R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #601
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

So the new classes are:

Vintage Trans Am, GT10 and Revival for some of Pro10.

That is some classes that I could run. Just can't leave out 1/12 scale and 1/8 scale nitro!!

Yep .... sick R/C racer, past Track Ownere, Current new R/C Club president ....
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #602
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
like sand through an hourglass.. these are the days of our lives.
-
GT10 might be a good name change. PRO10 was for Prototype - or so i thought.
@ Mason I like Pro GT for the faster classes ! And Pro Am for stock. Its sounds cool!!!

Pro 10 meant "PRO" not prototype.
Plus I have never heared it called Pro10 here in the U.S. I know it was over sea's( Japan,europe). Here it was simply 10th mod or 10th stock.



@ Mrs. CRC.

I actually Want to see Frank post on here.

With due respect Mrs CRC you posting on here doesn't help the cause. That is like Jason's wife coming on here doing the same. Let him explain about his end at the Snow Birds and prior with this class, your input is hear say as you cant possibly know everything your husband talks about while away at races. Lets clear it up with him on here.

Hector.
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #603
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,918
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Yyhayyim- your facts about 200mm cars is off. You can ask Hector how many times we tired in the last few years to get it going with no help form anyone. We drove the same car-Hyperdrive.I then got Bolink to do a car which I now drive again .I've got both 200mm and several 235 sitting around.Just because they drive 235 in Europe does not me we are going to here.At least you have many of the manufacturers again going to promote the 200mm class with a present wide variety of bodys already out there.I can pretty much say 99% of the new bodies will be 200mm. Why because the racers and the 99% of back yard bashers can use these bodies on both TC and pan car.It's not the racers that buy all the cars it's the back yard bashers.
As for right now if you want to race next(state race) weekend with your wide car in the Trans Am class you'll need to order a boss mustang from McAllister - get a 13.5 and 4 cells.Now if you had a 200mm you would have many bodies from several manufacturers to choose from.I wish I could make it next weekend but I got other plans.
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products and GForce.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #604
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Yyhayyim- your facts about 200mm cars is off. You can ask Hector how many times we tired in the last few years to get it going with no help form anyone. We drove the same car-Hyperdrive.I then got Bolink to do a car which I now drive again .I've got both 200mm and several 235 sitting around.Just because they drive 235 in Europe does not me we are going to here.At least you have many of the manufacturers again going to promote the 200mm class with a present wide variety of bodys already out there.I can pretty much say 99% of the new bodies will be 200mm. Why because the racers and the 99% of back yard bashers can use these bodies on both TC and pan car.It's not the racers that buy all the cars it's the back yard bashers.
As for right now if you want to race next(state race) weekend with your wide car in the Trans Am class you'll need to order a boss mustang from McAllister - get a 13.5 and 4 cells.Now if you had a 200mm you would have many bodies from several manufacturers to choose from.I wish I could make it next weekend but I got other plans.
Just got off the phone w/ Hector and had a good talk about how to get this going at our track in Coral Springs and least to start off and in the class in general...

The main pblm is that the guys that have been running 1/10 road course pan cars in EU and here in the US, have been doing with the wide version, although narrow is also being used. They've been running the old 10l3Ts and 10l2s, Coraly C10Xs, etc and trying to run what they can find...now that BMI, CRC, Corally, etc are coming out with the new versions of 1/10 road course pan cars, we're seeing them in 200mm....this is what is being made and promoted to get things rolling again. So those that have been running the wide verisions are basically stuck...

I'll be getting the CRC car 'beacuse it covers Lipo, nimh, and wide pan car if needed...I've run their Pantoura in both narrow and wide PRC version, as know their stuff is top notch...

I'll run it with lipo and 13.5 or 10.5, but if its a must, will try out 4 cell to at least race with those that cant have it any other way in the mean time...

I'll be running TC primarily though, untill we can run 7.4v Lipo and 200mm pan car...I just cant buy nimh packs just to race with 4-5 guys at the moment. If it does get to 30+ guys running every weekend or so, and everyone's running 4 cell nimh...then I might have to get the 4 cell nimh to run a bit with them untill something is done for us Lipo guys, that's all.

I wish the cars were already here though..
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #605
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post



@ Mrs. CRC.

I actually Want to see Frank post on here.

With due respect Mrs CRC you posting on here doesn't help the cause. That is like Jason's wife coming on here doing the same. Let him explain about his end at the Snow Birds and prior with this class, your input is hear say as you cant possibly know everything your husband talks about while away at races. Lets clear it up with him on here.

Hector.
Are you serious? A cause? This is a hobby, not a race for the cure for cancer! It is, however, a very serious business for many, including us, as it IS our "main" business.
Sorry if I assumed this was an open form. I asked about the conversations and emails via cell phone this morning, that's where I got my info. Frank will reply at his first available opportunity. He has very little time to check out these forums, as you will notice by the frequency of his posts.
Mrs. CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #606
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Actually there is a cause, to help save the onroad racing by getting the interest back again
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #607
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
@ Mrs. CRC.

I actually Want to see Frank post on here.

