That has GOT TO BE A MISPRINT!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
That has GOT TO BE A MISPRINT!
i hope lol cause its more than ridicoulous, its and arm and leg
Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Its pretty unique, so my guess is its expensive because of R+D. That 3 belt design will cost more to manufacture. Doubt it will be distributed by Trinity, and they need to find some top class guys first to prove itself...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Suzuki
i hope lol cause its more than ridicoulous, its and arm and leg
You guys never learn... pre-order is always at RRP. when the product hits the shelves the street price is much lower. It will play the 350-450USD segment like all competitors...

Nicely exposed belts. Hope there isn't too much T-boning happening at your tracks

Paul
Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
You guys never learn... pre-order is always at RRP. when the product hits the shelves the street price is much lower. It will play the 350-450USD segment like all competitors...
Originally Posted by Lonestar

Nicely exposed belts. Hope there isn't too much T-boning happening at your tracks

Paul
Yea yea yea I know. Suggested retail in itself is enought to scare away the riff raff .

On the note of exposed belts....nitro cars run with the same design and with the much heavier cars, doesnt seem to pose a problem. Heres a thought..... stay ahead of the pack

Remember, Trinity was the distributor for their nitro car. In reviewing Trinity's website, looks like that deal has dissolved. Final close out sales on Team Magic gear. G4S Nitro kit 185:99 SAY WHAT?!?!?!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default E4 Run Movie

TM E4 Test Run Movie...

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1118351
Old 09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For running stock, 23T or 19T I would go with a shaft car to start with so a two or 3 belt decision is out of question. but driving the 415 for the past season I can say these new belt drive cars are pretty smooth.

For an example I have a G4+ and you need to put the car on a stand or it moves at the slightest angle on the table. very smooth and durable transmission. For a three belt gas car it is impressive.

As far as the 3 belt toruing car I believe the current cars are not strong enough to handle our new brushless motors. To make the cars lighter w removed material, we made the bearings smaller. all added to either less strong cars or cars with exotic materials used at high prices (in some cases both) So a car that is strong enough will actually be a good option. So I am interested in seeing the performance of this car. At the moment power from motors is no problem and the 4200 batteries are usually (notice usually LOL) undrainable even at high amp pulls.

At the moment I am more interested in the 416 than any other car as the information we received is that tamiya will use 5x10's instead of the idiotic 5x9's I would rather have 5x11's but we will live with it

This looks like a great car. The idea behind it is good but with all new designs it raises suspicion. We will watch and see as more data pours in.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well, the belt layout isn't new. That's classic gas car, and as mentioned before, was used on the FSR Bullet EP TC back in the late 1990's. Bob Vanwagner slaughtered the eastern seaboard with one of those cars!

The suspension arm construction doesn't look familiar to me. Has anyone else seen that before?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gansei
That was a pointless video, are there any videos of it asphalt racing.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomt2
That was a pointless video, are there any videos of it asphalt racing.
I didnt want to be the one to say it. Track was small and the car wasnt shown stretching its legs.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default WHY??

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I didnt want to be the one to say it. Track was small and the car wasnt shown stretching its legs.
Why does so many racers start dogging something when it just comes out?? Look, There are 8 or 9 solid electric sedans that can win at any race depending on the quality of the driver.

Corally
HB Cyclone
Losi
Xray
Tamiya
Shumacher
Serpent?
Associated
Kyosho?
Team Magic?

If I left one off, sorry.

Most of us that race can't push the car to the limits of design to know if one car is better than another. If you are slower with one car than another, then some characteristic of that car is better for you or your setup is off. All of these cars can win.

So stetching its legs is only part of the racing. The car looked like it rotated really well and had solid transitions left to right. When a big time driver changes cars and decides to race the E4, and then wins, everybody will say the car is great. No, it just means that driver can out race anybody in any car and that car is very compatible with all the others.

So, everybody, give the car a chance before you rip it. It has some unique concepts and looks well balanced. It just might surprise you.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
great driving.. was it running 19t motor? The car was definitely much faster than the rest. Its pretty much well balance with nimh cells, can it accomodate lipo?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

can the TM car take the orion or trakpower hard cased li-po,s with no modification ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.