R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mr. Blonde has said that all the parts are from Serpent, no AE or CRC components. I don't see how it can have an Associated front end in that case.

I'm really looking forward to having a look at this car.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #47
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

definatly a new front end, looks very very nice.

Follows the new generation of T plate tweak adjustment and the coolest rear pod we have seen in a while. Ride ht adjustment a breeze. Just a few of the cool new features that have been refined and added to this car. Watch Markus he will have it on the track shortly to show what its capable of.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

i kinda like the AE frontend, lol. I dont care much for the Speedmerchant rev 4 design.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Are there any other pictures out there?
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
i kinda like the AE frontend, lol. I dont care much for the Speedmerchant rev 4 design.
I don't care for the AE front end, but I think the only reason is that I'm tired of seeing it after 20 or so years... The fact that almost everyone uses it (even Corally and CEFX who had their own front ends on their cars at first) says that it's definitely a front end that works.

I do like the Rev5 front end, but I also liked the Rev4 "old skool" AE front end on the track. The "old skool" front end was definitely a bit of a pain to work on (I'd lose a dozen or so e-clips every time I had to get the kingpin in and out) but considering that the "old skool" front end was around for 25 years or more says a LOT about Associated's front ends... they just seem to get the job done.

It will be VERY interesting to see what Serpent is bringing to the table... I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this car in person, or even a few detailed photos sans body...

It's a great time to be a pan-car enthusiast... with the seemingly imminent resurgence of the Pro Ten class, I'm anticipating a LOT of fun this year.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #51
Tech Addict

First of all AE is coming out with a new frond end with small mounting screws so all the previous AE front ends (AE, CRC, HB, ect...) won't fit the new AE car.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #52
Tech Elite

you can rest assured that the current front end won't be going away for awhile.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #53
Tech Adept

I've seen it today on some pictures.
i couldn't have m because they r still not released yet...
maybe i can tell you that the rear is indeed from a single piece of alum with hours of cnc machining on it I'd guess.
single side damper just like AE
but the main thing different is the T-bar tweak system. something with 2 leaf springs but i couldn't figure out how it worked out but it sure looked cool.

if just HB made this cool of a car, cauze i dont want to put on all these CRC parts because hb's just cant have a single notch from the walls...
anyone wanne swap with me when the 120 is out ???

Mark
Markiempje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Where are these pictures you saw?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #55
Tech Master

Hey Serpent,....hows about a 4wd nitro version since cranially deficient Kyosho won't bring theirs to the US................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited View Post
Hehe you are sooo funny.....NOT Besides that I got then a better paid job than with them!
Ahhhh.... you got there in the end. It doesn't matter how many races you win, it matters how much money you make. Well, guess what, it is the same for Serpent.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Major races in America are won by Speedmerchant, CRC, CEFX and other manufacturers. In Europe, Corally and HB win more races than Associated. Associated haven't won anything big for many years, and they are bringing out a new car, too.

In 12th Scale, the chassis design is very stable, and almost anyone can build a winning car if they have the right people doing the driving (like Mr. Blonde) - the class is nothing like Touring Car or Off-Road. It is very cheap to make a car (that rear pod, made in China, probably costs just a few dollars) and 12th drivers will always try something new.

Serpent will have invested comparatively little to produce this car, and so they could sell many less than a Touring Car and still make money - and I bet they sell more than enough to make money!

Perhaps the reason you were able to leave Serpent and find another job (to make more money) was that Serpent didn't mind if you left them?
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #57
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
some friends of me went to the toy fare and were allowed to take pictures as they're making a piece for a national RC magazine, here in holland.

oh the front end is like AE ? it has these round barrs with the thing in the middle? i've seen that before but dont know where.

mark
Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiempje View Post

oh the front end is like AE ? it has these round barrs with the thing in the middle? i've seen that before but dont know where.

mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Hey Serpent,....hows about a 4wd nitro version since cranially deficient Kyosho won't bring theirs to the US................
they need to see a market that you can create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Yeah, where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post

I do like the Rev5 front end, but I also liked the Rev4 "old skool" AE front end on the track. The "old skool" front end was definitely a bit of a pain to work on (I'd lose a dozen or so e-clips every time I had to get the kingpin in and out)
Dave You looked the best all season with that car [IMO]; Rev5. If it's more than 25 years does AE has pattents on it. What would be nice is an old skool AE front end that you can have the Left/R camber adjusted in an easier fashon that won't upset ride height. Buying a few arms to get a good match is not fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<>>NYC HOBBIES<<>>PROMATCHRACING<<>>TORNADO FUEL<<>>EUROTECKMOTORSOPRTS<<>>

(¯`It is, what it is!....If it's not broke, don't fix it.. Nobody does it better than ProMatch....12 scale 4 Life !..´¯)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drew_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiempje View Post
some friends of me went to the toy fare and were allowed to take pictures as they're making a piece for a national RC magazine, here in holland.

mark
Can you get them to post somewhere for everyone to see?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #60
Tech Adept

yeah, i asked to get the photos send to me by mail but they just couldn't do that. they had an agreement with Serpent to only use the pictures for the piece they 're writing for a magazine here in the Netherlands. and they could send me the pics but then I'd be very likely they aren't going to be invited to the toy fair next year

but i say,
it looks cool! oh i looked up what i was talking about, the front end is like asso:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_9kL5WFvtKAw/...h/DSC00025.JPG

and also the car is realy narrow, the batteries are positioned good close and the width of the chassis is just enough to carry the batteries.
servo is flat on the chassis.
yeah, and the rest i know i already posted sooooo

but i should say, dream on, and just wait you guys!

mark