R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I always buy orange...
thats good value for money you get so much it huge and what is going on with that stupid way to wire a brushed motor.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
thats good value for money you get so much it huge and what is going on with that stupid way to wire a brushed motor.
I have one that's worked great, weekly, for well over a year.

I'm not knocking Tekin, I find the people upset interesting. Something brand new and totally innovative that's rushed to the public is bound to have some issues. The people screamed for this speedo, and a speedo they got. I'll most likely have one myself, next year.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I'll most likely have one myself, next year.
Don't wanna rush into anything, right?
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Patience is a virtue.

www.summitrcraceway.com

Last edited by sportpak; 02-08-2008 at 05:14 PM.
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
I remember watching people buying the JRXS and selling them a few weeks later because they were not handling at all on UK tracks. Didn't your team drivers test in all racing conditions to make sure it worked correctly ? I think not. I have a lot of respect for your work and think you have some interesting ideas, but in your position i wouldn't have a go at another company for not having been able to test their product in some racing conditions.
Most people expect the esc to work out of the package, like LRP, Novak, etc. Nothing is perfect, but that is a poor excuse for a poor product

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #51
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Well it might worked for you but I have numerous examples that people had problems with LRP/Nosram, Novak as well. I don't remember anyone "proposing" them to close their business, or bashing them so hard like here people do with Tekin.

I don't say that people that are having issues are lying or have something against Tekin, but come on guys relax. Tekin has already "admitted" that there is an issue and I'm sure they are doing everything they can to find a solution.

I find it very hard a company to release new product more than 1 year from it's first appearance and to be SUCH a failure as you people suggest.

If everything goes well, I'll give it a try next weekend together with a tekin 3t motor and get back with comments

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #52
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
Well it might worked for you but I have numerous examples that people had problems with LRP/Nosram, Novak as well. I don't remember anyone "proposing" them to close their business, or bashing them so hard like here people do with Tekin.

I don't say that people that are having issues are lying or have something against Tekin, but come on guys relax. Tekin has already "admitted" that there is an issue and I'm sure they are doing everything they can to find a solution.

I find it very hard a company to release new product more than 1 year from it's first appearance and to be SUCH a failure as you people suggest.

If everything goes well, I'll give it a try next weekend together with a tekin 3t motor and get back with comments
Testing it with a Tekin mod motor isnt what there complaining about, its the 10.5 and 13.5.....

So you testing it with a mod motor you probably wont have problems....
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_Me View Post
The above is based on ignorance of how running a business works. That and spreading rumor and hearsay based on ones own opinion versus fact.

Anyhow, I wanted to buy a Mini Rage, but if any of you are getting rid of your R1's, I'm sure it will fit (and run killer) in my M18T Pro. PM me.
so you run a buisness do you, i think not. I do and if i delayed delivery dates and released faulty products i would not have a buisess, asmy customers woud not stand for it, and rightly so.
lignum vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lignum vitae View Post
just remember guys this is not tekin as we remember it. the original founders sold the company, so it is now tekin in name alone. the person who bought it uses it as a hobby, not overly concerned if he gets the product out on time or not. witch in my opinion is a bad attitude, as the end user should be toying around not the manufacturer.

The original Tekin was horrible the last couple years it was in business. Poor support, plenty of defective products, repairs getting lost constantly, and the list goes on. This new Tekin has been a good company over all and has put out very good products with little or no problems until the R1. Not to mention they multitude of businesses that have grown in this hobby that were orginally started as a hobby.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Quote:
so you run a buisness do you, i think not. I do and if i delayed delivery dates and released faulty products i would not have a buisess, asmy customers woud not stand for it, and rightly so.
Many of the companies in the industry have experienced these problems and come out just fine. Tekin is no exception to the rule.

Tekin delayed production for a reason. They were trying to bring to market a great product. But all they got here was complaining and pressure to bring to market a product that wasn't ready...well the customers got what they wanted, a product rushed to market that wasn't fully ready. Can't win either way
Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
just remember guys this is not tekin as we remember it. the original founders sold the company, so it is now tekin in name alone. the person who bought it uses it as a hobby, not overly concerned if he gets the product out on time or not. witch in my opinion is a bad attitude, as the end user should be toying around not the manufacturer.

lol ok this much I can say I have meet Jim and Sherri and they are very very nice people. I have ran for Tekin for the past 2 years and I can tell you that they have put there heart and sole into this company and there products. I am not one of these sponsor hores. I run for companies that have products that I want to run. and products that I believe in. Tekin is just that.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Tekin delayed production for a reason. They were trying to bring to market a great product. But all they got here was complaining and pressure to bring to market a product that wasn't ready...well the customers got what they wanted, a product rushed to market that wasn't fully ready. Can't win either way
I call BS. Tekin cant both say it was delayed for a reason and they rushed it b/c of customers. Lets be honest here. They thought it was ready and it wasnt. Dont get all upset b/c customers want your product. Thats a good thing.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
Well it might worked for you but I have numerous examples that people had problems with LRP/Nosram, Novak as well.
Come now...LOL...there's a big difference between "I blew up my speed control" and you get another one...and it doesn't do what it's supposed to do...ever.

If a Novak GTX wouldn't run with a brushed 27T, that would be a pretty big "party foul", right?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, it's just been kinda interesting to watch this situation develop. I kinda think there's a reason that nobody seems to have an ESC that runs the sensored motors...I think it may have just been a bit of hubris on Tekin's part. I do hope they sort it out..tiny speed controls are cool.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I call BS. Tekin cant both say it was delayed for a reason and they rushed it b/c of customers. Lets be honest here. They thought it was ready and it wasnt. Dont get all upset b/c customers want your product. Thats a good thing.
Point taken. Tekin has never said they rushed this product to market...but I have a sneaking suspician that they did even if they don't admit to it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I can think of one ESC that will run "sensored" motors......Sidewinder. I've already tried a novak 13.5, and LRP 10.5. I didnt have any cogging issues, just a little motor "noise" on a slow power up. Castle has won me over on price vs performance. Dont ask me about looks though......
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote