R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #31
Tech Regular

If they have a wardrobe malfunction just say "sorry" and go. And if you're in the B main at a big race just drive right through the leader. That's how to pass in TC. It doesn't make you a hack. Honest it doesn't. The drive thru window is open and you're hungry so let er eat. If you miss in the sweper, get em on the infield. It's not a hack. And if it's really obvious just blurt out "sorry" because that makes it all better.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
Here's the situation: It's any big race of your choice, A-Main. You're running in second place, and using a regular weight body. The leader is using a lightweight body. For the purpose of this discussion, the third place car is a lap down.

Upon trying a pass, you LIGHTLY touch. His body tucks. This is the kind of tap in which, if the leader were also using a regular weight body, there would be no tuck and he could continue on.

What do you do?

A. Do you stop and wait for a marshall to un-tuck his body, and then allow him to continue on in front of you?

or

B. You immediately continue on with the race and take the lead. After all, why should YOU be penalized for the fact HE took the chance by running the lightweight body?

I think the question of a lightweight body does not come into play at all. The race director or referee should determine if the contact as a result of the passing attack was incidental or blatant.
While on the stand, if you have decided that the resulting contact was incidental, no reason to wait. Some incidental contact results in a car being ejected from the racing surface...still incidental, no need to wait -others result in a body tuck.
If the attack was blatant, I have to give you kudos for the knife like precision you have to tuck that body in!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #33
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
Take a look at the photo with a rear shock tower hanging off of the back of the car prevent tucking. Remove weight from the body and turn around and hang it off the back of your car.
I have been doing that for a few years now on the nitro touring body with heavy wt bodies. they all tuck.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
I have been doing that for a few years now on the nitro touring body with heavy wt bodies. they all tuck.
I guess you missed my point. I was just showing the extra precautions that must be taken in order to run paper thin bodies on carpet tracks with pvc and 2x4 for barriers. Rarely do we see a "REGULAR" weight body get tucked on the carpet and if it does it was a serious hit or someone did not mount the body very well.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
YOUR fault you've touched him so you WAIT no matter what shell he's using. What is wrong with you people?
Wrong. Destroy everything in your path on the way to the front. Haven't you ever raced a touring car??

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Wrong. Destroy everything in your path on the way to the front. Haven't you ever raced a touring car??
Great post, but I think to be 100% accurate, the sentence would end with 1/8 buggy, LOL!!
Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
Here's the situation: It's any big race of your choice, A-Main. You're running in second place, and using a regular weight body. The leader is using a lightweight body. For the purpose of this discussion, the third place car is a lap down.

Upon trying a pass, you LIGHTLY touch. His body tucks. This is the kind of tap in which, if the leader were also using a regular weight body, there would be no tuck and he could continue on.

What do you do?

A. Do you stop and wait for a marshall to un-tuck his body, and then allow him to continue on in front of you?

or

B. You immediately continue on with the race and take the lead. After all, why should YOU be penalized for the fact HE took the chance by running the lightweight body?

hammer down that's his tuff luck. never understood this hole touring car pull over and wait thing. It's called racing not pull over and wait because my pass was a 3 on a 1-10 scale.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (90%+)

If you can't pass clean, then...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #39
Tech Champion

...DESTROY

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #40
Tech Lord

That was not a hack. Its how I pass........

I would say rubbing is racing.
But if it causes the lead car to pull over its not rubbing.
If I rub and go no big deal.....catch me if you can?
I think a tuck is more than a rub. And constitutes sportsmanship. If it stalls the car to continue pursuit.

Its really no different than if you stuff some one into the pipe if they cant continue on. And falls into that categorization I think.

Now on the other hand you can say if you don't cut the wheel well out its your own fault.
But we all know how that works out usually.
Its never my fault I lose a race, and its never because I was out classed.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So let me get this right...

If you tuck someone running a lightweight body, most think you should wait... if he's running a regular body you go?

one big questions... How the hell do you tell what body he's running on track!

IMO, it requires discrestion on your behalf.... if it's a little love tap, than rubbings racing. If it's a take out (whether intentional or on purpose), you wait.

The type of body you run shouldn't come into it....

Ed
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IF you tap him and it looks like this then he's running a lightweight body:
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #43
Tech Adept

PULL OVER WAIT TEN SECONDS THEN COINTINUE THIRD PLACE IS STILL HALF A LAP BEHIND BY NOW THIS WAY EVERY ONE WINS AND IT SHOWS SPORTSMAN SHIP AND FAIR PLAY. SHAKE HIS HAND AT THE END OF THE RACE TO SHOW NO HARM CAUSED DELIBERATELY NO BAD FEELING ARE CARRIED TO THE NEXT RACE BY EITHER PARTY OR HIS FRIENDS
NOBODY LOOSES OUT
Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #44
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
So let me get this right...

If you tuck someone running a lightweight body, most think you should wait... if he's running a regular body you go?

one big questions... How the hell do you tell what body he's running on track!

IMO, it requires discrestion on your behalf.... if it's a little love tap, than rubbings racing. If it's a take out (whether intentional or on purpose), you wait.

The type of body you run shouldn't come into it....

Ed
+1
Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ain't stoppin for a body tuck. You wanna run the flimsiest equipment to OCD the last bit of weight out of the car go ahead by all means. Don't come whinning to me when your car can't finish. Let go of you momma's hand!