With due respect Mrs CRC you posting on here doesn't help the cause. That is like Jason's wife coming on here doing the same. Let him explain about his end at the Snow Birds and prior with this class, your input is hear say as you cant possibly know everything your husband talks about while away at races. Lets clear it up with him on here.

Hector.
Thats not nice Hector. I think its great when any manufacturer cares enough to set things straight on line.

...and like she said this is an open forum.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #608
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Thats not nice Hector. I think its great when any manufacturer cares enough to set things straight on line.

...and like she said this is an open forum.
Well I guess some people have businesses to run and some have businesses to talk about all day on the internet!
Mrs. CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #609
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Your doing a very good job
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #610
Tech Master
 
gijoe64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Corona, Ca
Posts: 1,435
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Well this is getting ugly. I think everyone has good points but when a manufacture tell's racers that this is how it's going to be, well not a good move. The guys that have been keeping this alive should have a say and don't forget the guys that used to race GTP 1/10 Pan. I would rather race 235mm but having a car that can do both is better, carpet 200mm and asphalt 235mm. I will buy the GENX10 because I can go either way and I think half of the guys here will see it the same way.

Mrs CRC hey you got every right to get the record straight, CRC is your business and right now you got the best thing going.

As for bodies what is going to stop parma or protoform from making 235mm bodies? Protoform already has the molds and all they have to do is crank them back up Hey I still got P-35 sitting on my shelf so if I have to buy 2 GenX10's I will one for 200mm and the other 235mm.

It just seems to me that if you manufactures want to bring this back your going to have to make the cars more versatile. And let's see what with of car will win out in the end, at least you woun't have to make to diffrent types of cars.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #611
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,190
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
"Can't We All just get along??"

Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #612
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Well this is getting ugly. I think everyone has good points but when a manufacture tell's racers that this is how it's going to be, well not a good move. The guys that have been keeping this alive should have a say and don't forget the guys that used to race GTP 1/10 Pan. I would rather race 235mm but having a car that can do both is better, carpet 200mm and asphalt 235mm. I will buy the GENX10 because I can go either way and I think half of the guys here will see it the same way.

Mrs CRC hey you got every right to get the record straight, CRC is your business and right now you got the best thing going.

As for bodies what is going to stop parma or protoform from making 235mm bodies? Protoform already has the molds and all they have to do is crank them back up Hey I still got P-35 sitting on my shelf so if I have to buy 2 GenX10's I will one for 200mm and the other 235mm.

It just seems to me that if you manufactures want to bring this back your going to have to make the cars more versatile. And let's see what with of car will win out in the end, at least you woun't have to make to diffrent types of cars.

I think it is cool that the car can go both 200 and 235 but i personally would only do 1 or the other or both. 1 car that does both will not be ideal for either. 1 car for each will give you the best performance for the given class. In this case we are shooting for a 200mm class that we can run at a club or national level. From the look of it, i cant say for certain but it looks like the Gen X10 will be more suited for 200mm. This is good because it will compete very well at a national level.

I understand Mrs CRC's concern and i apologize if i offended her. Things can get read the wrong way on the internet. I just would like to see everything run smoothly. If guys want to run 235mm car,the CRC car is for you. All of the cars will fit lipo so dont worry about that.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #613
Tech Fanatic
 
Michal101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Thats not nice Hector. I think its great when any manufacturer cares enough to set things straight on line.

...and like she said this is an open forum.
Adrian,

I sent you a PM a day or two ago.

Thx
__________________
(Team Driver)
R/C America
Team Tekin
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #614
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. CRC View Post
Are you serious? A cause? This is a hobby, not a race for the cure for cancer! It is, however, a very serious business for many, including us, as it IS our "main" business.
Sorry if I assumed this was an open form. I asked about the conversations and emails via cell phone this morning, that's where I got my info. Frank will reply at his first available opportunity. He has very little time to check out these forums, as you will notice by the frequency of his posts.
Sorry it came off wrong the wording should have said the movement towards getting this class up and running. This is an open forum, though some of the post's should have been in private.
I wasn't trying to say you being a woman that racing is none of your business, but you can't be there at every conversation he has track side.

I apologize if I offend you Mrs. CRC !

Nice to know we all have the time to be on the internet!!! And I do have an interest in this class taking off, I was one of the few that was trying to organize races for pancars unfortunately it wasn't at the right time.
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push

Last edited by speedxl; 02-15-2008 at 04:33 PM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #615
Tech Adept
 
12thScaleCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 106
Default

Just saw a good write up on the SpeedMerchant site about 200mm pan cars, with some pics of Bruce's version.

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

I vote for 4-cell with GT bodies for in-door racing. There's lots of bodies already available for 200mm. If there is enough interest maybe a 235mm 6-cell/Lipo out-door class?

I know up North here, we do very little asphalt racing unless it's gas. Our parking lots are crappy.

Just my opinion.
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2WD pan cars 1/12, 1/10, Pro10 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 123 03-15-2013 12:40 AM
Rebirth of Pro10 bigmac567 Electric On-Road 5 02-22-2008 12:44 PM
WTB - Pro10 timmay70 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-05-2007 08:02 AM
Corally Pro10 FS/FT trackdesigner71 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-15-2003 09:42 AM
STS Pro10 Tips OZDC Nitro On-Road 4 04-07-2003 10:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net