Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT 120

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is it metric? apart from the axles obviously.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
Is it metric? apart from the axles obviously.

All screws are metric.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by avs
here, maybe this will help clarify the situation with January 08' chassis plates. i added a white tapeline and marked the current hole locations and added black lines on the posts to indicate their respective hole locations. the only way to fit a 3650 servo is by elongating the hole on right in the picture.

Attachment 406014
From your picture I think the right side post is ok.
The left would need a new hole. If the markings you put on the posts are to indicate the respective positions of the offset holes, I think you could drill a new hole to the right of the original hole.

If you drill about 2 - 2.5mm and then countersink from the bottom before making the hole 3mm I believe it will work without running into the stock hole.

I agree the hole locations need some work... They were moved because the futaba servo didn't fit the original holes. The change messed up the JR....

We'll look into slotted holes.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
From your picture I think the right side post is ok.
The left would need a new hole. If the markings you put on the posts are to indicate the respective positions of the offset holes, I think you could drill a new hole to the right of the original hole.

If you drill about 2 - 2.5mm and then countersink from the bottom before making the hole 3mm I believe it will work without running into the stock hole.

I agree the hole locations need some work... They were moved because the futaba servo didn't fit the original holes. The change messed up the JR....

We'll look into slotted holes.
agreed, except i don't see any real value in 2 sets of mirror image hole locations, why not use each set to address each servo configuration?

a slot would cover a wider range but then the trick post machining is wasted effort.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
hey, pm me or post the part number for those nuts cause that was one of my complaints..

thanks

Here you go Patrick..

http://hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/z676.html
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by C Verano
Their shipping is completely ridiculous. $9.18 to ship 1 package ($2.00 worth) of wheel nuts? Are you kidding me? FedEx Standard Overnight is $43.18??? Pass me some of whatever they are smoking...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by avs
agreed, except i don't see any real value in 2 sets of mirror image hole locations, why not use each set to address each servo configuration?

a slot would cover a wider range but then the trick post machining is wasted effort.
The good thing of the mirror holes is you're able to choose to run the servo left and right.
But that is assuming the holes are in the correct places to use all popular servo's.
I agree with slotted holes the need for offset posts is gone. We'll look into the options available. For the moment bring out the dremel!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Their shipping is completely ridiculous. $9.18 to ship 1 package ($2.00 worth) of wheel nuts? Are you kidding me? FedEx Standard Overnight is $43.18??? Pass me some of whatever they are smoking...

I was just showing Patrick the nut and part number..
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
I was just showing Patrick the nut and part number..
Stop showing your nutz and number? I will not say it again! What up Torrance!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Stop showing your nutz and number? I will not say it again! What up Torrance!

What's going on Jersey..How have you been? I haven't seen you in a long time.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i am all sad now cause chris showed me his nuts..

that and the ONE time I had my car out it was on asphalt and there was less grip than any track I have EVER run. lame lol.. NEVER got full throttle with a 10.5 how weak is that?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
i am all sad now cause chris showed me his nuts..

that and the ONE time I had my car out it was on asphalt and there was less grip than any track I have EVER run. lame lol.. NEVER got full throttle with a 10.5 how weak is that?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Did anyone ever figure out which part was the incorrect part in the new kits, the King Pin or the pivot ball?

And if I order replacements to fix the problem am I going to get the same parts I already have?

thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Did anyone ever figure out which part was the incorrect part in the new kits, the King Pin or the pivot ball?

And if I order replacements to fix the problem am I going to get the same parts I already have?

thanks
You should get the new ones I would think. I got T-Bars a week ago and it looks like a running change. I received the updated ones!! Oh I got a sick set-up for the car. PM me and I will LYK
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX

thanks
after getting poor results with grinding the pins to fit, i ordered a set of kingpins this past weekend from Stormer and got 0.125" diameter pins. these work with the 'team assosciated' pivot balls which seem to fit ok in the lower arms.

so for now i suggest just purchasing assosciated pivot balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.