Pro10 Class

Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

About how much faster are the PRO10's compared to 1:10 sedan of the same electronics package.

In the area where I race, the 1:12 pan cars are faster than sedans with the same motors and two less cells. So I would think the same could almost be applied to the PRO10's that they would be just as fast or faster with 4-cells or 5-cells.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

BSR makes rubber tires for pan cars:

http://www.bsr-racing.com/
Old 01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys
the car looks great
would it be possible to be around for this outdoor season???
also what tires are you guys using on the prototypes, are they just oval foams???
Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i think it would be a shame to exclude 235mm cars as this class already exists and is is still run in many places today.. not to mention there are a few companies with existing product lines, as well as a heap of used cars available to get folks started.. foams are the way to go still and as production ramps up costs can come down...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Pro10's are basically 1/10th pan cars, that are 2WD right? they arent legal to race under 1/10 classes along with the 4WD's?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
For those going to the 'Birds, can you ask them about hosting a Pro10 class next year? Also, how about a Pro10 class at the IIC and Cleveland this year? This should help promote the class and get the ball rolling. Rather than just talking about it.
I would really like that to happen. I will talk to mike boylan when i get to the birds. All of us are sending them to the magazines so the class can get recognized. I really think this is going to work out. The tires last ALOT longer than i expected. I ran a whole day of carpet racing and didnt true them once. Tire wear was minimal. You can get many weekends of racing out of 1 set. The bodies are readily available and good looking to boot. It just seems that with the specs that we all agreed on, it will be the best way to go. No one company decided on everything. We all had our views and felt that this is what would be the most beneficial to the hobby. I think you guys will really like it. I know that some guys want them to be 235 but to be honest, the bodies are just too hard to come by and the cars are just too wide. Even 190mm TC's are a little large for most carpet tracks. We all wanted something different and super high performance at the same time.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tyre wear isn't nearly as big an issue because the cars are so much lighter. There's certainly no one run tyres. I've had to replace rear tyres more for rims breaking rather than the foam wearing out.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taz_S
You right that we try to bring it back but no company what to make cars any more. They want to have cars that you need to buy parts for often. But with more and more TC going up in prices it looking better and better to get it going again. The bad thing is some trying to make them run TC bodies. I love the GTP bodies and the what the class is. It just a bigger bother of a 1/12th and the look a lot faster.

The biggest problem the first time around is how ballistic the cars were. There were not many people out there that could drive a 1/10th scale 6 cell pancar with a mod motor (that was the motor of choice back then) on a track designed for 1/12th scale. Hey, I hope it can make a big comeback since I'll always prefer pancars over TC's but when it comes down to it the cars are little more than larger versions of 1/12th scale cars so it seems a little redundant to me. Seems to be that the best direction for the class would be Lipo (and 6 cell) with a 17.5. That will be plenty fast for most people. I would bet even pro drivers would have a very hard time with 7.4v Lipo and soemthing like a 4.5 brushless.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
The biggest problem the first time around is how ballistic the cars were. There were not many people out there that could drive a 1/10th scale 6 cell pancar with a mod motor (that was the motor of choice back then) on a track designed for 1/12th scale. Hey, I hope it can make a big comeback since I'll always prefer pancars over TC's but when it comes down to it the cars are little more than larger versions of 1/12th scale cars so it seems a little redundant to me. Seems to be that the best direction for the class would be Lipo (and 6 cell) with a 17.5. That will be plenty fast for most people. I would bet even pro drivers would have a very hard time with 7.4v Lipo and soemthing like a 4.5 brushless.

Mod was fun back then but it more like lipo and 8.5 would be the best.

We race a race last weekend with 3 diff combo all where 235mm cars.

HPI RS with 10.5 6 cell fast time was 7.828
RC10L2.5 with 13.5 Lipo fast times were 7.744
RC10L2 with 10.5 4 cell fast time was 8.012 this was my time i did not get a change to work on my car. To busy tying to find out where my entire “A” main pack pieces where after it blow up in front of my face.

The fastest 1/12th “A” main time was 7.461.

So hope next weekend we can get more testing time.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

These things would look better running Lola shells. Those sedan bodies just dont sit right on those wheels.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

I'm really excited about this class. I was just curious about something and I really don't mean to reign in the parade. Was there any thought to having these chassi adaptable to touring car wheels? Such as the Tamiya GT, or Aacademy SP3-XT?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have already seen just a slight bit of bashing on the PRO10 class and I just can not see why.

So there already is 1:10 oval, and 1:12 pan car why the need for PRO10?

I'll lay it down. Sedans were fun, then they became a money pit and became too technincal for most club racers.

With a PRO10 class the entry cost and sustainment cost are lower. The PRO10 class may be the winning ticket during a slower economy.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I'm really excited about this class. I was just curious about something and I really don't mean to reign in the parade. Was there any thought to having these chassi adaptable to touring car wheels? Such as the Tamiya GT, or Aacademy SP3-XT?

Id run somthing with those tires..Im done with foams outside. I dont care what anyone says foams are the road to the dark side.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have been running the same foams we run on our 1/12th cars. Double pink front and rear on asphalt and carpet. I think White rearwould have been better on carpet last time we ran but we didnt have them.

We trued them down to 2.35 rear and 2.25 front for aspahlt and they ran for 3 weekends...then we used them on carpet at 2.15F and 2.25R for an entire weekend of racing. In the end my fronts were at 2.09"
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

"Luke you don't know the power of the Dark side"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.