R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #226
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tral View Post
Unfortunately not centered

Associated vs Serpent 0:4

T-bar
Front axles
Left hub
Servo posts
Did you try flipping the servo over and use the other holes in the chassis? I know that CRC puts to sets of holes in their chassis so you can use different widths of servos. For a JR3550, I have to use the holes on the left side of the chassis. For a Futaba 9602 or 9650, I have to use the holes on the right side of the chassis. I race Serpent 1/8th cars and they are always very detailed and well finished cars. I can't believe that Serpent would miss the target on how the servos mount.
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #227
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashby View Post
Did you try flipping the servo over and use the other holes in the chassis? I know that CRC puts to sets of holes in their chassis so you can use different widths of servos. For a JR3550, I have to use the holes on the left side of the chassis. For a Futaba 9602 or 9650, I have to use the holes on the right side of the chassis. I race Serpent 1/8th cars and they are always very detailed and well finished cars. I can't believe that Serpent would miss the target on how the servos mount.

I checked all positionsm also servo on left and servo on right. This is airtronics 91145, i used it in rc12l4, corally sp12m Ahoniemi edition and corally sp12x and was always centered.
Tral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #228
oze
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

2. Try following:
Use 45 weight oil (1400 cst) in the side damper and move the tweak backwards. (stiffer)
Worked damn good on my car tonight. (high grip track)
Hi Markus, what would you use on a bumpy track with high grip?
oze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #229
Tech Rookie
 
hultan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tral View Post
By the way, do you also have unbalanced left wheel? In my car left hub is badly made, it doesn't center left wheel.
Yes, it does not center(that sounded strange,yes does not), so I got a slight unbalanced rear left!
To make things worse I think my tiretruer or adapter for 1:12 is offline to. So it seems I have unbalanced wheels all around!

I will also try MrBlondes tips on oil in side damper on our surface thats not that high grip. I think it can work there to. But itīs a week away, we only drive sundays!

/Stefan

Last edited by hultan47; 10-13-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Nice spelling!
hultan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #230
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

@oze:
I actually ran on a bumpy track with the setup I quoted above.

@all:
I am running a JR servo (3650) and that is centered perfectly.
Markus
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #231
Tech Rookie
 
hultan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
2. Try following:
Use 45 weight oil (1400 cst) in the side damper and move the tweak backwards. (stiffer)
Worked damn good on my car tonight. (high grip track)
Greetz
Markus

Hello Markus
Thanx for all help, but I still have a question for you. Should I use the piston with 2 or 3 holes. Question goes for both dampers.

Best regards
Stefan
Sweden
hultan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #232
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

He!!
Use 3 holes in both!
Markus
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #233
Tech Rookie
 
hultan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 12
Default

Got new T-bars yesterday. Will try to fix the car, try different oils in side damper, hopefully break no T-bars this weekend.
If I look at the broken thick T-bar and the thin that I got yesteday it seems that the screw is not countersunk as much. For obvious reasons when the T-bar is not as thick
Hope Markus is right when he thinks the thin T-bar is better lasting!!

/Stefan
hultan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #234
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

He!!!!!
Be sure the thin t-bar is much! better!
Also there will come new thick ones in a couple of days.
Markus
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #235
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 364
Default

Hi guys:

The S120 is finally in US, we got our first shipment this week. As you all heard we are organizing the new warehouse. This kits will be soon on local hobby shops.

Regards
Edgar
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #236
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

He guys!
Went to practice again on thursday and friday and found out some more.
Go to 1400st oil in the side damper. Use 0,55 springs front with a 3 degree caster block. Also take a red center shock spring.

I used Jaco Prism dp rears with Jaco Prism magenta fronts....car was flying now and I set a new track record at my home track.
Apply rear additive 20 min before race and front 5-10 minutes (half).
Have fun!
Markus

P.S.: I used a Parma Speed 8 HD shell.
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #237
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

P.S.: I used a Parma Speed 8 HD shell.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #238
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Germany, close to Holland
Posts: 220
Default

*lol*
__________________
Speedtech RC Germany-Home of MobGums tyres

--------12scale addicted---------
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #239
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Morlaix FRANCE
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
He guys!
Went to practice again on thursday and friday and found out some more.
Go to 1400st oil in the side damper. Use 0,55 springs front with a 3 degree caster block. Also take a red center shock spring.

I used Jaco Prism dp rears with Jaco Prism magenta fronts....car was flying now and I set a new track record at my home track.
Apply rear additive 20 min before race and front 5-10 minutes (half).
Have fun!
Markus

P.S.: I used a Parma Speed 8 HD shell.
Thx for all Markus

Regards
Jean-Alain

...the french friend of Ronald!
JudgeFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #240
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium View Post
Hi guys:

The S120 is finally in US, we got our first shipment this week. As you all heard we are organizing the new warehouse. This kits will be soon on local hobby shops.

Regards
Edgar
damn i cant find one...who has it?
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net