Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi, can anyone tell me the best FDR to run 11.5t. Starting FDR. Sorry if the question has been ask. couldn't find the page.

Thnks for the help
Old 05-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Humyu
Hi, can anyone tell me the best FDR to run 11.5t. Starting FDR. Sorry if the question has been ask. couldn't find the page.

Thnks for the help
That depends on what kind of track and what speedo set-up you are running. You're better off asking this question at the various ESC threads specific to your set-up. The IDR for the E4 is 2.0 so you can figure it out from there once you get the ideal FDR for your speedo set-up.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hello all,
I thought I'd get back to you all regarding the LiPo trays and Delrin outdrives for the TM spools.
Testing during the RROC last weekend went great! The new parts worked flawlessly with zero failures. The delrin outdrives made the car much smoother than ever with minimal front chatter. The dogbone pins looked like new and there was vitually no signs of wear on the outdrives.
I have a batch of these outdrives available for $10 per pair + shipping.
I used the aluminum LiPo tray on my car as well. This new tray has no problem with the larger batteries as I have designed them with a 47x138mm cavity.
The trays will only be offered in aluminum at this time as the minimum weight limit for TC has be reduced to 1425 grams and the heavy trays are no longer needed.
The cavity on the new trays allow the battery to sit just 1.5 mm from the bottom of the chassis and will accommodate strapping tape for added security. If your batteries have humps, no problem as the trays are cut to accommodate the humps to allow the pack to sit low in the tray providing the lowest CG possible.
The trays are selling for $45 each + shipping.
If you would like to place an order, please paypal me at [email protected] and I will get them out to you ASAP.
I am offering free shipping for those who want to purchase both the outdrives and a battery tray in one shipment.
If there is a demand for delrin trays, I will consider machining them as well for added flex and chassis tuning. (same pricing)
One added note about the outdrives: These will use the same retaining ring as the plastic diff outdrives rather than a sleeve over the delrin. This allows extra room for the dog pins and are readily available with the car kit and TM parts sources.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-dscn0477-comp.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-dscn0475.jpg  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well, I think I might have done an impulse buy at my local hobby shop. I picked up a new e4rs for $250. I did not read up much on them and have a few quick questions. I run around with my buddies around a empty and clean kohl's parking lot at night. I have read some things on the car, I love the look of it and so far am excited. Are there any parts I should really stock up on? Also curious what size lipo packs people are fitting on their cars. I will be running brushless in the car, hope this is not an issue. Or should I return the car since it has not been used or put together (the parts which are not already on it) and get something different. I just got a little scared with people talking about the difficulty to get parts and parts breaking. Also, I know I am going to be trying a couple high speed runs, any advice or setups for that?
Robert
Old 06-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyattroa
well, I think I might have done an impulse buy at my local hobby shop. I picked up a new e4rs for $250. I did not read up much on them and have a few quick questions. I run around with my buddies around a empty and clean kohl's parking lot at night. I have read some things on the car, I love the look of it and so far am excited. Are there any parts I should really stock up on? Also curious what size lipo packs people are fitting on their cars. I will be running brushless in the car, hope this is not an issue. Or should I return the car since it has not been used or put together (the parts which are not already on it) and get something different. I just got a little scared with people talking about the difficulty to get parts and parts breaking. Also, I know I am going to be trying a couple high speed runs, any advice or setups for that?
Robert
You got a great deal!
The E4 is a very good car especially if you intend to run a modified motor. The main things you should get are extra universal dog bones and the new PU belts. Wolf hobbies has plenty of parts in stock not to mention the hop up parts that he makes for the E4 cars. There is still plenty of support available, the car is just a bit behind on performance vs some of the others on the market. If you intend to bash around in a parking lot most of the time, the E4 will be just fine. Like any other TC, you will break it if you hit stuff hard. One of the main things to be careful of is to limit the steering throw to a reasonable angle so that you don't bind the shafts and the car is plenty durable.
I ran the entire RROC week without a single breakage. I was just not fast enough to get into the upper mains.
As far as batteries go, most will fit with the use of my LiPo battery trays.
The upper deck can be spaced up a couple of millimeters to gain a bit more space.
I ran the Fantom 5200/50c pack with room to spare.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
You got a great deal!
The E4 is a very good car especially if you intend to run a modified motor. The main things you should get are extra universal dog bones and the new PU belts. Wolf hobbies has plenty of parts in stock not to mention the hop up parts that he makes for the E4 cars. There is still plenty of support available, the car is just a bit behind on performance vs some of the others on the market. If you intend to bash around in a parking lot most of the time, the E4 will be just fine. Like any other TC, you will break it if you hit stuff hard. One of the main things to be careful of is to limit the steering throw to a reasonable angle so that you don't bind the shafts and the car is plenty durable.
I ran the entire RROC week without a single breakage. I was just not fast enough to get into the upper mains.
The upper deck can be spaced up a couple of millimeters to gain a bit more space.
You say with the use of YOUR lipo trays, is that as opposed to the stock try which comes with the car? I tried to test fit a couple of lipos I had laying around and they were both a no go, could not even get it into the provided area. Have you seen any issue with having to take out the 4 screws each time for a battery? any wear on those parts? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to catch up..lol.. the other on road I had was a tt-01..huge difference..lol
Robert

