R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #271
Tech Addict
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

In essence you mean the Speedspec by speedmerchant?

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/car...speedspec.html
__________________
I'm not a grown man playing with toys. I'm a hobbyist.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #272
Moderator
 
Pro ten Holland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Druten/Holland (Europe)
Posts: 1,677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes that car would fit the bill!
Pro ten Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:25 AM   #273
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,713
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
In essence you mean the Speedspec by speedmerchant?

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/car...speedspec.html
Just DO NOT order it direct from them. They are VERY SLOOOOOW shipping. I've found 360 hobbies in NY to be the best place for Speed Merchant product.
On a positive note: Their 1/12 cars are simply the best I've ever driven (and I've tried em all.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #274
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
With all do respect dear Sir...those of us who have run pro10 pan cars recently, not 7,8,10,15 yrs ago using old cells and 27t brushed motors of 10 yrs ago...but rather 10.5BL motors, 4.5 BL motors, and 7.4v Lipos, etc...today's best BL motor and Lipo tech, have explained time and time again, that a 200mm Pan car, with 10.5 BL and 7.4V Lipo, is not as fast down the straight as 4.5T BL Tourinr cars, but they are much faster in corner speed and infield than TC's, which make as fast over all per lap, than as mod TC's, but they are much easier to drive than mod TCs, which means those experienced with 1/12 scale 19T, or mod TC or 10.5/19T TC, can easily get used to and drive a 200mm pan car with 10.5BL and 7.4v Lipo.
I have raced the Florida state series for years. I have race at your local track several times. Every time I have raced there Tim, Hector, Mike Bruce and I are ~2/10th faster per lap than the mod sedans with our 4 cell 19T brushed 1/12th cars.

We used to race 6 cell 27T Pro-10 in the state series. The last race we ran that class was Minnreg in 2001. I TQ'd and won the A-main with more laps than the Mod sedan A-main. My fast lap was a 9.9....the fastest mod sedan lap was a 10.1. I know this because the time sheets are under the trophy on a shelf to my right.

A few weeks ago I was testing the BMI DB10R with a 10.5 on 4 cells. I was keeping up with Austin Harrison running a sedan with a 4.5 and Lipo. He was a little faster than me but not much at all.

If you are not as fast as a mod sedan with a 10.5 on Lipo you are doing something seriously wrong.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series

Last edited by AdrianM; 02-03-2008 at 10:27 AM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #275
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
A few weeks ago I was testing the BMI DB10R with a 10.5 on 4 cells. I was keeping up with Austin Harrison running a 4.5 and Lipo. He was a little faster than me but not much at all.

If you are not as fast as a mod sedan with a 10.5 on Lipo you are doing something seriously wrong.
That pretty much matches what we found last year running outside. We allowed 235 6 cell or lipo with 19 turn or 10.5. You numbers match what we saw. We normally had the fast TQ run for the day (unless the wind kicked up and put stuff on the track) then the 4wd helped.
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #276
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
If you are not as fast as a mod sedan with a 10.5 on Lipo you are doing something seriously wrong.
Yeah there is!


Yohan, listen man stop comparing what your doing at coral springs with what the rest of us have done. Fooling around on a pratice track is not indicative what would be true at a state or national level race the level of driving is much higher then you will ever know unless you see it for your self.

If with a 4 cell 19t 12th scale pancar I can be 2 to 3tenths per lap faster , then a 10th scale with same power plant and batteries I will be on par with a touring mod lapp times. You need to practice more homie!!!
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #277
Tech Elite
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lynchburg/Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 4,979
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71
Default

yyhayim,

One of the biggest issues with 10th pan is that these cars basically became land missiles. Of course the fact that in 6 cell it got caught up in the motor and battery wars (much as TC is now) didnt help things either. One thing that is helping VTA is the speed (or lack thereof). If you look at the VTA discussion, those guys are having an absolute blast out there racing and many of the tracks run it using 4 cells. I dont see why that sort of thing cant be done for 10th pan. And apprently there are those who have run 4 cell 10th pan that do not find it all that slow so it can be done. I set out a potential baseline but I think those who said that w eshould let the guys work it out on the track for themselves have a great point.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #278
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I have raced the Florida state series for years. I have race at your local track several times. Every time I have raced there Tim, Hector, Mike Bruce and I are ~2/10th faster per lap than the mod sedans with our 4 cell 19T brushed 1/12th cars.

We used to race 6 cell 27T Pro-10 in the state series. The last race we ran that class was Minnreg in 2001. I TQ'd and won the A-main with more laps than the Mod sedan A-main. My fast lap was a 9.9....the fastest mod sedan lap was a 10.1. I know this because the time sheets are under the trophy on a shelf to my right.

