Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
That is for the rear belt
The other pics are for the side and front belt.

regards Roy
What part is that front belt tensioner? I looked at the exploded view and can't find it there. Is it a Team Magic part? Or is it K-Factory?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
How do you adjust tension? Unlike other cars, I don't see anything on the diff bulkheads that allow for belt tension adjustments. Other cars like XRay or Tamiya have eccentrics on the diff bearing holder to allow for belt tension adjustment. Is there a way of adjusting tension that I don't know about? BTW the instructions I got were worthless. Can you shed some light on this?
The rear beltensioner adjustment is thru the bottom of the chassis using I think a 1.5mm or 2.0mm driver. When you turn clockwise it will tighten the tensioner. When you adjust it you can watch it move in and out.

The front one is on the top of the chassis as posted in the pic by Pro10noob. Screw is on the right side. Just loosen it up and you can then lower the tensioner and then tighten once you have it where you want it.

The side one is right in front of the motor on the left side which I'm sure you see. Works like the front tensioner as you just loosen the screw and then lower the tensioner and then tighten the screw back up once you get the tension you are looking for.

I normally adjust each tensioner with no pinion gear on. I tighten each one until I feel it slowing up my drivetrain as I turn it by hand. That way I keep the belts as tight as possible without binding the drivetrain up. Always worked good for me doing it this way.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The one for the side belt you should have on your car but in plastic and the front one is from the E4RS or E4FS.
I don't know if they are stock on the E4JS
The front tensioner is a Team Magic part and the Alloy side tensioner is K-factory.

regards Roy

What part is that front belt tensioner? I looked at the exploded view and can't find it there. Is it a Team Magic part? Or is it K-Factory?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
The one for the side belt you should have on your car but in plastic and the front one is from the E4RS or E4FS.
I don't know if they are stock on the E4JS
The front tensioner is a Team Magic part and the Alloy side tensioner is K-factory.

regards Roy
Thanks. The E4JS doesn't come with any tensioners on the front or the rear just the side. So I guess I'll be picking those up. Has anyone had any experience with the K-Factory ZF belts? Are they any better than the Team Magic PU belts?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Your forgot about the rear diff and front diff pulleys......believe it or not, I did the EXACT same thing like you did, side belt 1st, then 2 short belts, then all 4 small pulleys....then the last 2 diff pulley, not untill I replaced that last 2 pulleys and the skipping sound disappear...

BTW...you cannot leave the belt too loose. Especially if you ran for outdoor. Also, the K-factory belts does make the situaion better...(less skipping sound)
Thanks so have to change the diff pulleys also hmmm. now i notice that my side belt is very loose even when i adjusted the side belt tension-er. i'm using the standard side belt. and it is very loose. beside the k factory side belts any other options? I saw that the e4rs does not use any belt tensioner but the belt is snug fit. any ideas

thnks
Old 03-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everybody.

I have been thinking of buying a E4 RS since we race on asphalt tracks.
I would like to ask:

1) if it is possible to change several parts so that the E4RS will have the same internal ratio as the E4FS model and which parts require changing.
2) Is it possible to change the spool pulley in order to use it with the E4FS internal ratio?

My question might have been asked before but it is difficult to read through 209 pages.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alsanico
Hello everybody.

I have been thinking of buying a E4 RS since we race on asphalt tracks.
I would like to ask:

1) if it is possible to change several parts so that the E4RS will have the same internal ratio as the E4FS model and which parts require changing.
2) Is it possible to change the spool pulley in order to use it with the E4FS internal ratio?

My question might have been asked before but it is difficult to read through 209 pages.

Thanks a lot for your time.
1) YES....I think the FS ran the 18T little pulleys (inside front and rear) instead of the 17T for RS and your rear diff, front spool pulley is 1T less then the RS (34T?)...so total 2 little and 2 large pulleys.

2) That I am not sure the SPOOL pulley are able to be DETACHED from the rim.....your best choice is use a DIFF and made a limited slip spool, cheaper and better.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Humyu
Thanks so have to change the diff pulleys also hmmm. now i notice that my side belt is very loose even when i adjusted the side belt tension-er. i'm using the standard side belt. and it is very loose. beside the k factory side belts any other options? I saw that the e4rs does not use any belt tensioner but the belt is snug fit. any ideas

thnks
You can use the HPI front belt for the Hot Bodies Cyclone as it works for the side belt.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNZK9&P=ML
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
You can use the HPI front belt for the Hot Bodies Cyclone as it works for the side belt.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNZK9&P=ML

thnks wyd, is this belt the same as Hpi pro 3 belt?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thnks
Yes, I went thru exactly what you did....the stock side belt will be very loose after some run time no matter how much tension you did on the side bearing pulley...your options are try to use the hotbody Cyclone belt OR buy the K-Facotry option belt...

The K-factory belt I had...almost another year run time with it, STILL very tight, my side belt tensioner only dropped like 2mm from the top position. It does tighten up the whole transmission alittle but for sure, no skipping sound.

I mean, since you are buying a side belt, buy the front and rear K-factory one...these 3 belts does erased all the skipping sound with minimum tensioning.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Default K-Factory Upgrades

I've been debating over some time on the worthiness of these parts. They are to me some of the most expensive parts I've seen. Just wondering what your opinions are on whether these parts are "worth it" or not.

K2104

K2105
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I got the top part on one of my cars.
I takes out the slop on the rear end but you can also use the Wolf Hobbies part that is cheaper.
It also ads 1.5 degrees more toe in when needed.
The other part i don't have.
On my other car i have all the alloy parts from Wolf and that one ahse a lot less slop in the suspension and wheels.
Now going to try the alloy wheelhubs that are used on the E4JS and hopefully all slop is gone.
If you want those K-Factory parts cheaper then they normally are then use a certain not to mention shop in Hong Kong

regards Roy

I've been debating over some time on the worthiness of these parts. They are to me some of the most expensive parts I've seen. Just wondering what your opinions are on whether these parts are "worth it" or not.

K2104

K2105
Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

thnks wyd, is this belt the same as Hpi pro 3 belt?
Not sure if the Pro3 one is the same or not.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Rookie

@Solara
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I have been browsing through the parts list of both cars and they seem to be using a different rear belt as well. I guess this should not be a problem since they have been replace by new Wider parts if I understood that right.

I am bit worried concerning the batteries since I use saddle pack batteries because I own an old car. I will test them on a friend's E4FS car and then decide about the purchase.

Is anybody aware whether TM will release a new car? I have seen a new E4D car on their site.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Will consider the K factory belts. Just that is a bit difficult to get it at my LHS. Think have to order. Thnks Solara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.