SERPENT 120

Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Well it's a really nice looking rear pod and axle. The tweak screws and roll spring design is pretty inovative being able to change spring rate without changing springs. But looks like more hassle then it is worth.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

The side-shock is in there, silver with gold-ish shafts, AE-style.
But the center shock seems to be missing though...
Old 03-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

At last! Thanks for the pics Rick, looks interesting...we'll see if its the final version though. Cheers.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

It's most likely not the production version yet. For example there was a lot of discussion about the rear pod. Most people don't think it's strong enough. Because when being hit, there is a big chance of breaking or reforming *don't know the correct word*
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Markus will be happy with these pics....
Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

The car was displayed to the public on the Masters of 12scale this weekend. At first it was under the pit table of Markus and on friday I took a glimpse at the car without the body. I asked him if I could take some pictures but he said no. On sunday the S120 was displayed on a table near the restaurant area along with the S500 and later on the S240 joined them. This was done because the head-chief of Serpent Holland was present at the event. So if it was displayed to the public, pictures were allowed so that's what I did. I took the pictures.

When I had the car in my hands on friday the center shock was present on the car so for everyone, don't worry... There will be a center shock on the S120. They just took it off, I guess for anti-theft reasons or something like that.

What I also heard when we were outside smoking a sigarette, this will be the production car as it will be shown on the Serpent site this week or the next.

Joost.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joost K.
The car was displayed to the public on the Masters of 12scale this weekend. At first it was under the pit table of Markus and on friday I took a glimpse at the car without the body. I asked him if I could take some pictures but he said no. On sunday the S120 was displayed on a table near the restaurant area along with the S500 and later on the S240 joined them. This was done because the head-chief of Serpent Holland was present at the event. So if it was displayed to the public, pictures were allowed so that's what I did. I took the pictures.

When I had the car in my hands on friday the center shock was present on the car so for everyone, don't worry... There will be a center shock on the S120. They just took it off, I guess for anti-theft reasons or something like that.

What I also heard when we were outside smoking a sigarette, this will be the production car as it will be shown on the Serpent site this week or the next.

Joost.
Hey Joost, You couldn't resist coming to rc tech
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Off coarse I couldn't
Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

If you guys remember, Hara and Moore were using a HB 12th car with a ali' rear end at the last world's, when the production car came out, it had a regular rear pod (carbon plates and ali' bulkheads). The Serpents car looks good though!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
New pictures of the Serpent 120. Made by Joost Kuiper during the Masters of 12th Scale:

size zero servo, wow, I need one of those more then the car
Old 03-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingman2
If you guys remember, Hara and Moore were using a HB 12th car with a ali' rear end at the last world's, when the production car came out, it had a regular rear pod (carbon plates and ali' bulkheads). The Serpents car looks good though!
That car still had two seperate aluminum motor plates and a aluminum bottom plate for better cooling. That item is still available as an option for the HB C12 now. But the car that Hara & Moore used at the last worlds was a Hara Hammer and not a HB C12. Now Moore runs a C12 production version. Still, for what I have heard out of the mouth of the chief of Serpent is that this will be the production version.

Joost K.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Wow, the car looks really impressive! It's great to see more and more innovations in 12th scale.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

well on the most recent episode of www.rctvlive.com they mentioned they will be having the 120 on the show. I am anxious to see how it stacks up against an ever growing 12th scale community. Car looks good
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Now i guess we'll just have to wait and see when the tentative price and release date will be.

i have a feeling it'll be around the price of the Corally car. if not more.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The front end looks interesting with the pivot-ball end link and those machined caster blocks. Possibly a bit on the heavy side. It also looks like the upper pin location is adjustable for the tuning of long vs short upper arms. I'm curious if it uses the ASC spacing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.