R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #46
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,542
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

just picked up the 20C version of the 4900 battery. Looking to see how well it goes.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #47
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I'm really liking my Trackpower 4900's. They fit awesome in my TC5. I've also developed a great mount that makes this a clean, slick looking combination that is absolutely bulletproof.

Will the 4900 trakpower lipo fit in the EU 007 xray?
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I'm really liking my Trackpower 4900's. They fit awesome in my TC5. I've also developed a great mount that makes this a clean, slick looking combination that is absolutely bulletproof.

Will the 4900 trakpower lipo fit in the EU 007 xray?
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #49
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
Will the 4900 trakpower lipo fit in the EU 007 xray?
I believe you have to raise the top deck so it clears
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #50
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I believe you have to raise the top deck so it clears
Are you sure?? I know the different between the us and eu version the us version top deck is much lower than eu version..
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
Are you sure?? I know the different between the us and eu version the us version top deck is much lower than eu version..

No I am not....

I know to fit a orion 4800 in one of the T2 series cars you raise the top deck

To many dang versions..
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 AM   #52
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 114
Default

I run the Trakpower 4900 in my 007 and to give it enough room to flex I run 1mm spacers underneath the top deck.
THancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic
 
Drewdc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I ran the 4900 in my 007 without spacers and it handled really bad. As soon as i put spacers under the topdeck it was on rails. The pack fits pretty well without spacers but it stops most of the chassis flex.
__________________
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90 View Post
I ran the 4900 in my 007 without spacers and it handled really bad. As soon as i put spacers under the topdeck it was on rails. The pack fits pretty well without spacers but it stops most of the chassis flex.
is your the EU or US carpet version?
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THancock View Post
I run the Trakpower 4900 in my 007 and to give it enough room to flex I run 1mm spacers underneath the top deck.

is your the EU or US carpet version?
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic
 
Drewdc90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Its the EU.
__________________
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #57
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
Default

someone knows what kind of cells are inside the trak 4900 25c?
saciccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #58
Tech Elite
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saciccio View Post
someone knows what kind of cells are inside the trak 4900 25c?
TrakPower is enerland cells..
__________________
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dartford, U.K.
Posts: 55
Default

Hi, anybody got any pictures of what work is needed to fit a 25c 4900 to the original T2?. I guess that you have to machine the spike off the bulkhead, but do you have to mod the bulkhead where the top deck mounts?.
Many thanks for any help.
xraydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #60
Tech Master
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydad View Post
Hi, anybody got any pictures of what work is needed to fit a 25c 4900 to the original T2?. I guess that you have to machine the spike off the bulkhead, but do you have to mod the bulkhead where the top deck mounts?.
Many thanks for any help.
Look up the Platinum Lipo thread the search for the xray t2. there are explanations in the of what to do and I think there is some pics also.
__________________
www.hobbyplexraceway.com

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trakpower saddle lipos scottk Australia For Sale/Trade 3 08-05-2008 02:52 AM
*** trakpower 4800 saddle lipos *** atomapapa R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 07-19-2008 04:05 PM
trakpower lipos nikkon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-09-2008 04:25 PM
2 TrakPower Lipos big kal R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 03-01-2008 02:05 PM
Trakpower Lipos, what plug? Cain Electric Off-Road 6 02-13-2008 04:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net