R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Wet Weather Tyres? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/20324-wet-weather-tyres.html)

BG 06-24-2003 05:26 AM

Wet Weather Tyres?

{WET WEATHER TYRES}

Not many people use these rubber tyres, but i was wondering what is available out there. Who manufactures these tyres?

There is a company in England that makes these type of tyres but I cannot remember there name.

Thanks

Herminator 06-24-2003 05:49 AM

Well we get plenty of rain here in Scotland and very few people run foam tyres.

Take Off CS22's work suprising well for slicks, infact very well.

Another popular tyre are Pit Schumizu D20's which come ina few forms. You can get them in narrow 21mm and wide 26mm and last year they introduced a 24mm tyre with directional treads. I have the 24mmversion and they work very well, CS22's work almost as well when the track is fully wet but I feel the D20's work better on the greasey not so wet track you can often get after a light shower or as the track dries.

defMondo 06-24-2003 06:20 AM

Yesterday I ran on a fully wet track for the first time and only had CS22's with me and was absolutely amazed how well they worked, some one else hat PitShimuzu wet weather tyres on and they had a bit more grip then I did.

The pitshimuzu's have a number on side D98J not sure if that's the code for the compound or not. They are 21mm and treaded very very grippy in the wet. Highly recomended.

The pitshimuzu wets I have now are packaged by Schumacher in the UK.

Tony

Disney 06-24-2003 06:44 AM

:lol:

DanDan 06-24-2003 08:32 AM

but.. is there a rule on 24mm tires only in electric car? or doesn't matter when the track is wet?

Herminator 06-24-2003 09:18 AM

there's no rule on tyre width, dry or wet.
There is a rule on maximum car width which is 190mm, tyres won't change this though unless you use offset wheels.

Luckyman4 06-24-2003 12:58 PM

I never have tried slicks in the rain ... the idea sounds stupid but if CS22's work then I'll have to give them a try next time Mother Nature takes a pee. I have had good results using HPI X-Pattern tires, they seem to be a good tread design for wet conditions. :cool:

fasterdanu 06-24-2003 03:53 PM

hpi x pattern work well for me too

BG 06-26-2003 05:20 AM

Thanks for the reply people.....

But I am having a hard time tryng to find these tires on the net.

The wet weather or the softest compound is not stocked by Stormer or other leading internet based companys, are there any other stores that I can look?

Thanks

defMondo 06-26-2003 05:49 AM

Are you in Australia?

If so get in touch with Metro Hobbies in Melbourne because they stock them and they can ship them to you.

That's where I got my PitShimizu Wets and they also stock the TO22's.

Tony

Finsy 06-26-2003 05:58 AM

http://www.uranus.dti.ne.jp/~shimizu...oto/ps0025.gif

this was the best Pit tires i used for damp or slightly wet condition

GTMilenko 06-26-2003 07:19 PM

try rainbowten for the cs22 and probibly the others too
i doult they have them in stock, but they will get them in for you.
just email and ask. great service too

MrEs 02-14-2004 05:20 AM

what servos and receivers do u guys run?
dont these get damaged in the wet, especially the receivers? im looking at upgrading to a HRS system and if there's anything actually built to be waterproof i wouldnt mind getting it.. :P

AdR|aN 02-14-2004 11:36 AM

Guys. Here is a cheaper version of wet weather rubber.

Try getting Sorex 20R compound tires.
For the inserts, use the original sponge that comes with most car (try TAMIYA). Its soft.

Its a fully slick tires that works without the normal thread we can see on wet weather tires.

For comparisons, i made an avarage of 13 secs on dry condition. On wet condition with that tires, made it around 14 to 14.5 secs.
Can try and see.

Would like if anyone could correct me on this. I might be wrong.

Just my 0.02

AdR|aN 02-14-2004 11:39 AM

Originally posted by MrEs
what servos and receivers do u guys run?
dont these get damaged in the wet, especially the receivers? im looking at upgrading to a HRS system and if there's anything actually built to be waterproof i wouldnt mind getting it.. :P

MrEs. I cant think of any receivers which is dry. But here is one way that we use in an emergency wet race.

Try BLUE TACK or plasticine (i think i spell it correctly). It doesnt attrack water and it sits in position long enough for a race. Doesnt work well with GP cars though.