R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
All the experts here have great ideas, only it won't work on everyones car. that's why they have many different manufactures making these new cars . Basically you have one here that keeps trying to listen to the group only it can't be done.If you don't like everything about his version by someone elses.He can't build all these versions to suit everyone.Some of you want wide - it basically a dead class. Body styles are extremely limited. Narrow Bodies are widely available now.Oh yes I've got wide cars sitting on the shelf- new bodys also. But that's where they will be stilling -on the shelf.Get over it the narrow 200mm will be the new class.4 cell is the class in the USA.What they run in other countries is what they run. Here it's going to be 4 cell for now. If you don't like what your reading make your own car and promote it!Then you'll see how much the arm chair keyboarders will like what your doing.
BullFrog, I think your wrong. Why didn't 200mm pan car make it big when they tried before? Most racers remeber 235mm pan car and they know if you narrowed the car it would be a handfull to drive. I like the way CRC gives you the option to go either way, then we will see what class 200mm or 235mm will be popular. I've raced 235mm pan and I know how easy they are to drive and how fast, just making a 200mm chassis would not be a smart option because it limits the racers options. These cars can be driven on nitro tracks and that can be a big plus and then you can narrow the car for indoor racing, don't just say that is the way it's going to be and that is that. You arm chair keyboarders need to have some background in this type of racing before you put your ever knowing knowledge in type. I think both 200mm and 235mm can work 235mm will be easier for the beginner to drive and that should be most important thing we should be thinking of the newbie racer that is getting into rc.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #542
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why did they not make it before was said by Adrian awhile back. But they did not make it because the TC cars were the new thing and as we all know the new thing is where we go. Associated could not give those narrow pan car way- people just waited for the real TC to come out. Then when they did they flew out the door.It's time for the 1/10th pan cars to come out for the same reasons the many manufacturers have said.You can drive the narrow cars just fine. Sure the wide pancake cars handle better in the infield where they have the advantage because of there extra width. But that's it. Most of you think everyone has a gas track to run on outdoors.If Florida how many gas tracks do we have and where- one in kissimmee and and southern end of Florida(Naples-Miami and Homestead). Most of the tracks we race at are 100-120' by 100' at the max. The narrow car works great with 4 cells and a 13.5 motor.There presently are no indoor tracks that I know of in our entire state. So I can't tell you anything about that.Our last state race in a parking lot had just two narrow pan cars running with one wide car.We all made time with 4 cells and had plenty of speed.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #543
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

235mm pan car has died and is not coming back. If you want to run 235mm then you will need to run the CRC car with the conversion. AE,Myself,Speedmerchant,CEFX,Hyperdrive and others are making them
200mm. The plan was not to bring back 235mm pan cars. 200mm run extremely well and do not sacrifice anything. 235mm cars are too big for indoor carpet and most outdoor tracks. Bodies are limited for 235mm and plentiful for 200mm. We need to keep a standard like they did in TC nitro and electric. If this class is going to work it needs rules and most of the manufacturers will keep to the same specs. In order for this class to happen, 1 manufacturer can not make it work by themselves. We need all of them to support the effort to bring credibility to the class. Right now everyone is in the developement stages. Once they all are finished, they will all be made to run to the same specs. If they have added adjustment for wheelbase or track width,well, you paid for an adjustment you really wont use. Its cool that CRC made a car as adjustable as it is. I just would have liked to see the design stay more focused on the direction that the class is hopefully going.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #544
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
I think both 200mm and 235mm can work 235mm will be easier for the beginner to drive and that should be most important thing we should be thinking of the newbie racer that is getting into rc.
If we have a class that is a reasonable speed for beginners, we won't need to have the 235mm cars.

In my little neck of the woods, we've had a few new guys try to start racing and it's the speed that's turning them off. These guys are trying to run our slowest class (stock) and destroying their cars every run. It's not the car's fault that they can't handle the speed yet. It's the motor and batteries fault.

The thing is, locally, we don't have a lot of guys racing. We need to have an entry level class that's a reasonable speed to go with the faster class that most of the faster guys run. 235 isn't going to make the cars run at a more reasonable speed.

For the new Pro10 class to work, I think it will need to have LiPo capability but at the same time, I think that most of us will start out with 4 cells and our 12th set-up. Only the really big tracks will need to be running LiPo and hot motors.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #545
Tech Regular

Dale,

Please tell me that you'll be working on a couple of ALMS style prototypes for Pro10. I think it would be cool to actually have a realistic looking body for once.

The current 12th and gas bodies just don't do it for me and they look nothing like a real race car. I simplified version of the Acura body that Tamiya has would be a really cool place to start. How cool would it be to have an "EPP LMP900"?
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Last edited by yyhayyim; 02-14-2008 at 06:32 PM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #547
Tech Lord

considering no manufacturers are getting into 235mm shows me the popularity of the class. People get into clicks and run the cars. People are still running 10-15 year old cars. Thats cool and i am fine with that. We are looking to form a class that will be capable of running at a national or club level.

200mm cars will carry excellent corner speed if they are set up correctly. They are very stable and extremely easy to drive also. The whole key is getting the car set up correctly. Wider = stability. With the existing tracks here in florida and in the US, a 200mm car will get around the track faster than a 235mm car.
J Concepts
Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dale, is that Vette body still for sale? I gotta find a body to run.

Maybe we should rename or make a class called Pro10 GT. That way the "old skool" guys can do their 235mm ProTen class and do their own thing. And the new cars coming out will be the Pro10 GT class. 200mm with GT series bodies.

Is it March yet??!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #549
Tech Lord

I want to let you guys know, Im not trying to shoot you guys down. All i want to do is help promote and help you guys understand what we the manufacturers are working on and bringing to the table for you. We just need to keep on the right path to make sure this happens and that we can all enjoy running 1/10th pan cars.
J Concepts
Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #550
Tech Elite

Jason, do you have any detailed in your face pics of your car? Not the small pics you posted. Better pics to show detail.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #551
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason

Then all new Corally 10x is an 235 pan car ( http://international.corally.com/pdf...flet%2010X.pdf)
There in Europe it will be the most popular due to the large ourdoor tracks.
Gerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #552
Tech Lord

The corally car from what i have been told is 225mm
J Concepts
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #553
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Jason, do you have any detailed in your face pics of your car? Not the small pics you posted. Better pics to show detail.
I will be taking detailed photos shortly of the car fr the website. I will be making some minor changes and i will post the pics for you guys.
J Concepts
Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #554

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
The corally car from what i have been told is 225mm
You might be correct. The older Corally wide cars (SP10, C10, C10/X) always were narrower in the rear than asso's.
The new corally car was designed to be a wide car though; that's what we run over here. (And have run for years even though some people keep on telling that the class is dead)
Pro ten Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #555
Tech Elite

Nevermind Dale, I just found one of those Corvettes. I think I got the last one in stock too. Can't wait to see what new one you have coming out.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03