R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Very soon. We are trying to stick to our release at the end of the month. The changes may set it back a week or so but it will be real close.
Isn't past your bedtime........
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #317
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
I made the final changes in the computer today to the DB10R. I will be making the parts this weekend. I actually changed it up quite a bit because i found a new way to accomplish what i was looking for. It makes for a much cleaner wiring job in the car and is extremely easy to balance. Its almost foolproof. Pics to come shortly.
But we need pics now
Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #318
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Quante, the only reason I suggested 4 cell is that I want this to be a fun class and not just another speed war. The VTA boys (I know I keep going back to them) run 8 minute mains. Who is to say that this class couldnt run 8 minute mains? As I said a few pages back, I had not addressed things like race lengths yet because I did not see that as one of the major pressing issues in getting this off the ground.

Bullfrog, yyhayim and speedxl, could you take your little personal battle to PMs because this sort of thing is really not necessary in a public discussion.

Unregistered, 21.5 or 17.5 would be a good option as well. I think that having a singular motor on the brushed and brushless side keeps the speeds at an enjoyable level, and also can tend to keep the relative costs down in the initial growing stages. Once the class starts to get a foothold, then we can look at something like that. This should be the kind of class where the guys are on the stand having a good time but still getting some good racing in.
You need to drop out of college and go back to grade school and learn to read again!

I am the one for slowing the cars down to make them more enjoyable and cheaper to maintain.

By the way did you buy an r/c car yet, or are you still dreaming of racing ?
Sitting on the sideline watching doesn't make you a racer , much less knowledgeable..

Why do you keep insisting on modifying classes( making up new ones) that have had rules written for since about 30 years ago? Thats the main reason I chose not to help when you attempted to have that little race you tried promoting! You made it so complicated that people laughed at the race because of your indecisive all over the place changing, adding rules, and classes.

You sir really have no clue. Sit back and read you may learn a little.

My apologies if I offended you!: lol:

Last edited by speedxl; 02-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #319
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy View Post
Isn't past your bedtime........
Im still not back to normal yet. The birds has me all screwed up
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #320
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
But we need pics now
Maybe as soon as early next week
J Concepts
Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #321
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Im still not back to normal yet. The birds has me all screwed up
Sure, Blame it on the birds...........
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #322
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy View Post
Sure, Blame it on the birds...........
J Concepts
Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #323
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgen View Post

Speedxl - you still race, FSEARA is coming your way
Yes I have been doing oval, was needing an onroad break. I was getting a little burn out. So I spent this past year turning left, I also have been working out by cycle ling. So far weight loss is 140 lbs, working on 85 more.

My health was more important so I opted for oval for $ reasons. I spent $3,500.oo bucks on a couple bikes ( mountain and road bike) to have a choice of which because it get's boring for me. Helps not quit and keep it interesting.

I am planning attending MDI's race, butt will be racing 12th scale only. I have to get a car from Rob @ corally and a couple lipo pacs.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Quote:
What up Jason, see things are doing good for you guys. Great to see you involved with helping the proten class comeback. Look forward to rubbing fenders on the track.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Maybe as soon as early next week
Goody
Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #326
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
You need to drop out of college and go back to grade school and learn to read again!

I am the one for slowing the cars down to make them more enjoyable and cheaper to maintain.

By the way did you buy and r/c car yet, or are you still dreaming of racing ?
Sitting on the sideline watching doesn't make you a racer , much less knowledgable..

Why do you keep insisting on modifying classes( making up new ones) that have had rules written for since about 30 years ago? Thats the main reason I chose not to help when you attempted to have that little race you tried promoting! You made it so complicated that people laughed at the race because of your indecisive all over the place changing, adding rules, and classes.

You sir really have no clue. Sit back and read you may learn a little.

My apologies if I offended you!: lol:

No offense taken Hector. I actually got to run this summer at my home track in Chesapeake. I will say that I have a lot still to learn but I am getting better. Things did take a turn for the worse when my gear was stolen in my dorm end of last semester but I hope it does not keep me from running some more this summer after I graduate (Lynchburg isnt exactly an RC mecca ya know) I learned a lot just by watching a lot of the hot racers at that track run and when I got my turn on the stand, it was rough at first (I think I hit every wall at least once those first few laps), but as I kept coming back (mostly on my off days), I got better. I still am a ways from being at the top of the charts at my track but I am proud of where I am now. Im hoping to replace my stuff this semester as well. Anyway, I have also found the information that guys have posted about their experiences with these cars on this discussion invaluable as well. I honestly dont see myself being at the forefront of anything if this class should take off. I simply want to be a conduit and help wherever I think I could as this thing gets going.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #327
Tech Elite

Quote:
No offense taken Hector. I actually got to run this summer at my home track in Chesapeake. I will say that I have a lot still to learn but I am getting better. Things did take a turn for the worse when my gear was stolen in my dorm end of last semester but I hope it does not keep me from running some more this summer after I graduate (Lynchburg isnt exactly an RC mecca ya know) I learned a lot just by watching a lot of the hot racers at that track run and when I got my turn on the stand, it was rough at first (I think I hit every wall at least once those first few laps), but as I kept coming back (mostly on my off days), I got better. I still am a ways from being at the top of the charts at my track but I am proud of where I am now. Im hoping to replace my stuff this semester as well. Anyway, I have also found the information that guys have posted about their experiences with these cars on this discussion invaluable as well. I honestly dont see myself being at the forefront of anything if this class should take off. I simply want to be a conduit and help wherever I think I could as this thing gets going.
Getting r/c gear stolen does suck. Hang in there practice a lot!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #328
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Quante, the only reason I suggested 4 cell is that I want this to be a fun class and not just another speed war. The VTA boys (I know I keep going back to them) run 8 minute mains. Who is to say that this class couldnt run 8 minute mains? As I said a few pages back, I had not addressed things like race lengths yet because I did not see that as one of the major pressing issues in getting this off the ground.

Bullfrog, yyhayim and speedxl, could you take your little personal battle to PMs because this sort of thing is really not necessary in a public discussion.

Unregistered, 21.5 or 17.5 would be a good option as well. I think that having a singular motor on the brushed and brushless side keeps the speeds at an enjoyable level, and also can tend to keep the relative costs down in the initial growing stages. Once the class starts to get a foothold, then we can look at something like that. This should be the kind of class where the guys are on the stand having a good time but still getting some good racing in.
Ok, but think about this one. 4 cell or 6 cell pack, what takes longer to charge??
If you take a 4 cell car with a 10.5 or a 6 cell car with, like you say, a 17.5 or even 21.5. what will have the longest drive time? The newcomers will appreciate being able to drive over 20 or so minutes with one pack.
And the not so noobs, like me will appreciate the chassis will be capable of placing a 6 cell pack in the car and drive somewhat longer and faster with a mod motor.
I'm just saying, if speed is the problem, limit the turns for the motor. Like they shouldve done instead of 5 cell TC down here, but I aint starting a discussion over that again...
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #329
Company Representative

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Looks like Robert managed to track down Bruce and snap a photo of the Speedmerchant prototype Pro10 car.

And for super duper size:

http://www.rc50.com/modules/coppermi...8/PICT6801.JPG
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #330
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Ok, but think about this one. 4 cell or 6 cell pack, what takes longer to charge??
Um...if they're both 4200's and both charged at the same rate (say, 6 amps) they charge in pretty much exactly the same amount of time. Number of cells only affects voltage. SIZE of cells affects mah and, thus, charging time.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote