R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #526
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
I'm planning on a few changes to this C6-R Corvette mold to optimise it for pan car use - then re-introduce it to the market.
I've been hearing from a few "insider" sources that the GT style (Vettes, Vipers, Aston Martins, and other front engine car styles) bodies are going to make it an interesting class. Your thoughts?

Dale - Protoform Race Bodies
I WANT THAT BODY!!! i have been running the C6 in all of my testing and am finding it to be a real good body for pan car. Adrian is running the RX-7 and it is not as smooth as the vette. The vette has good steering but doesnt make the car feel darty. Call me when they are ready dale. I want one immediately.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
I'm not sure we're a big enough portion of the market for them to willingly configure cells for us, but we'll see.
Agreed. And when the industrial tool market decides a new chemistry is need then how long till they stop producing the current 'Legal' packs? Then the debate to allow the 'newest' battery can begin again

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default repl to dale

dale,
while the posted photo of the vette body does look really nice....i'd rather see something more akin to the current WSC cars, the current grand-am cars or else enlarged versions of the GTP cars that we currently run in 1/12th scale. To my mind it would be silly to have a great handling super low pancar chassis and then to fit it with tall body posts that stick way up high just for the sake of carrying a GT or sedan body. If we are to maximize the performance potential of these tasty looking new chassis offerings, they why not slam them as low as possible and go as fast as possible too? The cool looking scale class is already here.......that's the sedans with 4 cells and muscle car bodies. For this new division, I'd prefer a speed class over a beauty contest.
just my $.02
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #529
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whatever Happened to the days of Stock and Mod? Stock meaning beginners and Modified for People that got sick of racing Newbies/Beginners.

Saturday Nights
Buggy stock or mod
Truck stock or mod

Sundays
1/12th stock or mod

Oh the good old days.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #530
Tech Regular

Anyone else remember the Trinity street spec?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #531
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
I'm planning on a few changes to this C6-R Corvette mold to optimise it for pan car use - then re-introduce it to the market.
I've been hearing from a few "insider" sources that the GT style (Vettes, Vipers, Aston Martins, and other front engine car styles) bodies are going to make it an interesting class. Your thoughts?

Dale - Protoform Race Bodies
I am a chevy guy. I'll take four please!!!
Crashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

man that body is beautiful...

jason please build the car. people will run it and figure out real quick what works and doesn't..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #533
Tech Apprentice

Default The Car and the Class!!!

Hi everyone!

Yes C.C. here ~ most all of you do not know me and I do not care.

Jason one thing buddy Make the car you want to make!! if the class takes off you can down the raod as they say make anything to upgrade your car for what ever changes may come about!!

Please don't let Forums, chat rooms or emails sway you buddy!

Like I said, I do some website work and some testing for a R/C Company.

They found out you can not please everyone all of the time.

As for the bodies I would love to see all the GT Class Cars be made in scale and raced in one class!!!! So Dale make them all if you can!!! people will buy them if they are made!!!

C.C.
Cunningham1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #534
Tech Elite

dale, please cut the spoiler size down (frontal area/height). otherwise this is just a continuation of the tc bodies turning into wedges.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #535
Tech Fanatic

The 'vette looks great!!!!

now what about the Viper.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #536
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham1972 View Post
Hi everyone!

Yes C.C. here ~ most all of you do not know me and I do not care.

Jason one thing buddy Make the car you want to make!! if the class takes off you can down the raod as they say make anything to upgrade your car for what ever changes may come about!!

Please don't let Forums, chat rooms or emails sway you buddy!

Like I said, I do some website work and some testing for a R/C Company.

They found out you can not please everyone all of the time.

As for the bodies I would love to see all the GT Class Cars be made in scale and raced in one class!!!! So Dale make them all if you can!!! people will buy them if they are made!!!

C.C.
Thanks dude. I think that is what i will do. I really have enjoyed the developement and testing so far with the car and it has far exceeded my expectations. Im just going to roll with it the way it is being that it has worked so well. Im sure that if the class takes off, people will see the reality of it all and understand why i feel the way i do.most tracks are not 400x200.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All the experts here have great ideas, only it won't work on everyones car. that's why they have many different manufactures making these new cars . Basically you have one here that keeps trying to listen to the group only it can't be done.If you don't like everything about his version by someone elses.He can't build all these versions to suit everyone.Some of you want wide - it basically a dead class. Body styles are extremely limited. Narrow Bodies are widely available now.Oh yes I've got wide cars sitting on the shelf- new bodys also. But that's where they will be stilling -on the shelf.Get over it the narrow 200mm will be the new class.4 cell is the class in the USA.What they run in other countries is what they run. Here it's going to be 4 cell for now. If you don't like what your reading make your own car and promote it!Then you'll see how much the arm chair keyboarders will like what your doing.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey bro, I was definitely digging what youre doing from the first time I saw the announcement of the DB10R. All I gots to say is I would love to get my hands on one of those. I had a 10L for a while (it may still be buried in the back of my closet now that I think about it) and I really am glad to see the 10th pan cars coming back to the fore.

I said it before that as much as the 200mm cars are what we are going after, I dont think we should totally forget about the wide cars because as guys like BullFrog can attest, they were the backbone of 10th scale racing for a goodly while and there are still people even in the US (although the presence isnt as great nowadays) that have and run those cars.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
All the experts here have great ideas, only it won't work on everyones car. that's why they have many different manufactures making these new cars . Basically you have one here that keeps trying to listen to the group only it can't be done.If you don't like everything about his version by someone elses.He can't build all these versions to suit everyone.Some of you want wide - it basically a dead class. Body styles are extremely limited. Narrow Bodies are widely available now.Oh yes I've got wide cars sitting on the shelf- new bodys also. But that's where they will be stilling -on the shelf.Get over it the narrow 200mm will be the new class.4 cell is the class in the USA.What they run in other countries is what they run. Here it's going to be 4 cell for now. If you don't like what your reading make your own car and promote it!Then you'll see how much the arm chair keyboarders will like what your doing.
BullFrog, I think your wrong. Why didn't 200mm pan car make it big when they tried before? Most racers remeber 235mm pan car and they know if you narrowed the car it would be a handfull to drive. I like the way CRC gives you the option to go either way, then we will see what class 200mm or 235mm will be popular. I've raced 235mm pan and I know how easy they are to drive and how fast, just making a 200mm chassis would not be a smart option because it limits the racers options. These cars can be driven on nitro tracks and that can be a big plus and then you can narrow the car for indoor racing, don't just say that is the way it's going to be and that is that. You arm chair keyboarders need to have some background in this type of racing before you put your ever knowing knowledge in type. I think both 200mm and 235mm can work 235mm will be easier for the beginner to drive and that should be most important thing we should be thinking of the newbie racer that is getting into rc.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #540
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
BullFrog, I think your wrong. Why didn't 200mm pan car make it big when they tried before? Most racers remeber 235mm pan car and they know if you narrowed the car it would be a handfull to drive. I like the way CRC gives you the option to go either way, then we will see what class 200mm or 235mm will be popular. I've raced 235mm pan and I know how easy they are to drive and how fast, just making a 200mm chassis would not be a smart option because it limits the racers options. These cars can be driven on nitro tracks and that can be a big plus and then you can narrow the car for indoor racing, don't just say that is the way it's going to be and that is that. You arm chair keyboarders need to have some background in this type of racing before you put your ever knowing knowledge in type. I think both 200mm and 235mm can work 235mm will be easier for the beginner to drive and that should be most important thing we should be thinking of the newbie racer that is getting into rc.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote