R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Anybody else notice a slight scraping of the trigger on the 3pk?

I purchased a new 3pk and have noticed the the trigger scrapes the right side of the case. Its a very slight scraping and I cant really feel it but I can hear it (when its quiet). I was just wondering if anybody else experiences this, I emailed futaba and they said I should send it in for service but I think I might have exaggerated the extent of the scraping. Another 3pk owner on the RCCA forum said they experience this too and that they put a little silicon spray on it and it went away, at least temporarily. So could anybody who owns the 3pk do me a favor and just put their ear by the trigger and listen and see if they hear a slight scraping noise. Im just trying to figure out if its like this with all 3pks or if its a defect that only me and the other guy have.

Thanks

heres a picture of where it scrapes:

Im sorry for posting this in two forums but I only realized most of the radio questions are in the electric forum after I posted it in the nitro forum.
AE Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Yes I have noticed that before, my very first radio was a futaba and I guess i got a bad one that slipped through QC: ( Seriously, I noticed that with the radio and guess what happened next, the radio went bad. This created a very bad glitch in the car and I didn't know it was my radio, I tried everything one could possibly do to eliminate a glitch, new reciever, new xtals, new esc, new steering servo, differant batteries-new motorthen came to try a differant Tx and Rx and sure enough it was the Tx: ( I'm sorry you are hearing this but it is true and I'm not saying this is true for Futaba radio's I'm just implying that my throttle trigger rubbed the side of the Tx case real bad and that my Tx finally kick the bucket. Below are pics of my old Tx, check it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture-001.jpg (156.5 KB, 98 views)
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
Tech Elite

The back side rubbed too: (
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture-005.jpg (142.2 KB, 73 views)
Old 06-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
Tech Elite

The model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture-006.jpg (177.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 06-24-2003, 09:27 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Has anyone had part of the screen go black ... like a solid black line accross the screen.... I have sceen 2 new ones out of the box and one a month old with this problem.

ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:56 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Proud winner, mines definitly not as bad as yours its not scratched at all. Im thinking that if I send it in itll come right back saying nothings wrong with it. Do any other 3pk owwners experience this? Im not really interested in the problem on other radios. I havent seen any screen problems, my guess is if you drop it somthing like that could happen. It has a 1 year warrenty so you can get screen problems fixed for free if you have any.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Talking

mines works fine..i even put a protective film on the screen...as to not get scratched
RC4SALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:49 AM   #8
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

No problems with my 3PK
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:51 AM   #9
Tech Addict

You guys dont hear any scraping at all even if you listen closely? Its definitly not loud...
Old 06-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

There is no scraping at all on mine, there is actually a slight gap between the pieces that scrape on yours.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:19 AM   #11
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

BTW, you could always just take the radio apart and file down the piece that scrapes if you really dont like it...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #12
Tech Addict

I think I might have found what could be the problem, if you look behind the trigger and up you can see the spring, to what direction is the spring for you guys or is it in the center? My spring is toward the right side, the trigger has a large piece inside the transmitter that sticks up and attatches to the spring. Since the bottom of the spring is toward the right side (this is when your looking behind the trigger not from behind the radio) it pulls the top of the trigger on the inside of the transmitter to the right side and it works like a lever and pushes the part of the trigger that sticks out of the transmitter to the left side which causes it to scrape against the case. So please tell me if your springs are in the center or to the right side.

Thanks for all the help guys
Old 06-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Actually on further inspection it looks like theres a tiny groove that the spring is in so I guess that the right spot for it unless that part is defective.

Im thinking that you guys might have this too but just arent noticeing it, your probably thinking its some loud noise, but its really only a tiny scraping noise when applying throttle, sometimes you have to put your ear near it to hear it.

Randman which side is the gap on, the side with the steering wheel or the other side? I have a slight gap on the side without the steering wheel.

Also I noticed that the center of my trigger isnt centered with the seam where the two pieces of the case (the part you hold) meet, its a little to the left, am I the only one with this?

Im thinking I should send it in since no one else seems to notice any of this on theirs, hopefully it wont take to long to get it back.
I just hope they wont send it back and say nothings wrong, I dont want to take it apart myself because it will void my warrenty.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:11 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to FUK_WRX Send a message via AIM to FUK_WRX Send a message via MSN to FUK_WRX Send a message via Yahoo to FUK_WRX
Default what did you use to protect

Quote:
Originally posted by RC4SALE
mines works fine..i even put a protective film on the screen...as to not get scratched

What did you use to protect the screen of the 3pk ?? When its removed does it leave some sticky stuff on the screen ??
FUK_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

i actually used a wide clear scotch tape.....then took a hobby knife and trimed to the edge of the screen....be shure to not leave any air bubbles under the tape...that's it
RC4SALE is offline   Reply With Quote