A few weeks ago I was testing the BMI DB10R with a 10.5 on 4 cells. I was keeping up with Austin Harrison running a sedan with a 4.5 and Lipo. He was a little faster than me but not much at all.

If you are not as fast as a mod sedan with a 10.5 on Lipo you are doing something seriously wrong.
The Corals Springs layout you remember has changed a lot...its more technical, and not as open as or flowing as it once was back in the day.

my 200mm CRC Pantoura with 10.5BL and 7.4 lipo was FASTER per lap, than mod TC's with both 4.5 and 3.5 BL and Lipo. All I'm saying tha on our track with our layout, the 200mm, and my wide 235mm Pan cars with 10.5 and Lipo, were not as fast on the 140ft straight over all...however downt he sweeper and into the infield, the TCs are toast. You can easily be .3-.4 sec faster per lap than mod TCs on OUR track layout...

Again, I have repeatedly stated a pro10 w/ 10.5BL and 7.4v Lipo pan car IS FASTER per lap than mod TCs...dont know where you think I'm saying other wise- so I wish to clear that up. I agree with you that they are faster per lap, but in my testing, on our track's layout, a really good TC with 4.5 or 3.5 BL power can be a bit faster down our straight than our 200mm pan car with 10.5BL and 7.4v Lipo. that's all...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #279
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
Yeah there is!

Yohan, listen man stop comparing what your doing at coral springs with what the rest of us have done. Fooling around on a pratice track is not indicative what would be true at a state or national level race the level of driving is much higher then you will ever know unless you see it for your self.

If with a 4 cell 19t 12th scale pancar I can be 2 to 3tenths per lap faster , then a 10th scale with same power plant and batteries I will be on par with a touring mod lapp times. You need to practice more homie!!!
With all due respect my friend: I am not comparing what I have done with you have done. None of that anywhere. Second, I am not fooling around at Coral Springs track. I actually went out and tested with my 200mm pan car, as well as 235mm for several months, worling on set up and trying out different bodies, tire combos, traction compounds, etc...learning how thes cars work, running them at least for 7-8 runs per week, with hours of set up and testing in between. Fooling around as you wish to call my effort to learn thse cars and learn for myself so I can speak for my self on the topic based on my experience with them, not mere hearsay (si me quieres abochornar, mandame un PM...no tinenes que describirme de esa forma en publico, acere...)

Also, no need to compare 1/12 pan car to 1/10 TCs...everyone knows that 1/12 scale 4 cell 19T is faster than TCs...its not a secret. No lectures needed here about that, bro...

But again, In My experience, on my testing and comparing, my car, not your ballistic 200mm 1990's pan car, with 1990's 27T brushed motors and cells, was not as fast down the straight as a 4.5-3.5BL TCs...the 4WD can just pull harder out into the straight... and no, theres nothing wrong with the car or set up. Its working great and the proof is that I was on average .4-.5 sec faster per lap than mod TC, as explained already.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #280
Tech Fanatic
 
trailranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
In essence you mean the Speedspec by speedmerchant?

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/car...speedspec.html
That car has SPEC10 class written all over it
Just need to add a 17.5 Motor and go.

This whole 6-cell motor debate is killing me.

I am an average driver, and I have driven 1:12 cars and sedans, and 1:10 oval. At a Hobbytown parking lot race I was able to go 26laps in my 1:12 car while the 19T Sedans (including myself) only turned 25laps. The same is true at my carpet track which is a tight technical layout. The stock 1:12 is faster then the 13.5 Sedans by a few tenths. There is just something about a pan car that becuase it is simple, it is FAST. Granted 1:12 cars weigh less, but so do PRO10 cars comparted to sedans.

4-cell 10.5 PRO10's will be plenty fast enough for 95% of the racers. The other 5% are either fooling themselves or national champions.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #281
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
The other 5% are...fooling themselves
No shortage of THAT in RC-dom.
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #282
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
With all due respect my friend: I am not comparing what I have done with you have done. None of that anywhere. Second, I am not fooling around at Coral Springs track. I actually went out and tested with my 200mm pan car, as well as 235mm for several months, worling on set up and trying out different bodies, tire combos, traction compounds, etc...learning how thes cars work, running them at least for 7-8 runs per week, with hours of set up and testing in between. Fooling around as you wish to call my effort to learn thse cars and learn for myself so I can speak for my self on the topic based on my experience with them, not mere hearsay (si me quieres abochornar, mandame un PM...no tinenes que describirme de esa forma en publico, acere...)

Also, no need to compare 1/12 pan car to 1/10 TCs...everyone knows that 1/12 scale 4 cell 19T is faster than TCs...its not a secret. No lectures needed here about that, bro...

