Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can space the axles in 2 ways.
Use spacer rings between the wheel and the hex or use de outer cups of the E4D axles and then you can use the Kyosho hex or the Wolf hobbies hexes.
Wolf got them with offset and all.
The parts number of the E4D axles are 503303.
The E4D outer axle cup eleminates a lot of play on the axle 2 if you use them.

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Rax
Hi guys just bought an E4RS and am trying to get it set up for asphalt the problem i'm having is how to get the track width of the car out to 190 rear and 189 front. I am in Perth Australia and am the only one using Team magic at the local track. I hot good results with the E4 and will hopefully do better with the RS. I cant seem to find an aftermarket hex that might help with offset, does anyone have any advice for me please.
Thanks
Rax

Last edited by Pro10noob; 09-01-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had some issues when testing out my setting for my Tekin RS Pro. While holding the car in the air and applying throttle, the rubber O ring that holds the pin in the back drive gear expanded, releasing the pin, thus throwing the gear. I'm assuming that this is because of centrifugal force expanding the rubber O ring. I'm also sure that having the car unladen added to the high speeds. My question is; is this O ring expansion common?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phisher
I had some issues when testing out my setting for my Tekin RS Pro. While holding the car in the air and applying throttle, the rubber O ring that holds the pin in the back drive gear expanded, releasing the pin, thus throwing the gear. I'm assuming that this is because of centrifugal force expanding the rubber O ring. I'm also sure that having the car unladen added to the high speeds. My question is; is this O ring expansion common?
Yes the o-ring issue is fairly common especially if they are old or over stretched. You can order replacement o-rings from McMaster-Carr in a stiffer shore and perhaps slightly smaller I.D.
I don't have a part # off the top of my head but there are many to choose from.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Yes the o-ring issue is fairly common especially if they are old or over stretched. You can order replacement o-rings from McMaster-Carr in a stiffer shore and perhaps slightly smaller I.D.
I don't have a part # off the top of my head but there are many to choose from.
Thanks. If you come across the part number PM it to me. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Rax
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
You can space the axles in 2 ways.
Use spacer rings between the wheel and the hex or use de outer cups of the E4D axles and then you can use the Kyosho hex or the Wolf hobbies hexes.
Wolf got them with offset and all.
The parts number of the E4D axles are 503303.
The E4D outer axle cup eleminates a lot of play on the axle 2 if you use them.

cheers Roy
Thanks I will give these a go
Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The O-ring only expands when their is no load on the drivetrain.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Here's my comparison between Orginal E4 chassis and the RS '09 with the same setup.

Original E4:

1. Generates more steering.
2. Car reacts quicker on very little steering input from the driver.
3. Corners quicker on the apex because the car transition side to side faster.

E4 RS '09:

1. I noticed a little bit of understeer.
2. RS '09 Carry more corner speed and more planted on the high speed sweeper this is due to bigger cut out on the chassis making the chassis to flex more giving you more grip. "However I did use the top deck I modified" because with the stock RS '09 top deck it made the car stiffer and suffer from under steer and lack of rear end grip.

Originally Posted by Rax
Hi guys just bought an E4RS and am trying to get it set up for asphalt the problem i'm having is how to get the track width of the car out to 190 rear and 189 front. I am in Perth Australia and am the only one using Team magic at the local track. I hot good results with the E4 and will hopefully do better with the RS. I cant seem to find an aftermarket hex that might help with offset, does anyone have any advice for me please.
Thanks
Rax
Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Motors that will fit

I got a Original E4 FS/RS Dual Steering Crank. (NOT 09)

I miss matched the parts to get the correct flex I wanted.
Stiff Main Plate and Soft Top Deck. (But the Motor bay remains the same)

I have been Running a Ballistic Novak Motor. (Very Short Can)
I know I can fit the old style Novak Motor also. (Biggest Can i was able to fit)

Now the problem is, i know that i cannot fit any of the speed passion motors, and pretty much all sportsman style Fiago motors won't fit.

What motors are known to fit ?
I am interested in X-12 LRP motors. NOT the X-11
Does anyone know if they fit comfortably ?

-Pearl
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iPearl

I know I can fit the old style Novak Motor also. (Biggest Can i was able to fit)

Now the problem is, i know that i cannot fit any of the speed passion motors, and pretty much all sportsman style Fiago motors won't fit.

-Pearl

The LRP X12 will fit but it will be tight.

I've been told that the best motor (performance wise) is the Novak Ballistic. This coming from racers whom I've talked to who have tried just about every motor out there. So stick with the Novak. Its also the motor that best fits the E4.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks.
So i guess i stick to the Ballistic and get some more Stators.
Was hoping to have a larger motor selection ...

I like the Original E4 over 09, the 09 handling just alienated me.
But it has a larger motor selection.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a E4RS(not 009) and fitted the LRP X11(no problems),GM motors(you have to dremel a bit out of the chassis plate and a bit of the side belt tensioner) and the Tekin Redline(same as the GM) and the LRP X12(no problems).
If you use the K factory lipo conversion you got a bit more play with the space for the motor and spurs and pinions.
If you want power right low in the RPM range you should use the GM motor as this one has it.
If you want to go for the "screamers" go for the Tekin and or LRP.
Using the dual crank steering will give you a bit less steering and with the single crank set you get a bit more steering.
Hope this helps a bit.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by iPearl

-Pearl
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I was aware of the steering, that's why I had mixed up the chassis plates to create the desired effect, i also did some other top plate mods for other reasons. And for some odd reason I like the Dual better (it feels different, I own both), just preference i guess.

But in handling department i am happy, i did try a 09 version that i borrowed from my friend, i didn't like due to i couldn't get it to carve like my old one. I did tested it with a X-12 and i liked the added power.

The ballistic motors have a lot of Mid end which is great on medium or small technical track. coming out the turn and reaching top RPM on the straight away was nice.

I was hoping to get more mid and top end with the X-12. And the added motor size might add some weight. I forgot to see if the X-12 fit, and my friend had sold that motor ever since and switched over to a Tekin motor. Hence me asking here hehehe.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 09 Chassie tweaks

As far as i can see alot of you think that the original E4 is faster then the 09. pesonaly i think this is pretty strange when Team magic claim they have gone throu extensive development. I guess im easy to fool. What can i do wit my 09 chassie to make the car handle better in to corners. It seem like every time i think ive got the perfect setup ill get some understeer when the tires get hot. Im driving 3.5t in mod. Maybe the Fs chassie will get me that ekstra corner entry speed that i miss?. Yes im a noobe at onrad Racing. In off road i cant remember one car thas hasen`t been better then its predecessor. Maybe the Losi xxx-xxxx4

Last edited by VikNor; 09-04-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

This car like a really balance setup just make sure your front and rear seup is very close to make this car handle really good. The stock setup on the original E4 is a very good starting point and just make adjustment from their for different track surface.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok ill try that. Right now i use almost the same setup as all the Xray T3s at my local track two of those who gave me the tips where sponsored by TM and drove E4 untill 2010. I had a balanced setup when i arived but they told me it wouldnt work so i tried what they sad and put alot stiffer springs in the front and moved the top front shock mounts from hole 4 to one .. The result was alot of understeer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.