FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

You're on Page 46 of 55
Go to
  • Good Luck. You appraisal is 100% correct.
    By far the worst FWD car I've ever experienced. Deeply flawed in design and execution it barely lasted a year on the market before being quietly withdrawn from sale.
  • I never even heard of the HPI Switch. Looking at those pictures, there is nothing about the design that suggests it was optimized for FWD.
  • Tamiya FF
    My latest score picked up 2.1 still shrink wrapped 1 built but not run.And the hard to find upgrade chassis set and graphite plates.Building one with all of the period correct hop ups

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-image.jpg  

• Quote: My latest score picked up 2.1 still shrink wrapped 1 built but not run.And the hard to find upgrade chassis set and graphite plates.Building one with all of the period correct hop ups
    Very nice!
  • Here's a video of testing the 4-gear FF2017 car in September.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  • Man!! That is a score. Nice find!

Quote: My latest score picked up 2.1 still shrink wrapped 1 built but not run.And the hard to find upgrade chassis set and graphite plates.Building one with all of the period correct hop ups
  • Quote: Here's a video of testing the 4-gear FF2017 car in September.
    Car is on a rail!! Thanks for sharing Ken!

I ran the old FF03 last Wednesday at our local carpet track - hadn't had it out in quite a while. Ended up 3rd out of 6. One guy broke though, and beat a TA07 even though he is sort of a new'er driver. He let me drive the TA07 after we were done and that car is great. Felt pretty good that I could hang with those guys with a FWD car on a small'ish carpet track.

Funny thing, we have several new racers (say, last 6 months or so) and they didn't even know there was such a thing as a Front Wheel Drive R/C car. Several people offered to buy it off of me right then and there.

It wasn't for sale.
  • OK people, just a little heads up if anyones interested in getting hold of a Surikarn designed VBC FF TWELVE, I'm moving on my brand new built one.
    Really, really nice car with bits readily available and a really strong performer.

• PM me please. I'm interested!

Quote: OK people, just a little heads up if anyones interested in getting hold of a Surikarn designed VBC FF TWELVE, I'm moving on my brand new built one.
    Really, really nice car with bits readily available and a really strong performer.

• Umm, there's a hyperlink to the ebay auction on there...
  • Never mind. I see that it's an ebay link - I just bought it. I can be such a moron sometimes. . .
  • Quote: Umm, there's a hyperlink to the ebay auction on there...
    Hahaha!

I thought it was just a link to the car page on VBC site. After I posted that reply, I clicked on it. Again, I can be such a doofus. Thank goodness it only happens 8-12 times a day.
  • And..it's already yours, well bought Sir!
  • Quote: And..it's already yours, well bought Sir!
    Please, please, please include the original box! Thank you, sir. Appreciate you putting that up here - tried to buy a blue edition one. Guy wouldn't sell it.

Very thrilled to be able to get this in my collection, to go along side of my Tamiya FF's.
  • You'll get the box of course, thats how it works!