R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap

sampaio: Best to email Acer yourself with that enquiry. They can do different bearing kit configuations I think.

I use the ceramic nitride set (except in the rear upright) in my 415MSX. They are great, not too badly priced compared to other bearing companies, and the advantage being an overseas person is fast, free postage. I got my bearings within a week, from the US to Australia.

I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to upgrade from their kit bearings, especially if you live overseas.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF-Powered
Anyone using Acer bearings?

I was thinking buying their best bearing kit, the ceramic Nitride Pro bearing kit for my TRF414M. However when checking their website, I saw that they have two options, one is for 414M2, and the other one is for the 414WC. As I remembered, both kit should have the same amount of bearings, if not the WC should have more since it has one more belt tensioner than the regular M2, but on their website, the 414WC only has 16 bearings, and for M2, there are 20 bearings?!

Which is the right kit to buy for my 414M?

Also, what are your experience with Acer products?

Thanks for replying
TRF 414M and TRF 414M2 are the same car, just different colours you can get the set for the M2 no problem. I actually got a set of the ceramics in my 414M and they're awesome. However the ones for the layshaft came with a weird shield, but admittedly those bearings don't really need to be ceramics, the tandard ones never seize and spin very free indeed.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #18
Tech Addict

only took dude 3 years to get that info
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:15 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

OMG....it really took three years to get that answer that is so funny
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant
With everyone stripping the grease from even aftermarket bearings, why doesn't a manufacturer make bearings with light oil to begin with? If you are going to go to the expense to buy aftermarket bearings, they should at least be better than stock bearings -- right? Am I missing something here (usually do)?
The companies can order bearings with mineral based oils that are very easy to clean out. Some use Aeroshell but there are normally many to choose from. The problem with the light oils is that they get smelly oil all over the place.

For most applications a standard bearing will do just fine. The difference in drag between standards and ceramics isn't enough to make a huge difference. You can gain a lot more from set-up and battery/motor/gear.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rigg
only took dude 3 years to get that info
Bahahahaha ! Didn't realize that thread was so old. Why was it put back up then ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF-Powered
Anyone using Acer bearings?

I was thinking buying their best bearing kit, the ceramic Nitride Pro bearing kit for my TRF414M. However when checking their website, I saw that they have two options, one is for 414M2, and the other one is for the 414WC. As I remembered, both kit should have the same amount of bearings, if not the WC should have more since it has one more belt tensioner than the regular M2, but on their website, the 414WC only has 16 bearings, and for M2, there are 20 bearings?!

Which is the right kit to buy for my 414M?

Also, what are your experience with Acer products?

Thanks for replying
I have no recommendation for the 414 application, but I can chime in on Acer bearings. I have had very good experience with them. I have purchased ceramic bearings from many different sources and I would buy Acer before all the rest. They seem to be the most durable I have owned. Good bearings .
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote