Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling Case for Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good to hear, i have tried everything including the magic F8 bag, and they pretty much destroyed that thing...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
good to hear, i have tried everything including the magic F8 bag, and they pretty much destroyed that thing...
Even I have pretty much destroyed my F8 bag. But, I will probably replace it with another one when it gives up the ghost.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

I have found two great cases for airplane travel...both have worked for years...

First (and the best) are anything Pelican...they are a little pricey but worth every penny. These are instrument grade cases that come in dozens of sizes. I have had several for over 10 years of severe abuse...AND they are waterproof. After a few weeks of gas racing, empty them out, add a little simple green and hose them off to dry.

www.pelican.com

My second favorite are much cheaper but work for less critical stuff like tires/parts/etc. You can get them at Lowes...they are big yellow and black bins that can be zip tied or taped shut for air travel. And you can stack multiple units on top of each other in the garage to keep your stuff organized.