PS.. never mind about the trays.. I looked up a couple of posts..lol
Old 06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

You got a great deal!
was that a 2s or 3s battery? and would you know the measurement sizes for the battery tray by chance?
Robert

Last edited by wyattroa; 06-06-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

The battery tray that rick built is sweet and looks really nice.. We both run at the RROC And he has no issues on the Delrin outdrive and battery tray that he made.

I got question to all E4 RS 09' user does anyone of you guys having any sort of handling issues primarily with the E4 RS 09' version of the car? Seems like the car got issue with oversteer and lack of rear end grip no matter what I do with the car I can't get It to get planted... I race the car this weekend for a club race setting up the car exactly the same as my original E4 for MOD and the car is just All over the place no matter what I do I can't get It to handle right.. But the first version of the E4 that I got was planted and handles like a dream and really easy to drive with the same setup.

I check both of the car and see what am I doing wrong setup wise with my E4 09' what I noticed with the E4 09' correct me if I'm wrong but when I measured the motor I noticed the motor was moved towards the front few mm and the motor was also raised few mm which also raised the COG of the car by moving the motor more towards the front will cause Balance and handling issues from front to back we already know E4 got tons of steering but with motor moved few mm toward the front the car tends to oversteer and lack of rear end grip.

On the orginal E4 the motor was really low and flush on the bottom of the chassis which gives you the lowest COG And with motor more towards the rear this gives you tons of rear traction without sacrificing steering.

In conclusion the original E4 was built better and handles way a Lot better than the E4 RS 09'... Just my 2 cents...
Old 06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

these size batteries should fit correct.

L-137, W-20, H-45mm

also

L-137, W-24, H-45mm
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Height of the batteries should not be more than 23mm this is standard 2S hard case lipo packs.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Most lipo's up to 4000MAH hardcase will fit without major mods.
Up to 5000MAH you will need to space the top deck about 2 mm.
In both cases you need to dremel a bit of the front middle axle holder and of the side belt tensioner(where the lipo hit's it).
Above 5000MAH you need to space the top deck 4 mm.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Height of the batteries should not be more than 23mm this is standard 2S hard case lipo packs.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You got a great deal!
Not fast enough ? Do you think this is because of the drive train ?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
The battery tray that rick built is sweet and looks really nice.. We both run at the RROC And he has no issues on the Delrin outdrive and battery tray that he made.

I got question to all E4 RS 09' user does anyone of you guys having any sort of handling issues primarily with the E4 RS 09' version of the car? Seems like the car got issue with oversteer and lack of rear end grip no matter what I do with the car I can't get It to get planted... I race the car this weekend for a club race setting up the car exactly the same as my original E4 for MOD and the car is just All over the place no matter what I do I can't get It to handle right.. But the first version of the E4 that I got was planted and handles like a dream and really easy to drive with the same setup.

I check both of the car and see what am I doing wrong setup wise with my E4 09' what I noticed with the E4 09' correct me if I'm wrong but when I measured the motor I noticed the motor was moved towards the front few mm and the motor was also raised few mm which also raised the COG of the car by moving the motor more towards the front will cause Balance and handling issues from front to back we already know E4 got tons of steering but with motor moved few mm toward the front the car tends to oversteer and lack of rear end grip.

On the orginal E4 the motor was really low and flush on the bottom of the chassis which gives you the lowest COG And with motor more towards the rear this gives you tons of rear traction without sacrificing steering.

In conclusion the original E4 was built better and handles way a Lot better than the E4 RS 09'... Just my 2 cents...
dont they use different steering systems?

maybe thats why you cant get them setup the same
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter p
Not fast enough ? Do you think this is because of the drive train ?
As long as he has it free with no binding 3 belts shouldn't be a problem. I know when I had my E4FS my drivetrain was as free as most 2 belt cars and in most cases was better than pretty much everyone I race with unless they has the JRXS Type R which to me is the smoothest drivetrain of all.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

I got not problem with mine.... Battery fits perfect like glove.

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Most lipo's up to 4000MAH hardcase will fit without major mods.
Up to 5000MAH you will need to space the top deck about 2 mm.
In both cases you need to dremel a bit of the front middle axle holder and of the side belt tensioner(where the lipo hit's it).
Above 5000MAH you need to space the top deck 4 mm.

Regards Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.