R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ROAR 2002 Carpet Nats (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/2053-roar-2002-carpet-nats.html)

Racer X 12-21-2001 05:59 PM

ROAR 2002 Carpet Nats

Make your plans now as they will be here in no time! The location this year is Stockton, CA (the other coast this time). The folks who run the races at Ripon will be hosting the event. The dates are the last weekend on March (22-24?). Spec tire is looking like the Take Off 27s, pre-mounted on a rim with med inserts, no modifications allowed (i.e. changing inserts). Limit of two sets of tires. Stock will run a P2K2 motor. TC mod and stock, 1/12th scale 4 cell mod and stock and a seniors class of some sort (probably 1/12th mod?). Contact WWW.RiponSpeedway.Com for the official word, I'm just posting what I know.

Xpress 12-31-2001 10:37 PM

Just curious, what happens if the wheels they decide to use make my car over the 190 limit. Probably didn't think of that did ya. I thought the rule was foam tires, oops I forgot about your local racers. Nevermind that this is not a local race, it is the Nat's.

STLNLST 01-01-2002 09:02 AM

They fit on my car!

schurcr 01-01-2002 10:18 AM

Xpress ........ it's people like you that have this whole thing wrong. A rule was changed, change by a less than 5% vote of the membership. When ROAR worded the rule the rule was "should foams be allowed on carpet for 10th scale electric TC's". In no way was this rule a mandate to change to foam tires unlike the 170 or so people who voted to amend this rule wanted. This is ROAR's bad and a rule is a rule yet ROAR (executive comitte) choses to change and rewrite rules for it's own personnal agendas.

Xpress, if foams were as widely popular as you would like to have everybody belive then why are there no foams available from TRC or Jaco from the major distributors in this hobby? Why have the major ditributors droped TRC Plaids (touring car front foams) from there product lists? Why is Trackside. the host of the largest touring car race THe US Touring Car Championships running sedans on rubber? Maybe foams arent as popular as the 170 or so people that voted for them thought they were. Anyway's would you even be comming to the race? I think not, so quite your bitchen. So before you go spewing diareah from the mouth about locals and our track maybe, just maybe you should have your facts straight.

As far as wheel offset, I can't think of a current car or one produced in the last 3 years that use something other than the standard offset that is the current standard. Most people attending this event have newere chassis so this isn't an issue. But if there is anybody out there that plans on attending that is using soemthing other than the standard offset that is the current industy standard please drop me an email and I will definetly see what can be done.

schurcr 01-01-2002 10:30 AM

Anybody whising to attend this race should check the www.riponspeedway.com web site for the latest information. Any postings on this thread in regards to what tire and handout motor we will be using is merly speculation at this point. ROAR is still holding up things on the foam vs. rubber issue. As soon as we get a decision form ROAR we will post all information and the entry form on our website.

In the mean time there are some current pictures of the track and new drivers stand. The Building that these pictures were taken in is about 12,000 sq. ft.. The building that we will be using for the nationals will be building number 1 which is 21,000 sq. ft. The track size is 120'x48'. We use 2" sq. pvc downspout velcroed to the carpet. For corners we are in transition from what we had, which was a very hard unforgiving corner to the new system which is a very flexible corner that doesn't break cars like the old and will be fully implimented by the time the nationals roll around.

As I am a local, and work at the track, any ligit questions people may have that are considering attending this race post here and I will do my best to answer them.

Kevin K 01-02-2002 05:32 PM

Wow this battle will rage on anywhere and anytime. I dont care where the nats are or what they are run on as long as ROAR or who ever can tell us what, where and when offically not local racers. Its funny to watch all these people saying this or that then someone else comes on and says well thats not right then yet someone esle comes on and says no offical word has yet been given. Where are the offical's when all this is going on....lol. The whole rule is worded like crap and ROAR's interp. of the rule is even more vague so we will all have to see what they say when they decide to let us all know whats going on.

As far as the rule for foams only being passed by 5% or what ever the 5min mod and 10 turn limit was passed by the same number of people and no one is complaining about that one. Is that rule going to be inforce at the nats? I see the delema as to the mandate of foams we need ROAR to come out and say what its going to be one way or the other.

Ohh the thing about the offset I know when I use Proline rims on my car its wider then when I use Yokomo rims and both say they are standard offset. So who's the standard for what car?

This debate and mud slinging will go on for days unless ROAR or the powers that be come out of hiding and tell us all what the dilly is for this race. Either way Im sure it will be a good race just some people like to cause trouble and like to get others mifted at them. Who cares lets race and have fun well try to have fun, if you guys can still remember how to:p

Xpress 01-02-2002 09:58 PM

Schurcr- Just wondering, since they are going to need a table to run tech, what are they going to use for a drivers stand?

schurcr 01-03-2002 12:39 AM

Exress ......... dude, chill out. Why this personnal attack on somehing you know nothing about. Take a look at this link, now this is a real drivers stand.

mo 01-03-2002 03:41 PM

I found this on TTT today. It looks like maybe the track does have a choice now.

MikeMayberry (Thursday, January 3, 2002, 6:17 p.m.)
As it was voted on... It's up to the track as to what tires will be run. They have a choice of either rubber or foam.

Mike.

wolfeman09 01-03-2002 04:19 PM

That sounds like good news since Rippon has already purchased the TakeOff CS 27s for this race.

Now we can practice.

mo 01-04-2002 11:26 AM

More from TTT:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MikeMayberry (Friday, January 4, 2002, 1:59 p.m.)
The rule as voted on was to allow the use of foam tires that were not legal to use last year. This gives the host track the opportunity to run foams if they choose. Not all carpet tracks in the country run foam tires. When the race comes to a track that chooses to run foams then you can run foams but if the track hands out rubber tires then that is what has to be run.

If indeed a carpet national is a world qualifier then rubber "may" be required but that is yet to be determined.

Yes, ROAR is a part of IFMAR. I know since I am ROAR's IFMAR director and vote on all the issues.

There is no right answer here... people will bitch no matter what tire is used so leaving up to the track is the right decision.

Mike.

STLNLST 01-04-2002 08:43 PM

It seems that Mike is backing up and eating his earlier comments.........funny:sneaky:

psycho 01-04-2002 09:43 PM

This whole thing reminds me of another 4 letter acronym... CART

schurcr 01-06-2002 11:21 AM

Well it's official ....... the 2002 ROAR Carpet Nationals will be a rubber tire race for sedans. The tire will be the Take-Off CS27, premounted on a cross spoked wheel with the standard medium insert the comes with the CS27's. You will receive one set of tires with your entry and be able to buy a second for qualifing, a 3rd for the mains and a 4th for the 'A' mains. Cost will be 20$ dollars for a set of 4.

The only tire sauce that will be allowed will be TQ Orange and one can will be included with everyones entry.

The stock handout motor will be the Trinity Handout, blue endbell based on the Paradox.

We will have a flyer posted on our web site this week with all the signup info, hotel info and such by weeks end maybe as early as wednesday. Check Ripon Speedway

wolfeman09 01-06-2002 05:48 PM

YES!!!! Rubber lives!!!!

See you all there.....