Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Magic E4 Thread >

Team Magic E4 Thread

Team Magic E4 Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WHATS WITH ALL THE SLOP IN THE UPRIGHTS?
THE BUMPER ISNT VERY TOUGH EITHER.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
WHATS WITH ALL THE SLOP IN THE UPRIGHTS?
THE BUMPER ISNT VERY TOUGH EITHER.
dude for someone who runs this car you sure have a lot of complaints...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

HAHA what up corn. You ready for the birds mayne?? What ever slop no slop car is still bomb. You peeking on the thread shopping for a car? Str8 en out. Give me a call aight late
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
HAHA what up corn. You ready for the birds mayne?? What ever slop no slop car is still bomb. You peeking on the thread shopping for a car? Str8 en out. Give me a call aight late
Coopa you're such a gangsta! LOL
Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
dude for someone who runs this car you sure have a lot of complaints...
I have owned a lot of cars. Everything from 12th to 8th on and off road.
I have never seen such slop in ANY bearing holder in any location. The big bearings move around in the blocks so much you can not accurately adjust camber. Not only that but the rear toe in is affected greatly and compromises the stability of the car. As of right now I have not found this car competitive on the sticky carpet. All it does is steer way too much and usually spin out. And I do have a clue. Seems to me this cars forte has to be on the pavment. I have still to see a good carpet (one way) set up. The two on the wolf hobbies site dont work at all on my home track. But then again I have had little time to practice with it.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have never seen such slop in ANY bearing holder in any location. The big bearings move around in the blocks so much you can not accurately adjust camber. Not only that but the rear toe in is affected greatly and compromises the stability of the car. As of right now I have not found this car competitive on the sticky carpet. All it does is steer way too much and usually spin out. And I do have a clue. Seems to me this cars forte has to be on the pavment. I have still to see a good carpet (one way) set up. The two on the wolf hobbies site dont work at all on my home track. But then again I have had little time to practice with it.
You can always put in some green loctite or thin CA to address the slop. I ran the car as it and I think the car is quite decent even with all the slop.

I guess people are spoil by XRay quality but it does cost a fortune to get one new. I remember the good old TC3 are quite sloppy back then and yet they are still very competitive.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Suspended

stiffen up the front end or raise the arm mounts in front..add a little more rear toe..as for the bearing slop..a little drop of ca will take care of that..or you could try the aluminum steering blocks and hubs..i will say the potential of this car is very high..and yes weezy im very interested..after snowbirds though
Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried the carpet setup myself yesterday, it was my first ever time running rubber tires on carpet and it was not very good there either. We moved the shocks all the way in, moved the camber links too the inside hole front and rear, and added 2mm shim at the rear ballstud. It worked pretty well for me but as the tires got up too temp during the race the last two minutes ot got loose. You might try running less camber in the front and put another half degree in the rear.
Of course I am running the factory springs right now as I have no others, gotta place an orer for parts soon.
Over all the steering and handling of the car too me is great, just need some setup work!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Also, what are people doing ot loosen the drive train in this car??? I have the Kfactory belts, and have changed all the midshaft and mainshaft bearings to ceramics. All the wheel bearings have been changed to Avid rc revolution bearings. I have not changed the diff bearings as of yet as the first order they were not in stock, but I ordered some tonight and hopefully that should do it.
My other car a TC5, that I raced last year is very free. You can spin the tires by hand even with a brushless motor and they freewheel a while. This car does not do it yet but hopefully changing the diff bearings will help free it up.
Thanks for any info!
Tim
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I found the drive train to be very smooth. Dosnt feel very free but i think thats the way it is, maybe because of the 3 belts. I Have ran the car in mod for about 7-8 runs now.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I also ran the tc5 before this car and the drivetrain was pretty good. Are you running on carpet? I took the seals off my carpet car and soaked the bearings in motor spray in a little jar. Got all the grease out of them. Then i just re-oiled them with a bearing oil. It helped alot with the drive train. I am using stock belts and bearings and my car spins pretty smoothly.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

What's up guys!

What's is the best set-up for the spur and pinion gear on carpet? I'm running a E4 FS with rubber,Tekin RS 17.5, LiPo.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

is there a trick to getting a brushless motor in and out. im usng a tekin and a orion and have to remove belt tensioner and mount?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by milton6599
What's up guys!

What's is the best set-up for the spur and pinion gear on carpet? I'm running a E4 FS with rubber,Tekin RS 17.5, LiPo.
How big is the track? Is it fast and swoopy or all turns?
go to
http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create
you need to know your internal ratio. if its the same as mine it's 2.0588
I'd start around 4.2 if its a small track. Use no more than 152 teeth and no less than 145 teeth combined and you will find a sweet spot for your track.
Good luck man!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

How big is the track? Is it fast and swoopy or all turns?
go to
http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create
you need to know your internal ratio. if its the same as mine it's 2.0588
I'd start around 4.2 if its a small track. Use no more than 152 teeth and no less than 145 teeth combined and you will find a sweet spot for your track.
Good luck man!
Thanks I'll check it out. Right now I'm running a 51 pin, 88 spur.
I race at " The Track"
I say it's fast and swoopy.

What do you use for the springs??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.