Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #1066
Tech Apprentice

Oops double post..
C5Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #1067
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
c5, which oval car do you have? an l3 or l4 would be ideal... somewhere in the pan car thread i posted a complete list of all that's needed..
I have an L3O Oval car..... Wouldn't mind converting it to touring.....I want to make sure I don't put a fortune into it and also that everything I need is readily available.

C5Vette
C5Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #1068
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Thought Id give this a bump what with the advent of the World GT ruleset and all that will be used at the IIC and at Cleveland
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #1069
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

c5 you want to convert to a wide car or a narrow car?

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #1070
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

CRC Gen X 10 235 kit just released.

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...article&sid=81
Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #1071
Tech Fanatic

OMFG!!! That is thé worst conversion I have ever seen!!! How can somebody think of such a thing... Imagine with those extra hubs, that will give a lot more rotating mass...

They were better off by making a different rear pod with axle for it... I knew that this kit would come but definately NOT in this way...

I can't believe this, a market leading brand like CRC making something like this... Now I definately made my choice of car and it definately will NOT be the CRC... Asso, here we come!!!

Joost.

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #1072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the associated is only 200mm and does not have a conversion to 235mm

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #1073
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
for right now when we get our hands on one they might be one soon.
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #1074
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I already have a 235mm. Pro10 and at our track we are going to run 200mm. anyway so... And it only takes a couple of hours behind the computer, some carbon fiber sheet and a CNC machine to make a 235mm. conversion for the RC10R5. I already have the rear axle from IRS so the only thing we have to make is a new rear pod, new main chassis and we're ready to go...

Joost.

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #1075
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
I don't mean to be a downer, but does any else here find the use of foams for this class somewhat ironic? If this class is supposed to try and keep RC alive and try to bring in new hobbyists by offering a somewhat lower price point, why are they showcased with foam tires? It seems that for a new hobbyist, wouldn't foam tires be a hinderence? You have to make sure they are the correct diameter, properly adjust ride height and FDR, check for chunking...etc. I think we need to take a look at what we're are trying to promote. I'm all for this class, but having to buy a car that is in the ballpark of $300 isn't really an option when I (and many other people) have to keep food on the table for a family. A new hobbyist can purchase a Ta05 and do pretty well with it box stock, for about $170 plus all the usual items needed to race. I'm hoping manufacturers will be offering FRP kits to try and let guys like me join in the fun. I think we all have to realize that a kit price in the proposed ball park, I feel, won't encourage new buyers (hobbyists) to dive in with those of us that are already vested and accustomed to the costs of this hobby. I just wanted to get this off of my chest, I'm climbing off fo my soapbox box as I write this. Please offer up more opinions,perspectives and possibilities.--Al

Sorry, but rubber tires on a pan car is just stupid! These cars are not designed for rubber tires. The reason for the 300.00 price tag is that the cost for materals to make a pan car has gone up, this is not the 90's where you could get a assicoiated for 150.00 remember the car was fiberglass
You guys have to realalize that 300.00 dollars is not that expensive anymore. Most of you guys don't understand cost, over head and everything else that gets this kit to your bench. If your trying to equate a TAO5 plastic car to a pan car don't try they are not the same and will never be.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #1076
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Sorry, but rubber tires on a pan car is just stupid! These cars are not designed for rubber tires. The reason for the 300.00 price tag is that the cost for materals to make a pan car has gone up, this is not the 90's where you could get a assicoiated for 150.00 remember the car was fiberglass
You guys have to realalize that 300.00 dollars is not that expensive anymore. Most of you guys don't understand cost, over head and everything else that gets this kit to your bench. If your trying to equate a TAO5 plastic car to a pan car don't try they are not the same and will never be.
sorry but when a FTTC5 can come out at 325 it hard to say a pan car can cost 300. I want to see what the 10R5 will be.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #1077
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

10R5 is on horizon for $270. I understand the people that think these prices are kinda high for a pan car, but I think the savings is in the maintenance and upkeep cost of the vehicle.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #1078
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I go with you on all of that but rubber tires on a 200mm WGT pancar works real good. I have tested it and it is a lot of fun, Now if someone made wheels and rubber slicks and rain tires for these cars I for one think it would be great.

just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-23-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #1079
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson View Post
I go with you on all of that but rubber tires on a 200mm WGT pancar works real good. I have tested it and it is a lot of fun, Now if someone made wheels and rubber slicks and rain tires for these cars I for one think it would be great.

just my 2 cents worth.
Well there you go!! Nice job, Marty! Great looking cars by the way.

If someone wants to run rubber tires, then they should. If a club wants to run a 200mm pan car class with nothing but rubber tires, they should. I for one, think that rubber tired racing is far more expensive than foam tire racing. I will be competing in the Tamiya National Championship later this month and I am only competing in the Mini class because it's fun. But, I will have to put on a new set of tires every time I go on the track because the lap times drop off considerably the second run on the same set of tires. Now we can get into discussions that my car is not set up properly but if you go to a national or world level event, rubber tires are rarely run more than once, especially on asphalt. Carpet is another story and there is more opportunity to run the same set of tires for several runs but even that has its limits before lap times start to drop.

So saying that running foam tires is more expensive just is not true. You can save your old foam tires and cut off pieces to glue on to a tire that is chunked, put it on the truer and you have a new tire to run and you don't have to change gears after every run because the diameter has changed. You may want to change gearing after two or three runs but sometimes I don't even do that at club events. You can't do that with rubber tires
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #1080
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson View Post

just my 2 cents worth.
Did you make your own adapters for the TC wheels? I have been trying to find some. Great looking car by the way.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote