Search

Roar Approved Brushless motors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Roar Approved Brushless motors.

Not intending to stir the pot, but...

With still no approved brushless motors for stock or Superstock the tight time frame to Carpet Nationals AND the fact that 17.5 are non exsistent in LHS or Mail order and 13.5 are only a little more available and then from only a few of the manufactures.

How is ROAR going to handle the 'readily available' aspect of the rules and will we see an approval list within the time frame prior to?
I know these things take time but right now so does trying to find one
Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Per the rules, the companies must provide documentation of availability of the motors and also documentation of supply in house of the motors. (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...roval_form.pdf)

Retail availability is a tricky one although we will verify this. The rule is 2 weeks prior to the event, which means everything must be done and on the list by 2/26/08. There are several companies with their products in the process now being approved and several who have contacted us they will be sending their products in.... each of them has been told ... again, 2/26/08 is the cut off and no extensions will be granted.

ROAR provided the rules for lipo and brushless in the middle of January and each company was notified much earlier in the year of 2007 this was coming so there has been plenty of time to prepare. Also, the brushless rules were written by a committee of MFG representatives - so of course, they knew this was coming as well.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

you mean ROAR can't approve motors and batteries based on what the manufacturer's post here?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What motors will be safe to purchase now?? Novak, LRP, Trinity??? Any that you know will not be legal?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Of course it's safe to buy a trinity motor, have you ever seen Roar not approve any of the junk Trinity makes.

They could put their name on a pile of dog crap, and roar would still get their big rubber stamp out.

Grant
Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I hear ya on the Trinity stuff, I have seen a 13.5 smoke already, although it was a prototype. But I have a LRP 17.5 and 13.5 on the way and I think they use 14mm rotor, and the Novaks use a 13mm rotor, are these legal?? The rules state 12.5mm I think. Can you use ceramic bearings in them?

Still waiting to send in the entries till I know for sure.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Actually the Novak 13.5 has a 12.3 sintered rotor that is standard on the pro series motors. The 13mm rotor is a tuning rotor that has to be bought seperatly.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
......But I have a LRP 17.5 and 13.5 on the way and I think they use 14mm rotor, and the Novaks use a 13mm rotor, are these legal?? The rules state 12.5mm I think. Can you use ceramic bearings in them?

Still waiting to send in the entries till I know for sure.
Rotor diameters can be 12.3mm to 12.5mm, only. Novak is waiting for ROAR approval on all three motors---10.5, 13.5 and 17.5. Novak's 13mm rotor is an optional tuning rotor developed for mod racing and not allowed in ROAR Stock/Super Stock. We have been shipping 17.5 since last August. Supplies are tight, and many distributors are out of stock.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme

With still no approved brushless motors for stock or Superstock the tight time frame to Carpet Nationals AND the fact that 17.5 are non exsistent in LHS or Mail order and 13.5 are only a little more available and then from only a few of the manufactures.

How is ROAR going to handle the 'readily available' aspect of the rules and will we see an approval list within the time frame prior to?

Guess you should have bought one when I told you to.
Do you like your crow original or extra crispy?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

I came back here to answer any questions but after reading the comments regarding rubber stamping and crap approvals, I'll just assume there are no questions needing answers and let some of you make your own assumptions.

And, its often asked why ROAR doesn't participate more in forums.

As for whats approved.. we are working on that as quick as possible..... as I stated, I know Novak has been through the BL process and I'm not aware of any other motors submitted as of yet. Regarding Lipo, I know Orion and Checkpoint have been through and Losi has theirs in for testing now. That's all I know of...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Guess you should have bought one when I told you to.
Do you like your crow original or extra crispy?

LMFAO
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme

Ken, let me know if you want to barrow the 17.5....I wont get to use mine any time soon
Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
As for whats approved..... as I stated, I know Novak has been through the BL process and I'm not aware of any other motors submitted as of yet. ...
Interesting !! lets hope this is an instance of you just not having the info and not that the manufacturers really have'nt submitted either way not your fault and I appreciate your participation in the open discussions.

Sportpak: If it would not embarass you infront of the little lady I would have taken that motor from you while you were snoozing between the sweeper and the haipin last night

Convict: I may just take you up on that offer, you going to run this Sunday?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Don't you have 2 12th scale cars with a brushless motor in them? Yet, I always see the blue can in the back of the car going around the track? You 12th scalers need to move on already.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Dawn, Don't pay attention.

Dawn,

Please do not pay any attention to the couple of morons that frequent this forum.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Thanks for taking the time keeping us "in the know".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.