it for no points. He told me to disconnect my transponder, not to overtake anyone and let people by. I only over took people when they crashed and ended up sitting right up the arse of the guy who was leading the qualifier for about 3-4 laps. We were laughing about it on the driver's stand but he was starting to get a little pissed so I backed off. Obviously I started in last place in the 'D' main and the race director let me reconnect my transponder but I had to abide by the previous rules of not overtaking anyone and having to let people by. Despite the no overtaking and stopping for 30-40 seconds I finished 3rd or 4th and about 2 laps down.
Rob Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #523
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman2 View Post
Hi guys, just to let you know that I have my brand new 10R here in the house and will start to build it over the next few days. Any hints and tips for building? Castor blocks, ride height , etc? Thanks in adavance and I'll put some pics on here once it's done! Cheers, Chris.
Most all of the building tips are in the instructions. I like to run the 5 degree blocks. They felt better to me. I run my ride height at 4mm for smooth tracks and 5-5.5mm for bumpy tracks. I dont run a split with tire such from front to rear. On asphalt i start them at 2.250 and carpet i start them at 2.100.
J Concepts
Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 AM   #524
Tech Initiate

Default BMI

Make sure you have a drill bit or reamer to do the steering knuckles, some of the BMI's i have sold, the guys musta glanced past this part and the front suspension has been binding on them.
Team Magic E4 4 Sale
BMI10R :-)
HWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #525
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWorld View Post
Make sure you have a drill bit or reamer to do the steering knuckles, some of the BMI's i have sold, the guys musta glanced past this part and the front suspension has been binding on them.
There is no reason to. Just let it sit on the pivot ball. If you ream the knuckles, it does nothing but ease the assemble of sliding them on the kingpins, and give you a ton of play.