Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
FOXY - we haven't done much LiPo racing with these yet, mostly all 4 cell. In 4 cell 17.5, we roll out around 3.30". If you can't get a better answer from someone that has actually been running that setup, start out by gearing down 10 teeth from where we run in 4 cell and go from there.
Thanks. I think I've got a starting point right now from a fellow racer.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sorry for another rollout question. What would be an ideal rollout (in mm) for the Gen X 10 on Jaco World GT foams with 4 cell and a Tekin 13.5? This would be on a medium to large carpet track.
Thanks,
Kane
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Progress Update

Had the first carpet race of the season at NorCal Hobbies today. It was also the maiden race for my Gen X10.

Three of us decided to run 13.5 with 7.4V lipos as the standard. OD Purple ran a 13.5 with 4-cells. I TQed my X10 using a Sophia body. Crashby was second with his X10 using a higher down force sports racing body. Our lipo cars were ballistic on the back straight in comparison to ODs. OD held his own in the infield. For the race, Crashby got the better of me; and, our X10s finished 1st and 2nd.

Will try 17.5s and lipos against OD's 13.5 and 4-cell combo next week. Also will be trying the new CRC spec tires too. Looks to be a great combined 1/10th pan car GT class for the future.

NorCal's carpet (CRC) was excellent today. Even after being fairly idle for the past 6 months. We had a groove showing by mid day.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 11-02-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Try 3.07 inch per rev rollout with a 4 cell 13.5.

Try a set of the CRC World GT spec tires. I had really good luck with them on my pan.
John
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Try 3.07 inch per rev rollout with a 4 cell 13.5.

Try a set of the CRC World GT spec tires. I had really good luck with them on my pan.
John
Thanks so much.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Sorry for another rollout question. What would be an ideal rollout (in mm) for the Gen X 10 on Jaco World GT foams with 4 cell and a Tekin 13.5? This would be on a medium to large carpet track.
Thanks,
Kane
64.5 mm
Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just passed by this while visiting the HPI page. I might have to run one of these on my car at some time. This thing just deserves to be run in GT class!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Battery Placement

I was wondering what is a good starting spot as far as battery position goes in my 4 cell 13.5 WGT car. I have my car setup as per the instructions but I was thinking of incorperating some of the 1/12 setups into my 1/10 car.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeRocket
I was wondering what is a good starting spot as far as battery position goes in my 4 cell 13.5 WGT car. I have my car setup as per the instructions but I was thinking of incorperating some of the 1/12 setups into my 1/10 car.

Thanks
Originally Posted by JB_catricala
Hey guys

I have been racing this car for the last two weeks and i love it. this is the setup that i am running.

Front
.45 springs
10 deg caster block
1 shim in front
long ball
inline axles
shortest wheel base
middle width
4 shims on each side
1.5 camber
using 1/12 graphite steering arm thing
BSR dbl pink tires

Middle
hot bodies shock w/ 45 oil
shimmed up rear of shock 3 mm
battteries foward
esc mounted in the middle of the 5 and 6 battery positions on the bar thing

Rear
30 000 in tubes
red side springs w/ hardly any preload
BSR Pink Tires

added the weight beside the links to make weight

i really like the car if you have any questions just ask

Sounds like you have to have the Batteries forward.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Carpet Setup

Just sharing my current lipo Gen-X 10 setup (as above)...

Front:
Red springs
5 deg caster block
1 shim in front of upper arms
standard pivot ball
inline axles (need to try other setting too)
middle wheelbase
middle width
3 shims on each stub axle
1.0 camber
using inner holes of steering arm extension
using inner holes of mid-sized servo saver
Jaco purple tires (start at 56mm)
height 4mm ±

Middle
Losi shock w/30 oil and spring that came with kit
shimmed up rear of shock at ball end 1 mm (will test going higher)
SMC 5000 lipo battery with new top wiring (modified top deck for clearance)
Optional Losi JRX-S stainless steel tray (testing; but, may be too heavy)
Sphere ESC and Spektrum 3500 receiver mounted on left side
height 4.5mm ±

Rear
30000 in side tubes
red side springs w/minimal preload
17.5 Orion motor (replaced 13.5 "wowie" motor)
rollout to be determined...
Jaco pink tires (start at 58mm)
height 4mm ±

Added required weight to right side of chassis to balance and make minimum

Protoform Alfa Romeo Sophia GT (cut on body lines). Changed to ManuTech kevlar bumper plate with CRC foam bumper. Planning on replacing all CRC red aluminum screws with RC Screwz stainless steel set.

