Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
I like to use this Losi ball nut (female ball stud) to replace some of the CRC aluminum ball nuts. Have not seen the identical part in titanium. There are titanium ball studs available. I recommend the steel part, though.

Losi A6009 Losi JRXS female ballstuds, ball nuts (replace soft aluminum) $5.90

Lunsford Titanium ball studs
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXURR1&P=7

John
Thanks John.

The Losi female ball stud looks great!

Bill
Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=LOSA6009.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

T4-RC8 RACER77 - The balls that you measured are fine. I measured a few at .167 in steel and .1685 in Aluminum. You are within .001 of the big one. It is not likely that they are over size. The plastic ball cups may be hard to snap on. I use a tiny pair of channel locks to do this so I don't stress the parts of the car they are attached too. I am not sure how you measured the ID of the ball cups as that would be one tricky job that would need a special ID tool with a ball shaped end smaller than our pivot balls.

Pop and remove the ballcups a couple of times if they are tight.
john
Old 12-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Having some issues with the left hub. I cannot get it to clamp to the axle. I cleaned out some debris from the screw hole and slot but no joy. I actually snapped the head off a screw trying to get it to clamp. (got it back out thankfully) Is there a trick here I don't know? I'm a TC racer and this is my first pan car. I assume I am missing something obvious. Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Default Ball

Hey john s. cup was fine . The ball is what measures .1725dia it was out of the kit. The other was .1695 dia this was a package of extra I bought. The ball link was fine.

Last edited by T4-RC8 RACER77; 12-28-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikel33
Having some issues with the left hub. I cannot get it to clamp to the axle. I cleaned out some debris from the screw hole and slot but no joy. I actually snapped the head off a screw trying to get it to clamp. (got it back out thankfully) Is there a trick here I don't know? I'm a TC racer and this is my first pan car. I assume I am missing something obvious. Any help is appreciated.
I have had the same issue with the double-screw affixing left hub.

Just started doing a routine of slightly tightening each screw and alternating back-and-forth between the two screws until I got the hub to hold. Didn't seem like it should make a significant difference; but, it did for me.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

OK then. That .1725 ball is way out of spec. e-mail for a replacement.

left hubs. There is no doubt the left hub has to have tight screws to function. First make sure your diff is not slipping and fooling you. Watch the axle near the left hub, twist the left hub with spur and other hub held fixed. If the left hub slips and the axle is stationary you have a problem.

I use blue locktite on the left hub clamping screws. It does two things. It lubricates the screw on assembly and then it holds the screws tight so the wheel does not fall off in a race. Usually after a few on off cycles the hub is easier to clamp as the aluminum forms to the axle a little. I also tighten each screw a little at a time and alternate back and forth like Still Bill does. This better insures a concentric hub install.

john
Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Default Bill

Thank u john s. reading my stuff. I like the car, I am glad I listened to u about the car!do u think Crc will replaces the balls?

Last edited by T4-RC8 RACER77; 12-28-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Jin
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Sounds like a massive lack of traction. What surface are you running on?

ok now i need help, any other solutions to why the car spins out only on half trottle.

im using a lipo 7.4 with a 13.5 with a rollout of 59.8 (with gear ratio of 3.15)
using a 104/33 gears. im using the CRC Spec tires. tested on a local race track and different parking lots etc. etc. and still unstable. im guessing that the genx10 cant handle anything above 13.5. Or it can only be run on carpet or sugar coated tracks.
how is other guys running 3.5 withour spinning out all the time just on a straight.

-anything above half trottle will do a 360 spin out instantly
-anytime i brake on the car, it does 360 to 720 spins
-a small tap on the trottle on turns spins out the car even if going like 10 mph.

thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jin
ok now i need help, any other solutions to why the car spins out only on half trottle.

im using a lipo 7.4 with a 13.5 with a rollout of 59.8 (with gear ratio of 3.15)
using a 104/33 gears. im using the CRC Spec tires. tested on a local race track and different parking lots etc. etc. and still unstable. im guessing that the genx10 cant handle anything above 13.5. Or it can only be run on carpet or sugar coated tracks.
how is other guys running 3.5 withour spinning out all the time just on a straight.

-a small tap on the trottle on turns spins out the car even if going like 10 mph.

thanks in advance.
The spec tires are too hard for 13.5 with lipo on an untreated track. Try a set of pink rears. The spec was intended for 4 cell 13.5.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

It is very hard to get any 2wd foam tire car to go around an unprepared track. A couple things that will help is some kind of high downforce body (I've run the protoform 200mm lola, it worked pretty good). Also softer tires, pink rear and purple or double pink fronts. I ran lipo 5.5 on a large 1/8 nitro track and it got around the track pretty well. It was the first race of the year on the track and it was a little dusty, so it was hard to keep grip for 5 minutes, but in the end with some chassis tweaks I was able to make it last. I would think that any car, not just CRC, would struggle with the circumstances you mentioned. If you have a prepared track nearby, give it a try there.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jin

thanks in advance.
My Gen-X 10 will spin out with a 17.5 motor and lipo on a unprepped surface.
With a 13.5 it is a missile.

Agree with Mike that the best solution is going with Pink rears to gain some traction; but, the surface would still need to be pretty clean. You will love the car on carpet.

Bill
Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Jin
Tech Adept

wow ic, i thought my car was the only one doing this. well im new to pan cars and didnt expect that they where this unstable just with a 13.5 motor.
i will try it with pinks. is XXpinks more grip then just PINKs?? is there anything grippier then pinks also, like whites?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Jin
Tech Adept

Anyone used Jaco Whites on asphalt or is the pinks the grippeist you can get for that type of surface??
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Jin-The pinks or the spec tire will be better on asphalt than white in the back. There is no doubt that pan cars love sugar treated tracks and carpets. You can however drive them fast (not as fast) on untreated asphalt. The trick is to learn throttle control. No taps on the throttle allowed. You want to roll on the throttle gradually just after corner exit. You do this smoothly. You learn the limit with the mid straight spins. You have rolled it on a little to fast or not enough early and too much late. Don't expect to learn this in one or two sessions. When you keep the power added just under the traction available you find the best acceleration. Use traction compound on the tires. I like Corally Jack the Gripper. Just keep the tires wet with it anytime its off the track. Try purple fronts to reduce steering traction some. This will help mid corner spins.

Other things that help. Use the maximum spoiler chord or wing allowed for the class. Roar rules say 2 inch. Not sure there is a World GT spec this generous. The wing will plant the rear and allow more traction about 10-15 feet out of the corners. I was in the same place as you at the beginning of the Pantoura thread. Now even the 3.5 is under control.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.