R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #751
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 763
Default

I love the fact that Pro10 has been brought out of a coma... What I don't like is that the fact that more and more Pro10 chassis are 200mm. and 4cell... In my opinion, Pro10 should be 235mm. and 6cell.

I am currently working on my own Pro10 project and that will certainly be 235mm. & 6cells. I am planning on running a 7.5 brushless with 6cells NiMH.

I sure hope that the 235mm class is coming back because the only chassis in 235mm. is the new Corally Pro10.

Joost.
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #752
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,881
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

the corally is 225mm
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #753
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I think 200mm is going to be a hit once people try them with the new current suspension out there. You can run lipo if you like in the 200mm cars also. It wont be long before everyone gets to try them out and see how much better they are than the old 235 cars.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #754
Tech Regular
 
intimidator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 257
Default

200 will probably be more popular because of all the body choices i would imagine.How many cool looking 235 bodies are there out there?I could be wrong but i dont think that the selection is near as good as 200.I hope this class becomes popular,the setup on these cars is nothing compared to touring cars.Initat cost on a car seems kind of high,not too much less than touring.But upkeep on them should be minimal,and being they are so simple there cant be too many hop up parts that you need to purchase or want.I wonder if one day they will make nitro powered pan cars that are worth a crap.Ive seen some already,but like i said,that are worth a crap.What about an 8th scale 21 powered pan car??I would like to see these cars with 6 cells as well.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #755
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 763
Default

You can also use LiPO's in a 235mm. chassis. There are saddle-pack LiPO's available now so that's not a problem.

A 235mm. car is somewhat easier to drive and has more lateral grip than a 200mm. car. Plus the fact that I really like the 235mm. Group C Pro10 bodies. In 200mm. there will be GT & touringcar bodies only.

I will stick with the 235mm. concept. Even if it means just driving for fun & training for the winter season 12th scale races...

Joost.
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #756
Tech Apprentice
 
pepecueva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ecuador
Posts: 93
Default

After two weeks of welding, drilling and machining I converted my associated 235mm into a HPI/associated hybrid 200mm. Just purchssed a Ford GT 40 body from parma and I will be ready to roll on sunday. This cars look great, the fat wheels in a narrower car look just great. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
__________________
BRING THE FUN BACK.........
pepecueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #757
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator View Post
200 will probably be more popular because of all the body choices i would imagine.How many cool looking 235 bodies are there out there?I could be wrong but i dont think that the selection is near as good as 200.I hope this class becomes popular,the setup on these cars is nothing compared to touring cars.Initat cost on a car seems kind of high,not too much less than touring.But upkeep on them should be minimal,and being they are so simple there cant be too many hop up parts that you need to purchase or want.I wonder if one day they will make nitro powered pan cars that are worth a crap.Ive seen some already,but like i said,that are worth a crap.What about an 8th scale 21 powered pan car??I would like to see these cars with 6 cells as well.
A 1/8th scale pan car would interest me much more than a 235mm 1/10th. I was planning on making one to play with. That would be cool and more suited for the purposes of large outdoor tracks. 235mm 1/10th cars are very hard to run on the current indoor tracks worldwide due to the width. They are 1 3/8 wider than the pan cars we are working with here. The body choices are minimal and to be honest, on most tracks are harder to race because its hard to pass other cars. 200mm seemed to be the best bet and with the cars ready for release within weeks, im sure parma and protoform already have alot on the drawing board. We really dont know the direction the class will take. I really like the GT bodies but it may just go to GTP style if thats what is in demand. Anything can happen but in the meantime people need to run them and see how great the cars really are. The old 235 cars are no match for the cars that are ready for release. All the manufacturers did a great job at making modern high performance pan cars. You guys are really going to be happy. These arent your same old pan cars. They exceed the performance of the old cars.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #758
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepecueva View Post
After two weeks of welding, drilling and machining I converted my associated 235mm into a HPI/associated hybrid 200mm. Just purchssed a Ford GT 40 body from parma and I will be ready to roll on sunday. This cars look great, the fat wheels in a narrower car look just great. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Please post pics. I love seeing creative work.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #759
Tech Elite
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lynchburg/Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 4,979
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
You can also use LiPO's in a 235mm. chassis. There are saddle-pack LiPO's available now so that's not a problem.