May add things I missed later? Comments and suggestions gleefully accepted.

Setup worked with 13.5 motor. Now I need to tune for the 17.5. Headed to NorCal Hobbies for Thursday night carpet racing tomorrow.

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 11-05-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Let me start by saying that I HATE standard screws!!! Now with that said...

While racing the main yesterday, I lost one of the 4-40 5/16" stainless steel FH screws that hold the side links in place.

Anybody know where to find replacements?

Like maybe a small Losi or Assoc screw pack I could find at the LHS.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Let me start by saying that I HATE standard screws!!! Now with that said...

While racing the main yesterday, I lost one of the 4-40 5/16" stainless steel FH screws that hold the side links in place.

Anybody know where to find replacements?

Like maybe a small Losi or Assoc screw pack I could find at the LHS.
Std screws are one thing...but aluminum screws are an entirely lame idea IMO. First thing I ordered after kit was a set of RC Screwz in stainless.

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...oducts_id/2870

Got everything ordered this weekend...I'll likely have questions later in the week.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default RCScrewz.com

Originally Posted by Verndog
Std screws are one thing...but aluminum screws are an entirely lame idea IMO. First thing I ordered after kit was a set of RC Screwz in stainless.

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...oducts_id/2870

Got everything ordered this weekend...I'll likely have questions later in the week.
I got the same RCScrewz screw kit for my Gen-X 10 for something like $23.95 plus shipping. Took about 3 days to come directly from them. Don't get their "metric" screw set because they won't thread into your aluminum components. I guess that CRC has a metric Gen-X 10 car for the rest of the world?

There were also several unneeded and unnecessary screws included in the kit. Not sure why they do that; but, I did get what was needed.

To have done the car with all titanium screws would have cost about $115; but, I needed the additional weight of the stainless screws anyway.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I got the same RCScrewz screw kit for my Gen-X 10 for something like $23.95 plus shipping. Took about 3 days to come directly from them. Don't get their "metric" screw set because they won't thread into your aluminum components. I guess that CRC has a metric Gen-X 10 car for the rest of the world?

There were also several unneeded and unnecessary screws included in the kit. Not sure why they do that; but, I did get what was needed.

To have done the car with all titanium screws would have cost about $115; but, I needed the additional weight of the stainless screws anyway.
Exactly...why deal with inferior alum screws, only to have to add dead weight later. I saw the metric kit. It's a conversion that notes....something like.."warning, all metal tapped holes will need to be tapped metric for this conversion"...not exactly a great idea. I'll deal with the SAE threads and extra drivers in the box...have most or all of them anyway.

Looking forward to building this...I have your S/U saved and a couple of Sophia bodies ordered also. Plus the Manutech bumper and foam CRC. Not sure why they bother with the carbon one, thats a bit of a concern.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default ManuTech kevlar bumper

Had issues with the stock CRC Gen-X 10 bumper plate from the get go. So, I have to give Manutech a plug for their Gen-X-10 kydex bumper plate. Got it from them for only $10 plus shipping.

Have it teamed with the CRC foam bumper ($4.95). I cut back the leading edge of the kydex plate about 1/2" (following their slots) to make it so the foam bumper overhangs the plate. Now I have a soft bumper to cover my "little" mishaps.

http://www.manutech.info/rcracinghom...gproducts.html

Anyone want to buy my spare CRC bumper plates??? At least they're pretty!

Last edited by Still Bill; 11-10-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: To correct material from "kevlar" to "kydex"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.