Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghiro
Hi folks! need a suggestion: just finished the car with new esc and motor,i'll use it outdoor on nitro tracks (everything is nitro over here!) but i'm a little confused about a proper gear ratio to start from.This is my set up:novak 7,5L/SpeedPassion GT2.0 LPF/trackpower 4900 2SLipo.
I'm a total noob about rollout measurements,and thought it would be better to use 48pitch gears outdoors,so wich pinion & spur gear do you guys reccomend me to start with?

Is there any kind of lexan/plastic spur gear cover in the market?
Where can i find cap tires? Are these any good in rain ?

Thanks!
Here is a link to the Kimbrough Differential Covers for Spur Gears. They snap right on to their 48P/64P spur gears. Very helpful for outdoor racing.

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXS454&P=M

Cap tires?

Bill
Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Cap tyres/tyre caps=those rubber "condoms" that Tamyia made several years ago for F1 cars.

Sorry for my english,sometimes i write wrong/weird things.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ghiro
Cap tyres/tyre caps=those rubber "condoms" that Tamyia made several years ago for F1 cars.

Sorry for my english,sometimes i write wrong/weird things.
No problem with your english. I just had not seen any form of tire caps in r/c racing.

Bill
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Will any spur gear fit?

Hi
I have been reading this thred... and many ask what gearing should I use for this and that combo........

what spur gear do I get? (I am not talking of number of coggs now, but brand or make of spur)

will any spur fit?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is an Video of a Race held in Bamberg in Germany.
We have been Lucky with the weather that the Finals could be driven in dry conditions.
All other runs where held in wet conditions so this run was actually for most of us the first or second dry run on this track.
Please select HD quality if you have broadband connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qestpctNR4c

Enjoy
kind regards
Roger
Old 06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Hi
I have been reading this thred... and many ask what gearing should I use for this and that combo........

what spur gear do I get? (I am not talking of number of coggs now, but brand or make of spur)

will any spur fit?
I like the Kimbrough spur gears. They come in many usable sizes. Are easy to find. Have the option of adding "Differential Dust Covers" for outdoor (or indoor) racing. Come in 48P and 64P sizing (I only use 64P).
Old 06-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Will let you know soon as I pick up the new center esc mount crc released and running the esc in the center since ocrc only allows 1 cell lipos. Want to test this setup and see how she hanldes. Money is tight and still can't pick up a truer and looking for someone at ocrc that will let me true my tires. Had some traction roll with tires so tall.

Originally Posted by downtempo
Don't sell the pan car, prolly more will show when racing gets up and going.

What we need is for a pan car to be forced into a TC class and clean up on 'em, then there would be interest!

PM me when/if you typically practice @ OCRC, when I get rolling I will be needing more of that than racing.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

I used those diff covers once running a 3.5 on a large track and one came off and caused me to loose control and crash Never used them again.

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Here is a link to the Kimbrough Differential Covers for Spur Gears. They snap right on to their 48P/64P spur gears. Very helpful for outdoor racing.

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXS454&P=M

Cap tires?

Bill
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Suspended

I am thinking of putting a 2.5R speedpassion in my CRC GENX10 WGT at about 6.69 to 7.25 FDR and 2S 40C LIPO!!!! It MIGHT BE A LITTLE OVERKILL ,but I think it's the only way to catch those 1/8th nitros in the straights!!!!! I have been testing the NOVAK 3.5R in other pan cars (f103gt, corally F1), but THEY barely have enough acceleration to pull-up to the 1/8ths........ I think the 2.5R with the speedpassion GT2 PRO WILL DO THE TRICK!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

make sure you carry a dust pan with you in your pit box........ you will probably need it to pick up the pieces when you hit the wall.

Last edited by BobC; 06-18-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobC
make sure you carry a dust pan with you in you pit box........ you sill probably need it to pick up the pieces when you hit a wall.
Eh.... What??
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Suspended

ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE WITH A 2.5R IN A PAN CAR AT 2S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT TIRED OF THE SLOW 10.5R(19T) WITH LIPO A LONG TIME AGO!!!! I ALSO WISH THE TRACK BUILDERS WOULD STOP BUILDING THOSE BUSINESS ORIENTED TRACKS INSTEAD OF THE FUN NON-DESTRUCTIVE TYPE TRACKS THAT ABSORB BLOWS RATHER THAN CAUSE EXCESSIVE DAMAGE TO THE CARS!!!!!! MAYBE THEN RACERS WOULD COME OUT WITH MORE MODDED PAN CARS AND RAISE THEIR DRIVING SKILLS A BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

NO AND PLEASE STOP YELLING AT US!!!

I have only run 3.5r on a large nitro track and it was good enough for me.

Originally Posted by bertran
ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE WITH A 2.5R IN A PAN CAR AT 2S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT TIRED OF THE SLOW 10.5R(19T) WITH LIPO A LONG TIME AGO!!!! I ALSO WISH THE TRACK BUILDERS WOULD STOP BUILDING THOSE BUSINESS ORIENTED TRACKS INSTEAD OF THE FUN NON-DESTRUCTIVE TYPE TRACKS THAT ABSORB BLOWS RATHER THAN CAUSE EXCESSIVE DAMAGE TO THE CARS!!!!!! MAYBE THEN RACERS WOULD COME OUT WITH MORE MODDED PAN CARS AND RAISE THEIR DRIVING SKILLS A BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertran
You can always go run in a parking lot with a bunch of concrete parking blocks and zig-zag around those, that would be FUN. And I think you should man-up and put in a 3s lipo for more FUN!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Well it has been over a year that CRC released the crc gen x 10 and this thread has sort of died. I almost sold my gen x 10 and thank God I didn't love my pan car, it is a keeper for sure. Anyways let's hear from all the Gen X 10 guys, pictures, setups, what you love about it, what you hate. Come on let's get this going.

Here is my beef. OCRC just opened up a carpet track, nice one I must say. The problem for us that have been running 2 cell lipo's pro10 or wgt, are now being forced to run 1 cell lipos. Ok second problem, esc having problems with 1 cell and now we have to either pick up the Novak Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module, what is all that about? Ok the track wants to go with roar rules but hey come on some of us don't plan on going to Vegas to race professionally just club race why not make an exception? New track opening up in August on road indoor asphalt, fingers crossed that the owner keeps it open to what cell lipos to use. Ok so we are the minority, we have the luxury of running a 2 cell stick on our Gen X 10 while other pan cars have sadlle packs and so on. Ok is anyone feeling me here?

Ok enough with the rant, let's here from you, see pictures and get setups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.