But again, In My experience, on my testing and comparing, my car, not your ballistic 200mm 1990's pan car, with 1990's 27T brushed motors and cells, was not as fast down the straight as a 4.5-3.5BL TCs...the 4WD can just pull harder out into the straight... and no, theres nothing wrong with the car or set up. Its working great and the proof is that I was on average .4-.5 sec faster per lap than mod TC, as explained already.

Yohan read my post again! its about how a 10th scale pancar with a 4cell pack with a mod motor should have close to equal lap times. . ok acere! consorte, molina!!!



About your other post # 278 to Adrian. We where faster with the equipment in the 90's ,so why not now with modern 2008 equipment?
The pan cars are way lighter then a tourer, shouldn't the pancar be faster?

With no disrespect to your driving, a pancer with 7.4v lipo battery and 10.5 brushless motor should kill the tourer. A properly set up pancar with someone that knows how not to scrub speed coming out of a corner will out run the tourer everywhere. Its very easy to scrub speed on a foam car.

Also nothing wrong with coral springs you just can't get a proper feel on a green track with no groove. come mierda !!! Take it lightly!! you still suck pipe banger! bro'de ponte las pilas!!!! No choques tanto!!! Dame un timbre!!
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push

Last edited by speedxl; 02-04-2008 at 12:20 AM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #283
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,922
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thank you Hector this Yohan guy is an expert - just because he's tested it means it true. Exaltly how many state , Regional or Nationals races have you ever run? Your just a local racer in southern Florida.I don't claim to be an expert but knows what has worked in the past- why it died in the past and what the new manufacturers would like see happen.Until most of us see your name practicpating in any of the events list above your just talk.
__________________
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products and GForce.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 AM   #284
Tech Regular
 
JevUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dover, UK
Posts: 310
Default

Why does it matter if pro10 is faster or slower than TC's?

The object is to get as many people doing it with maximum fun and fairness.

If a tc driver wants to have a go of pro10 you are putting a big discouragement factor on him by forcing him to buy new nimh packs. Removing 2 cell is not going to work then you end up with lots of odd pairs of cells.

It seems to me we have a very vocal 12th/oval crowed here who do not think outside of that bubble.

Now we have very nicely matched 19t/10.5 it's gota be a no brainer. The power will be comparable to the days when we had national in the uk and we were running 10-14 turn motors. The speeds were fine, that's not the reason it died. It's just that TC boomed and took everyone away. It was like a fashion thing.

When I tried 4 cell mod there was nothing wrong with how the car handled or the speed. It was a nice amount of power. But not wanting to EVER run nimh's again 19t lipo will do me fine .

We will probably be racing a RWD class at West London again this summer. It's open to anything rwd. Tamiya f1's even. We had tamiya f103, f1's 235mm pro10's all together. It was like a true le mans atmosphere .
__________________
MRT, Novak, Spektrum, Sanwa, Tamiya, Alleven RC, Maxamps, CheapBatteryPacks, Duratrax Ice, Pro Peak PSU, Nuova Faor, McLarney Racing, Futaba, KO Propo, Team Associated, Enerland.
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #285
Tech Fanatic
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 829
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevUK View Post
Why does it matter if pro10 is faster or slower than TC's?

The object is to get as many people doing it with maximum fun and fairness.

If a tc driver wants to have a go of pro10 you are putting a big discouragement factor on him by forcing him to buy new nimh packs. Removing 2 cell is not going to work then you end up with lots of odd pairs of cells.

It seems to me we have a very vocal 12th/oval crowed here who do not think outside of that bubble.

Now we have very nicely matched 19t/10.5 it's gota be a no brainer. The power will be comparable to the days when we had national in the uk and we were running 10-14 turn motors. The speeds were fine, that's not the reason it died. It's just that TC boomed and took everyone away. It was like a fashion thing.

When I tried 4 cell mod there was nothing wrong with how the car handled or the speed. It was a nice amount of power. But not wanting to EVER run nimh's again 19t lipo will do me fine .

We will probably be racing a RWD class at West London again this summer. It's open to anything rwd. Tamiya f1's even. We had tamiya f103, f1's 235mm pro10's all together. It was like a true le mans atmosphere .
I agree. I don't care if the Pro 10 cars are faster or slower than anything else. For me, it's the ease of maintenance, lower cost of motors/batteries, and lower cost of purchasing the car (if that happens) that appeals to me. If I want to run around the track really fast, I'll run a 6 cell mod car. But, I've been through the battery and motor wars, and I don't care to go down that path again any time soon.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2WD pan cars 1/12, 1/10, Pro10 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 123 03-15-2013 12:40 AM
Rebirth of Pro10 bigmac567 Electric On-Road 5 02-22-2008 12:44 PM
WTB - Pro10 timmay70 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-05-2007 08:02 AM
Corally Pro10 FS/FT trackdesigner71 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-15-2003 09:42 AM
STS Pro10 Tips OZDC Nitro On-Road 4 04-07-2003 10:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net