A 235mm. car is somewhat easier to drive and has more lateral grip than a 200mm. car. Plus the fact that I really like the 235mm. Group C Pro10 bodies. In 200mm. there will be GT & touringcar bodies only.

I will stick with the 235mm. concept. Even if it means just driving for fun & training for the winter season 12th scale races...

Joost.
I have nothing against the 235mm cars. That is why JimmyMac came up with the GT10 idea. That way tracks can run the 200mm cars, but if there are guys that desire to run the 235mm cars they can still do that. As I have said numerous times before though, I dont want GT10 to be seen as "the new Pro10". I think that the 235mm class and the 200mm class can yet still coexist.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #760
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

To be honest, The class can be called gt10. The truth is though, There is not a 235mm car in production anymore. CRC offers a conversion but that will not support a full class. Corally has a car about 1/2 inch more narrow than a 235 so i dont know where that one falls. 200mm has at least 3 companies if not more supporting it. 200mm is the only class of 1/10th pan car right now with a shot of taking off. We all need to support it. Classes dont grow by hoping you can find 10-20 year old cars and parts on ebay.

All kidding aside, This is going to take more than just cars to make the class happen. It will take the general public accepting the changes that have been made and going out to have a great time with the low maintenece,high performance cars.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #761
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Be sure to check out the next Issue of Xtreme R/C cars. It will have a feature article on the return of Pro-10 and pics of the CRC Gen X 10, BMI DB10R and Speed Merchant Formula Pro 10
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #762
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 763
Default

I will run it on a wide asfalt track in Heemstede Holland where there are also a lot of 8th scale gas powered races so space is no problem.
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #763
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

powell racing components also has a 235mm conversion that i run. his complete chassis, top and bottom pod plates, and chassis brace setup was $100 might be more now.. mine can be seen here.. http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...1&d=1183686057
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #764
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

That is cool. Conversions for existing cars may help 235mm stay alive but there are no 235mm cars in production is what i am getting at.

We ran on a real big 1/8th track last weekend with the 200mm car. We ran 4 cell with mod brushless and were not far off 1/8th times. With the setup just right we will achieve the 1/8th times. I cant complain about that. Now if we go lipo they will be even faster.

What would you guys say to a 1/8th pan car running 7.4 lipo, and 3.5 brushless? I think this could be very interesting. Need to find the right stuff to do it but wouldnt be out of the question to mess with.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #765
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
That is cool. Conversions for existing cars may help 235mm stay alive but there are no 235mm cars in production is what i am getting at.

We ran on a real big 1/8th track last weekend with the 200mm car. We ran 4 cell with mod brushless and were not far off 1/8th times. With the setup just right we will achieve the 1/8th times. I cant complain about that. Now if we go lipo they will be even faster.

What would you guys say to a 1/8th pan car running 7.4 lipo, and 3.5 brushless? I think this could be very interesting. Need to find the right stuff to do it but wouldnt be out of the question to mess with.
Bodies would probably be the biggest issue. The Can-Am bodies probably wouldn't look any better on the 8th pan, than 200mm Lolas on 10th pans. It'd be fun. I know Cobra and a few other manufacturers tried it in the early 90's but the propulsion systems favored the 10th scalers back then. With today's tech it just might work.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2WD pan cars 1/12, 1/10, Pro10 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 123 03-15-2013 12:40 AM
Rebirth of Pro10 bigmac567 Electric On-Road 5 02-22-2008 12:44 PM
WTB - Pro10 timmay70 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-05-2007 08:02 AM
Corally Pro10 FS/FT trackdesigner71 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-15-2003 09:42 AM
STS Pro10 Tips OZDC Nitro On-Road 4 04-07-2003 10:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net